Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Owners Club Issues.

https://owners.millerwelds.com/home
    I know its new and will have some bugs but besides being super s l o w and some of the drop down boxes won't load. Then i try to enter all of my info it comes up in the red saying i need to fill out some more info. Some of it i did 3 times before it took. Oh well i will check it out again in a few days. See you all there...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

I tried three times and took forever. I don't know if it did go through. I did use the contact us to let them know. We will see what happens.

Comment

Dead slow......

would be curious as to who thought that further splintering the audience was a brilliant idea.... Wrong Direction!!!

a few years ago when the original "AskAndy" forum was growing and getting a solid following.... some sales type thought it should be expanded into a whole department... with a lot of staff and 3 distinct forums...... that expensive move diluted the user base and wasted resources.... now a further spreading out and splintering of the base..... just a Dumb move..... "Owners Club"????
      are not those of us that have a shop full of blue equipment already members???

pull it back together into ONE forum and watch how the traffic picks up and the focus sharpens.... how many different directions do you want to go in at the same time??

A smart direction would be to lay off a few "internet marketing experts" and put on a couple of competent technical support people... then see things grow....

My opinion is that this was a poorly thought out ill concieved idea..... drop back and sharpen your tungsten....
      Last edited by H80N; 04-04-2012, 06:27 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

What is the owners club going to offer that I don't get here? This is one of two forums that I go to regularly. The other being a car one. I really wouldn't go to another forum.
        MM250
        Trailblazer 250g
        22a feeder
        Lincoln ac/dc 225
        Victor O/A
        MM200 black face
        Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
        Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
        Arco roto-phase model M
        Vectrax 7x12 band saw
        Miller spectrum 875
        30a spoolgun w/wc-24
        Syncrowave 250
        RCCS-14

Comment

Ditto on slow with bugs, just gave up.

Comment

Miller Owners Club Issues.

Huh didn't know anything about it. This is the first I'm hearing about it. You would think Miller would put a link to it on its forum. All I have is blue. I'm insulted, where's my invite. lol
            It's ok I'll wait till it works.

Comment

I received a reply. They told me today's emailing had a bigger response then they thought causing sloooooooooooooow slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww response time. they are working on the issues.

Comment

The very best enhancement that Miller could give the customer on this site is to add more technical support people to help answer questions resolve issues.... it would help to build site traffic and increase sales.... The Millerwelds forum has a strong loyal following of many dedicated welding professionals and serious hobbiests that are more than willing to share knowledge and expertise with newcomers needing guidance.... but the addition of a couple of Miller factory Welder/Welding TECHNICAL support people to monitor the board and jump in as needed would be a real boon.. that would add more factory support to augment all of the volunteer folks
                .....and it would be a better application of scarce resources during these tough times...

this is technical equipment... not soap or paper products...

This goofy "Owners Club" idea is a kinda gimicky ... big volume---no content idea...
                and the launch was so well orchestrated that almost nobody here had even heard of it..... strange...
                Last edited by H80N; 04-04-2012, 10:05 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

I signed up for it a week ago and get their emails but when I entered my machines it would not accept my older miller machines

Comment

My oldest welder is 4 years old and newest is 1 year old none are on the list.
                    Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by dozer7078 View Post
                      I signed up for it a week ago and get their emails but when I entered my machines it would not accept my older miller machines
                      It took my 1990 Bobcat 225G just fine, but the icon that shows up is for a newer model.
                      "Necessity is the father of invention."

Comment

I thought there was going to be refreshments
                        Nick
                        Miller 252 Mig
                        Miller Cricket XL
                        Millermatic 150 Mig
                        Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                        2-O/A outfits
                        Jet Lathe and Mill
                        Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                        DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                        Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                        20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                        Propane Forge
                        60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                        Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                        and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

The largest single group of Miller owners on the planet is probably here on the Millerwelds "Welding Discussions" forum.... yet there was no notice here about that "Owners Club"........Why Not?? I first heard of it yesterday when people were complaining that it was locking up and crashing when they tried to join....
                          ????...............

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

I'm not confused, I think it is geared to the home hobby welder and new purchaser of equipment. I put in tig and it didn't have Dynasty or Syncrowave as options, only Diversion and another small tig welder. Older 212 Millermatic defaults to 212 auto set. Bobcat only shows EFI model.

Comment

Well the site finally opened, and I gave my email and user crap, and it is still processing.

And processing, and processing, and processing, and pro............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
                              Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
                              3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
                              Miller Dynasty200DX
                              ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                              MillerMatic350P
                              MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
                              MKCobraMig260
                              Lincoln SP-170T
                              Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                              Hypertherm 1250