• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfinch86
    replied
    G-Day Mate !

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
    Norm,
    Reading your posts always makes my day!!!! Hey by the way for a man who is worried about his "mind" you are pretty **** witty.
    Nick
    I'm happy to hear that, Nick !
    Keep smilling, there's always a bright side to every story !

...........Norm

Leave a comment:

• Trouble Maker
    replied
    I'm 49 and have suffered from "Craft" disease for a long time (Can't Remember A Freaking Thing).

I try to keep everything in the same place but it slowly seems to migrate to other areas depending on my needs at the time. A lot of it seems to accumulate in my truck and I end up sorting it and putting it away because I didn't need it there other than for the job it was originally used on.

Leave a comment:

• kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
    I've got the perfect solution !
    I'm going to combine the suggestions from posts 39 & 40 and get a bucket & fill it with Ginko Biloba !!!!!!

............Norm

Norm,
    Reading your posts always makes my day!!!! Hey by the way for a man who is worried about his "mind" you are pretty **** witty.
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    Solution !

I've got the perfect solution !
    I'm going to combine the suggestions from posts 39 & 40 and get a bucket & fill it with Ginko Biloba !!!!!!

............Norm

Leave a comment:

• Scott Young
    replied
    I use the bucket method to help keep stuff together while I am working, but I also have things like soap stone in my bib pocket, tape measure on my hip, striker and stub file on my other hip, welpers in my thigh pocket and my brush, hammer, and large file in my welding bucket. I also keep other thing in my bucket, but I never loose a soap stone or scribe if I am wearing my overalls. now if I work and don't have them on, then I am spending half the day looking for where I laid it all down. I try to remember to put it in my bucket.

I am glad to know I am not alone in this.

Leave a comment:

• kdronet
    replied
    no one's suggested drugs!!!!

Originally posted by Burnt hands View Post
    This thread is great !

My method ( please note that I did not say "solution") was to get several 5 gallon buckets in different colors.

I also bought several of those canvas carriers that fit around the bucket to hold tools. NI then set up each color bucket for a specific type of work with the tools specific to that function.

Red was for welding, yellow was for electrical, green was for plumbing, white was for woodworking. I even sub-divided some functions such as using a blue bucket for plastic plumbing (PVC) work and green for sweat soldering (copper) work.

Worked for a while until I started looting one bucket for a tool and then not putting it back where it should have been.
    This is even after buying multiple sets of the same tools for each bucket.

Now I lose an entire bucket instead of just one tool.
    i am a retired pharmacist raised on a cattle - rice farm and am 61 years old and have found all the above suggestions very helpful but i also take ginkgo biloba and have found it to help my mental alertness greatly remember you can't mess with father time it's enevitable!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Burnt hands
    replied
    This thread is great !

My method ( please note that I did not say "solution") was to get several 5 gallon buckets in different colors.

I also bought several of those canvas carriers that fit around the bucket to hold tools. NI then set up each color bucket for a specific type of work with the tools specific to that function.

Red was for welding, yellow was for electrical, green was for plumbing, white was for woodworking. I even sub-divided some functions such as using a blue bucket for plastic plumbing (PVC) work and green for sweat soldering (copper) work.

Worked for a while until I started looting one bucket for a tool and then not putting it back where it should have been.
    This is even after buying multiple sets of the same tools for each bucket.

Now I lose an entire bucket instead of just one tool.

Leave a comment:

• SNUNEZ
    replied
    losing tools

Sorry here I go again.............
    also I keep clamps hangin from a sliding " outrigger " that slides from my table frame also use for stinger hanger when not in use I slide back out of the way , actually 4 outriggers ...... 4 corners 4 outriggers...............

Leave a comment:

• SNUNEZ
    replied
    losing tools

I have a container made of 3 pcs of square tubing the middle is 4" square 8 " tall mitered the side pcs are 2" square mitered plate on bottom all tbg is welded to this plate handle on top of 4" tbg keep my square welpers chipping hammer scraper etc in this container , on the sides of this unit I welded a couple magnets to hold my tri square or whatever have been using it for about 35 yrs, hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• BD1
    replied
    Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
    I gotta ask...Why do you have a hot water heater? If the water is hot I see no reason to heat it. At my house I have a cold waeter heater!
    Mine is a WATER HEATER ! You have a heater to make cold water ?

Now I lost what I was gonna say.

Leave a comment:

• nocheepgas
    replied
    Originally posted by dumb as a stump View Post
    seems I took them off in the basement (of the house) and left them on top of the hot water heater.
    I gotta ask...Why do you have a hot water heater? If the water is hot I see no reason to heat it. At my house I have a cold waeter heater!

Leave a comment:

• k45
    replied
    How do you not lose things?

My problem with "putting everything in its place "is that I forget where that place is!

I have found that keeping a tray on the bench for small things like markers, grinder wrenches, etc. helps to keep track of those things.

Leave a comment:

• dumb as a stump
    replied
    Loosing stuff and getting old SUCKS

Well this is just starting for me. I will turn 51 this year and this is not just in the shop I have this problem. It has been made worse because of diabeties, (I was diagnosed 5 years ago). Seems if your sugar is high your are worse then average. I now know why when I go to estate auctions why there is frequently multiples of alot of stuff. I find little comfort in knowing that I'm not alone either. I once spent 1/2 a day looking for my prescription glasses, seems I took them off in the basement (of the house) and left them on top of the hot water heater.
    I found the pile of tools in the nest funny, but seriously dude you gotta get rid of them. When I try to talk to my buddy he just says "welcome to my world", (that Assho-e is not much help).

Leave a comment:

• Samuelrhoden29
    replied
    hi hello all this is Samuel new ere in site..

hope we can be friends ..

thanks!

Leave a comment:

• strube1369
    replied
    Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    If you want to find it, stop looking for it.
    Yeah, just look for something else...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X