Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you not lose things?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    If you want to find it, stop looking for it.
    Yeah, just look for something else...
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

    Comment


    • #32
      hi hello all this is Samuel new ere in site..

      hope we can be friends ..

      thanks!
      Chicago Rack Card Printing
      Print Chicago Rack Cards online with PrintPlace.com. Full color custom printing in as fast as 2 days. Get instant quotes, instant proofs and request free samples online.

      Comment


      • #33
        Loosing stuff and getting old SUCKS

        Well this is just starting for me. I will turn 51 this year and this is not just in the shop I have this problem. It has been made worse because of diabeties, (I was diagnosed 5 years ago). Seems if your sugar is high your are worse then average. I now know why when I go to estate auctions why there is frequently multiples of alot of stuff. I find little comfort in knowing that I'm not alone either. I once spent 1/2 a day looking for my prescription glasses, seems I took them off in the basement (of the house) and left them on top of the hot water heater.
        I found the pile of tools in the nest funny, but seriously dude you gotta get rid of them. When I try to talk to my buddy he just says "welcome to my world", (that Assho-e is not much help).

        Comment


        • #34
          How do you not lose things?

          My problem with "putting everything in its place "is that I forget where that place is!

          I have found that keeping a tray on the bench for small things like markers, grinder wrenches, etc. helps to keep track of those things.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by dumb as a stump View Post
            seems I took them off in the basement (of the house) and left them on top of the hot water heater.
            I gotta ask...Why do you have a hot water heater? If the water is hot I see no reason to heat it. At my house I have a cold waeter heater!
            Miller Syncrowave 200
            Homemade Water Cooler
            130XP MIG
            Spectrum 375
            60 year old Logan Lathe
            Select Machine and Tool Mill
            More stuff than I can keep track of..

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
              I gotta ask...Why do you have a hot water heater? If the water is hot I see no reason to heat it. At my house I have a cold waeter heater!
              Mine is a WATER HEATER ! You have a heater to make cold water ?

              Now I lost what I was gonna say.

              Comment


              • #37
                losing tools

                I have a container made of 3 pcs of square tubing the middle is 4" square 8 " tall mitered the side pcs are 2" square mitered plate on bottom all tbg is welded to this plate handle on top of 4" tbg keep my square welpers chipping hammer scraper etc in this container , on the sides of this unit I welded a couple magnets to hold my tri square or whatever have been using it for about 35 yrs, hope it helps

                Comment


                • #38
                  losing tools

                  Sorry here I go again.............
                  also I keep clamps hangin from a sliding " outrigger " that slides from my table frame also use for stinger hanger when not in use I slide back out of the way , actually 4 outriggers ...... 4 corners 4 outriggers...............

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    This thread is great !

                    My method ( please note that I did not say "solution") was to get several 5 gallon buckets in different colors.

                    I also bought several of those canvas carriers that fit around the bucket to hold tools. NI then set up each color bucket for a specific type of work with the tools specific to that function.

                    Red was for welding, yellow was for electrical, green was for plumbing, white was for woodworking. I even sub-divided some functions such as using a blue bucket for plastic plumbing (PVC) work and green for sweat soldering (copper) work.

                    Worked for a while until I started looting one bucket for a tool and then not putting it back where it should have been.
                    This is even after buying multiple sets of the same tools for each bucket.

                    Now I lose an entire bucket instead of just one tool.
                    Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

                    Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      no one's suggested drugs!!!!

                      Originally posted by Burnt hands View Post
                      This thread is great !

                      My method ( please note that I did not say "solution") was to get several 5 gallon buckets in different colors.

                      I also bought several of those canvas carriers that fit around the bucket to hold tools. NI then set up each color bucket for a specific type of work with the tools specific to that function.

                      Red was for welding, yellow was for electrical, green was for plumbing, white was for woodworking. I even sub-divided some functions such as using a blue bucket for plastic plumbing (PVC) work and green for sweat soldering (copper) work.

                      Worked for a while until I started looting one bucket for a tool and then not putting it back where it should have been.
                      This is even after buying multiple sets of the same tools for each bucket.

                      Now I lose an entire bucket instead of just one tool.
                      i am a retired pharmacist raised on a cattle - rice farm and am 61 years old and have found all the above suggestions very helpful but i also take ginkgo biloba and have found it to help my mental alertness greatly remember you can't mess with father time it's enevitable!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I use the bucket method to help keep stuff together while I am working, but I also have things like soap stone in my bib pocket, tape measure on my hip, striker and stub file on my other hip, welpers in my thigh pocket and my brush, hammer, and large file in my welding bucket. I also keep other thing in my bucket, but I never loose a soap stone or scribe if I am wearing my overalls. now if I work and don't have them on, then I am spending half the day looking for where I laid it all down. I try to remember to put it in my bucket.

                        I am glad to know I am not alone in this.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Solution !

                          I've got the perfect solution !
                          I'm going to combine the suggestions from posts 39 & 40 and get a bucket & fill it with Ginko Biloba !!!!!!

                          ............Norm
                          www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
                            I've got the perfect solution !
                            I'm going to combine the suggestions from posts 39 & 40 and get a bucket & fill it with Ginko Biloba !!!!!!

                            ............Norm

                            Norm,
                            Reading your posts always makes my day!!!! Hey by the way for a man who is worried about his "mind" you are pretty **** witty.
                            Nick

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I'm 49 and have suffered from "Craft" disease for a long time (Can't Remember A Freaking Thing).

                              I try to keep everything in the same place but it slowly seems to migrate to other areas depending on my needs at the time. A lot of it seems to accumulate in my truck and I end up sorting it and putting it away because I didn't need it there other than for the job it was originally used on.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                G-Day Mate !

                                Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                                Norm,
                                Reading your posts always makes my day!!!! Hey by the way for a man who is worried about his "mind" you are pretty **** witty.
                                Nick
                                I'm happy to hear that, Nick !
                                Keep smilling, there's always a bright side to every story !

                                ...........Norm
                                www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X