Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

looks to me like they are going to kill the website and drive all the miller users to a place where they can be more easily marketed to. why not, it wasn't that long ago that i read a post stating that miller should take the site private so that they did not have to view posts about chinese welders. careful what you wish for.

don't worry H80 they'll continue to let you whine. lol

haha went back and did some editing, that'll make him moan.
      Last edited by fdcmiami; 04-05-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Club issues

Had no problem signed right up first time.

David
        Learn new things every day.
        You only have so many days.

Century Mig.
        Craftsman stick.
        Miller Diversion 165 Tig
        Hobart Plasma
        HF DC Tig
        1-O/A out fit

Comment

Originally posted by fdcmiami View Post
          looks to me like they are going to kill the website and drive all the miller users to a place where they can be more easily marketed to.

That's the word on the street.
          Last edited by shovelon; 04-06-2012, 10:03 AM. Reason: nevermind
          Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
          3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
          Miller Dynasty200DX
          ThermalArc 400 GTSW
          MillerMatic350P
          MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
          MKCobraMig260
          Lincoln SP-170T
          Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
          Hypertherm 1250
          Hypertherm 800
          PlasmaCam CNC cutter
          Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
          SiberHegner CNC Mill
          2 ea. Bridgeport
          LeBlond 15" Lathe
          Haberle 18" Cold Saw
          Doringer 14" Cold Saw
          6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

Yes, we've had Owners Club issues - but it's getting better

The Miller Owners Club was launched last week, and we have been rolling out announcements online and via email. Due to heavy demand, we realize the site has been running slowly and some users have encountered problems with registration, so we’ve now increased server size to improve performance and allow everyone to access the site who is interested.

We know what a valuable tool this Forum is for beginner and experienced welders alike, which is why we're encouraging Owners Club members, as well as all Miller product owners, to utilize these boards for guidance, advice and to share experiences. You may start to see some new members here as the Owners Club grows.

We’ve made note of your feedback here, and encourage you to share any other comments you may have about the site as we constantly strive to make improvements, either here on the Forum or by emailing [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by Miller Welders View Post
              The Miller Owners Club was launched last week, and we have been rolling out announcements online and via email. Due to heavy demand, we realize the site has been running slowly and some users have encountered problems with registration, so we’ve now increased server size to improve performance and allow everyone to access the site who is interested.

We know what a valuable tool this Forum is for beginner and experienced welders alike, which is why we're encouraging Owners Club members, as well as all Miller product owners, to utilize these boards for guidance, advice and to share experiences. You may start to see some new members here as the Owners Club grows.
              We’ve made note of your feedback here, and encourage you to share any other comments you may have about the site as we constantly strive to make improvements, either here on the Forum or by emailing [email protected].
              So you get people to sign up for the owners club & then you encourage them to come to the boards? Why not just get them to join the board? I just don't get it.
              MM250
              Trailblazer 250g
              22a feeder
              Lincoln ac/dc 225
              Victor O/A
              MM200 black face
              Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
              Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
              Arco roto-phase model M
              Vectrax 7x12 band saw
              Miller spectrum 875
              30a spoolgun w/wc-24
              Syncrowave 250
              RCCS-14

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
                What is the owners club going to offer that I don't get here? This is one of two forums that I go to regularly. The other being a car one. I really wouldn't go to another forum.
                it's not about what you get; have you looked at or provided the information that they are requesting. it's about what they get, and they are getting plenty if you fill out the profile form in its entirety.

i also noticed that miller is not involving itself in the weldor/welder debate. on page two of the profile they state,

"Since membership is limited to welders who own Miller equipment,"

so enough of that nonsense; good enough for miller, good enough for me.

Comment

When I first saw the thread, I decided to sign up.

During the process, I started to question why I needed to provide my name, address, phone, email, gender and more.

My thought is that some marketing types at Miller Electric wanted to gather information in order to compile another database or mailing list.

Kind of like the "mail-in rebate" programs where you must supply the same information in order to get your $ refund/rebate.

If you jump thru their hoops and get a check, it most likely will take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive and it will look like a postal card piece of junk mail.

No coincidence since if you toss it, they save money and still have all your details to sell to a marketing company's mailing list.

Put another way; if I came up to you on the street and offered you $10 cash for your name, address, phone number, email and other details, would you provide this?

I get enough spam both on-line and via the US postal service.

I enjoy the information the members provide on the discussion forums so I opted not to join the owners club.

Remember - what you put on the Internet stays on the Internet FOREVER.
                  Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Miller Owners Club Issues.

This owners club site, as it stands, is not worth sh..
                    I feel tricked by Miller.
                    It says limited to welders who own Miller equipment, with no proof you own a Miller product, why not have a space for serial # so when you go to the site you can pull up all the info for your welder.
                    It says to provide information specific to your welding equipment, I have an Elite Titanium, no selection for that. Millermatic 212, only shows 212 auto set. Tig only shows Diversion 165 and 180. Bobcat 250 only shows EFI.
                    Fix it or ditch it, just my opinion.
                    If its not getting fixed how do I delete all my info from it?
                    Kevin

Comment

Miller Owners Club

The goal of the Miller Owners Club is to be a valuable resource for the personal product owner by providing articles, videos and information relevant to the welding and cutting products they own. We hope to be able to integrate this site with Product Registration in the future, but for now we will use a member's personal and product information to continue to provide resources that will help them do great work. Miller will not rent, sell or otherwise share member information with third parties for purposes unrelated to Owners Club. Becoming a member of the Miller Owners Club is a personal choice and if you do not feel comfortable giving your information for this purpose, you are in no way required to do so.

We are constantly striving to make the site better and more valuable to our members. We value your feedback and will consider it as we make future enhancements. Any questions can be directed to [email protected].

Comment

I tried to sign up right away. It was so slow and then kept asking for the information that I had filled out, so gave up and went on with something else. May try latter.

Comment

Why would I think I need to join the "Owners' club"? I check this site here once every day or two..that should be enough. Also I own a couple of Miller welders.....So do I really NEED to join a "club"? I think NOT! I think I "joined" when I spent my money on Miller products and I don't need to "join" any other way.

If Miller is interested in doing the online thing, why not just provide a little more support and a few REAL full time technicians to read this site and provide input where needed. That should be way more effective than pestering people with some "new" club site, not to mention a WHOLE LOT cheaper.
                          Don J
                          Reno, NV

Never pick a fight with an old guy. Old guys are too smart to fight and get hurt. They'll just kill you and get it over with.

Comment

Originally posted by dondlhmn View Post
                            Why would I think I need to join the "Owners' club"? I check this site here once every day or two..that should be enough. Also I own a couple of Miller welders.....So do I really NEED to join a "club"? I think NOT! I think I "joined" when I spent my money on Miller products and I don't need to "join" any other way.

If Miller is interested in doing the online thing, why not just provide a little more support and a few REAL full time technicians to read this site and provide input where needed. That should be way more effective than pestering people with some "new" club site, not to mention a WHOLE LOT cheaper.
                            Amen Don

I have been urging that for years.... the better the tech support, the happier the customers... that means more sales in both the "Industrial" and "Hobby" markets, .... it would cover new and repeat buyers..........and provide an edge in the market during these tough times..
                            I Love my Miller equipment... but sometimes have a hard time understanding what they are up to as a company... and what the Miller/ITW vision for the future is... the welding equipment portion of a conglomerate like ITW is a very different animal than some segments that might be more down market... one size rarely fits all...
                            Last edited by H80N; 04-14-2012, 07:50 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
                            X