Silicon Bronze Mig Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon Bronze Mig Wire

just joined up to ask a couple questions is silicon bronze mig welding wire suitable for trailer building? im building a boat trailer
    and does anyone know of a USA supplier with the 2lb rolls of the above wire that ships internationally?

cheers

I wouldnt use it. It doesnt have the strenth that mild steel wire does. It should only be used for non structual welds. Its good for body panels etc. Also its aprox $12 a pound.

Comment

NO PLEASE do not use it for anything but sheetmetal. I got 44 lbs off ebay for 20 bucks and picked it up local on my way home from work...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by AussieGaz View Post
        just joined up to ask a couple questions is silicon bronze mig welding wire suitable for trailer building? im building a boat trailer
        and does anyone know of a USA supplier with the 2lb rolls of the above wire that ships internationally?

cheers
        G'day mate. Not to sound like a wise guy, but they do have welding outfitters in OZ. It seems that it would be easier (and cheaper) to get supplies in Australia. The last package I shipped (last week) cost $16 USD per pound. Just my thoughts.
        Cheers,
        Nick

Comment

Working...
        X