Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Spoolmate for welding aluminum on Millermatic 185 serial number LA18xxxx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Spoolmate for welding aluminum on Millermatic 185 serial number LA18xxxx?

I was told when I purchased this welder new that I could eventually buy a spoolmate to weld aluminum. I don't see this option in my manual and wondered if someone knew the answer?
    I do see some plugs that have stickers to turn off the wire feed. But its just a plug. It seems like that is where it would turn off the wire feed in order to use the handheld spoolmate?.

Originally posted by Welder64 View Post
    I was told when I purchased this welder new that I could eventually buy a spoolmate to weld aluminum. I don't see this option in my manual and wondered if someone knew the answer?
    I do see some plugs that have stickers to turn off the wire feed. But its just a plug. It seems like that is where it would turn off the wire feed in order to use the handheld spoolmate?.
    I don't know about the Miller 185, but with my Lincoln 180C, when I bought the spoolgun a wiring harness came with the spoolgun.
    I had to remove the welders case & wire up the wire harness , then knock out the plastic plug inside the welder to put the toggle switch so you can switch between spoolgun & normal mig welding !

It's likely something similar to my Lincoln mig welder !

.........Norm
    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Which Spoolmate for welding aluminum on Millermatic 185 serial number LA18xxxx?

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/wire_feeders/spoolgun-chart.html
      Try this chart, hope it helps
      Kevin

Comment

I have the Miller 185 Spoolmate i bought with my MM185 and really like it. But i don't know what the difference is between the 185 and the 3035 but they look the same to me...Bob
        http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...gun-chart.html
        Bob Wright

Comment

There will be a toggle switch between the wire spool and the feed rollers you just flip it. I put quick connects on the gas hose to make the gas hookup easier...Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

We sell a kit (plug and play) that adapts the 30A/WC24 to ANY machine with CV capability.

We initially made it to adapt to a Lincoln Ranger/Vantage, but found it would easily connect to ANY wire feeder. In other words we could pop it (magnetic mount) on an ESAB, Lincoln, Miller, or any knock off within 5 minutes and weld away.

$250 Cad
            Last edited by cruizer; 04-02-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X