X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunner12R
    replied
    Originally posted by shovelon View Post
    I got to test drive the 280. There are 2 versions of the 280, the 280 basic, and the 280DX.

The DX model has all the parameter functions available for adjusting on the fly, like the 350 has. I believe it has the SD interface also.

The basic has a user panel just like the Diversion. You set the metal, then thickness, and the machine does all the rest for you. The SD card will open up a whole new universe for welding IMO.

The extra 80 amps over the 200 makes a huge difference, not as big as the 350, but amazing all the same.
    How will an SD slot make a difference? I understand it may possibly open up the ability of future updates to the software if Miller sees fit to do so, but what else do you think it will allow? I'm not arguing at all just curious.. My biggest complaint about the 350 is size but it's A LOT of welding machine and although I would really love it if it were smaller like the 280. I wouldn't be willing to give up an once of reliability if making it smaller meant making the machine less durable.

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunner12R View Post
    How so? I understand it will have an SD slot but exactly what else are you thinking it's going to have that will be better than the 350? Besides the size of course

To be better than the 350 it would have to do the work for you.. Now walking into the shop and telling the welder to do my work while I relax is about all I can imagine that it could possibly do to beat the 350!!
    I got to test drive the 280. There are 2 versions of the 280, the 280 basic, and the 280DX.

The DX model has all the parameter functions available for adjusting on the fly, like the 350 has. I believe it has the SD interface also.

The basic has a user panel just like the Diversion. You set the metal, then thickness, and the machine does all the rest for you. The SD card will open up a whole new universe for welding IMO.

The extra 80 amps over the 200 makes a huge difference, not as big as the 350, but amazing all the same.

Leave a comment:

• Gunner12R
    replied
    Well if you do wait, you will be glad you did. This 280 is so cutting edge, it is scary.
    How so? I understand it will have an SD slot but exactly what else are you thinking it's going to have that will be better than the 350? Besides the size of course

To be better than the 350 it would have to do the work for you.. Now walking into the shop and telling the welder to do my work while I relax is about all I can imagine that it could possibly do to beat the 350!!

Leave a comment:

• crabber
    replied
    Originally posted by johnpon View Post
    Are you saying that the D350 welds better than the D200 or just that you enjoy having more "head room"?
    I bought the Dynasty 200 brand new in 2005 and the D350 brand new in 2012.

The 200 did everything it was designed to do well. The 350 is doing the same with lots more power.

The starts are better on the 350, but it is seven years newer than the tech of the 200 when I got it.

The 200 is very portable, much more than the 350. That portability is quite profitable.

-Ian

Leave a comment:

• johnpon
    replied
    Originally posted by crabber View Post
    Better to let Miller run the 280 through accelerated usage cycles than us!

I sold my 200DX when I heard about the 280 thinking it might change the used market price. I bought a D350 because I needed more amperage and it is the finest welder I have ever used!

-Ian
    Are you saying that the D350 welds better than the D200 or just that you enjoy having more "head room"?

Leave a comment:

• grumpycricket
    replied
    Got 2 test drive the 280 @ a trade show back in Feb. Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• johnpon
    replied
    comparison?

"I sold my 200DX when I heard about the 280 thinking it might change the used market price. I bought a D350 because I needed more amperage and it is the finest welder I have ever used!"

Are you saying the D350 is noticeably a better welder than the 200? Or just as nice with more "head room"?
    Last edited by johnpon; 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• steph
    replied
    $5800 - $6000 machine only.

Leave a comment:

• go2building
    replied
    Originally posted by go2building View Post
    I'm going with a 280 tig runner package at a full retail of $9500 and Internet sales at $7900. Hope I'm wrong!!!!!
    Kevin
    Are you starting a pool????

Should I? What's your price guna be?
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    Originally posted by go2building View Post
    I'm going with a 280 tig runner package at a full retail of $9500 and Internet sales at $7900. Hope I'm wrong!!!!!
    Kevin
    Are you starting a pool????

Leave a comment:

• go2building
    replied
    Dynasty 280DX When?

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronald Abler View Post
    For the purpose of discussion I would suspect that the price of the 280 dx for effective marketing would lie between the dynasty 200 dx and 350 dx. A non educated guess would put the base "retail" price of the unit without accessories in the $5000 range and the full package with wireless foot control in the $8000 range. I suspect that internet sellers would discount those prices by 10-20%. I will need to save more and figure a way to introduce this to my wife! I fear that she will want an automated sewing machine.
    Soooo, if that is all it takes.............
    Last edited by shovelon; 06-15-2012, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ronald Abler
    replied
    For the purpose of discussion I would suspect that the price of the 280 dx for effective marketing would lie between the dynasty 200 dx and 350 dx. A non educated guess would put the base "retail" price of the unit without accessories in the $5000 range and the full package with wireless foot control in the $8000 range. I suspect that internet sellers would discount those prices by 10-20%. I will need to save more and figure a way to introduce this to my wife! I fear that she will want an automated sewing machine.

Leave a comment:

• crabber
    replied
    I called Miller sales in Appleton, Wisconsin. I was told that the 280 dx would not be available until June or July of this year. This is the same response I got when calling cyberweld for availability. I was disappointed as I had hoped, as rumored, that an April release was pending. Guess I need to wait a bit longer
    Better to let Miller run the 280 through accelerated usage cycles than us!

I sold my 200DX when I heard about the 280 thinking it might change the used market price. I bought a D350 because I needed more amperage and it is the finest welder I have ever used!

It will be interesting to see how the 280 pans out. I wonder what the price will be?

-Ian

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    I called Miller sales in Appleton, Wisconsin. I was told that the 280 dx would not be available until June or July of this year. This is the same response I got when calling cyberweld for availability. I was disappointed as I had hoped, as rumored, that an April release was pending. Guess I need to wait a bit longer
    Well if you do wait, you will be glad you did. This 280 is so cutting edge, it is scary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X