X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go2building
    replied
    Flux Cores getting me down...

Sounds to me like the spool is not locked in to holder or tension is too loose. I never ran flux core in my 212 but with hard wire I have never had it birds nest in the mech. The spool has to be over rolling the feed.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by MMW View Post
    I run a lot of flux core gasless wire known as innershield. Using .045 mainly Hobart 21B. I don't have that problem. I set the drive roll tension just enough so it doesn't slip when welding but if it gets stuck it will slip slightly instead of birdnesting. Very rarely does it get stuck. I assume you are using the same gun for both wires & you blow it out when switching? I keep my nozzle on for both types of wires. My gun is 15' with a .045 liner.

What size wire & settings are you running?
    Are your drive wheels knurled? I think smooth would be better...Bob

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    I wouldn't trade solid wire w gas for non gas flux core. I weld outside too and use cardboard shields and tarps to block the wind. I just don't like non gas flux. Thats just me prob and i am sure someone who likes it will chime in.
    Now i run gas flux at work all day everyday and i use lots of tips and have birds nests about once a day but the biggest prob is the company bought aftermarket tip adaptors and they are just too long and i spend lots of time grinding dow 1/2 of a new tip. Think i will take some home and wack them off in my lathe and do a proper deburring of the end...Bob

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    I run a lot of flux core gasless wire known as innershield. Using .045 mainly Hobart 21B. I don't have that problem. I set the drive roll tension just enough so it doesn't slip when welding but if it gets stuck it will slip slightly instead of birdnesting. Very rarely does it get stuck. I assume you are using the same gun for both wires & you blow it out when switching? I keep my nozzle on for both types of wires. My gun is 15' with a .045 liner.

What size wire & settings are you running?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X