Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having had a chance to try out various pieces of chinese welding/cutting equipment in the last several years... I do not believe that politics has much to do with peoples concerns about buying it.... more like marginal quality and nearly nonexistant support...

this statement is based on my own experience... others may have differing experience and opinions.........

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by srp View Post
      Temper temper temper, I will not go along to get along.

Is Everlast getting under your skin or what? You should not allow a thread to be called Chinese welders, if you don't want to talk about them and hear the truth. It seems you do not want to talk about them but only bash them.

Why are you even on this thread? If you do not have one how can you say their bad and have any creditability? I on the other hand can say they are good welders and know what I am talking about.

If it bothers you that someone thinks Miller is a good welder and Everlast is a good welder. Your just going to have to get over it.
      Settle down. Sounds like this tread is getting under your skin.
      http://www.everlastgenerators.com/fo...any-more-of-it

The notion that you have never seen anything bad about Chinese welders from your research is---well---
      http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3020685

I could go on and on and on. And I did not say that Everlast can't repair a broken welder, because they have and they better, because they are under warranty. The problem many people have is that Everlast makes the customer pay for shipping back to the seller for said repair, or the seller makes the customer do the repair. By targeting the untrained, I could and do assume that the novice buyer just gives up and treats it like a "Throw-away".

Quite frankly who cares how long the warranty is as long as this goes on. I have never had an issue with any welder that was not serviced ENTIRELY at the seller's cost.
      Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
      3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
      Miller Dynasty200DX
      ThermalArc 400 GTSW
      MillerMatic350P
      MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
      MKCobraMig260
      Lincoln SP-170T
      Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
      Hypertherm 1250
      Hypertherm 800
      PlasmaCam CNC cutter
      Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
      SiberHegner CNC Mill
      2 ea. Bridgeport
      LeBlond 15" Lathe
      Haberle 18" Cold Saw
      Doringer 14" Cold Saw
      6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

Pertinent Thread.............

Here is an old thread concerning this very subject... much discussion and viewpoints... a lot of interesting factors that you may want to take into consideration before you plunk down your hard earned shekels....

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...hlight=chinese

6 pages of diverse thoughts..worth reading....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

WOW !!! and now we are bringing a war that we had no business in that took place 50 years ago into why one welder is better than another? All those wars and the current ones and the future ones have anything to do with what the governments tell their people they have to do with... It's all about the rich killing off the poor in the end.. All the same .... The wars happen and NOTHING changes except lots of good people dead.. Because the governments aren't going to stop doing anything no matter if they lose.. I agree in the past wars did change things but today everyone in America is afraid of not being politically correct for the rest of the world so they tip toe around and kill a few thousand soldiers and claim victory... It's all a joke to them from the first shot fired...

But what does this have to do with welders?

Comment

Well my freinds son bought a everlast 200amp tig machine , it came in 3 days ago. After setting it up , this machine did pretty good IMO , But I have only ever used a transformer style machine . I would have to say after useing it that for a highschool kid that didnt have a whole bunch of money and that wants learn He got a deal without having to get a loan . Now for someone going to put this thing to work every day I dont know . I am pretty sure that the kid will run this little machine through the ringer in the next month or two , heck if its still going strong after that I might try to pick one up , but I will have to see .

Comment

Originally posted by kent9683 View Post
              Well my freinds son bought a everlast 200amp tig machine , it came in 3 days ago. After setting it up , this machine did pretty good IMO , But I have only ever used a transformer style machine . I would have to say after useing it that for a highschool kid that didnt have a whole bunch of money and that wants learn He got a deal without having to get a loan . Now for someone going to put this thing to work every day I dont know . I am pretty sure that the kid will run this little machine through the ringer in the next month or two , heck if its still going strong after that I might try to pick one up , but I will have to see .
              There you go Kent. If it floats your boat, have at it.

Let us know how your son's friend makes out.
              Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
              3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
              Miller Dynasty200DX
              ThermalArc 400 GTSW
              MillerMatic350P
              MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
              MKCobraMig260
              Lincoln SP-170T
              Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
              Hypertherm 1250
              Hypertherm 800
              PlasmaCam CNC cutter
              Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
              SiberHegner CNC Mill
              2 ea. Bridgeport
              LeBlond 15" Lathe
              Haberle 18" Cold Saw
              Doringer 14" Cold Saw
              6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

I know a guy that drives a Ford Focus... Should I dislike him because he thinks his focus is a great car? Should I dislike Ford for selling a cheap car? After all my personal cars are much better and expensive so this makes me better than him right? He can't afford the best so he must be stupid right?

The arguing about Everlast being a cheap knock off style machine makes about as much sense as the statements I made above... WTF? Just because other people don't see everything the same as I do don't mean they are stupid or don't deserve the same respect. So what ....... Everlast isn't the same quality as Miller....we all know that and it's not costing any of us that own Miller machines a dine because they don't think the same as we do..... I'm thinking if Miller didn't have some competition in the market place they would probably raise the price of the Dynasty line 3 times or more than it already is... I for one am glad not everyone is beating a path over to the nearest Miller outlet to buy up a Dynasty...... Owning my Dynasty gives me an edge over most anyone that don't own one when it comes to welding Aluminum.... And besides I don't have the time or energy left at the end of the day to put into hating much of anything other than my own personal list of people that have done me wrong in life or business...that takes about all the hate time I have to give... Oh yea I also have a little time in the day to hate the way our government is destroying our country and spitting in the eye of every American that has ever gave their life defending our shores !!

Most everyone here owns a Dynasty and thinks it's the best machine made hands down just as I do so why waste time caring about the other stuff? I think I'm going to head out to the shop and weld up something so I can go to bed with a smile on my face !!!! Nothing makes a man feel better than welding some beautiful Aluminum beads !!!! It's almost too easy with the Dynasty though !! LOL

Comment

Check out this thread

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=95201

I don't know if this was covered or not.

I think there should be better quality control. Perhaps the American distributors should test each machine prior to shipping. Fixing the minor bugs would make them more competitive, even if they cost a few bucks more.

I like Miller machines, but I did have a TA185 during my climb up to a Dynasty 200DX. At the risk of being criticized, I would say that the machine was every bit as good as my Dynasty for a hobbyist as myself. The machine had zero problems though, zero. All of the accessories for the machine were of excellent quality.

Comment

You know I've learned in my 48 years walking this earth that I really know very little in the grand scheme of life. I've learned that I control very little and I own NOTHING except my own life. Everything any of us have can be taken away in the blink of an eye, and on many occasions in all our lives we are closer to that happening than we realize. Many times if one little thing had of went the opposite direction than it did our whole future would have been forever altered in ways that most of us wouldn't like.. This has taught me to be grateful for all I have today because tomorrow it could very well be gone and there would be nothing I could do to stop it... Tomorrow I could find myself lucky to own an Everlast machine and just retaining the ability to make welds and feed my family... Judging other people because they don't have the same equipment as you, or they aren't as well off money wise as you is a very wrong thing to do and I refuse to do that... My daddy told me long ago to never stand above a man that's wading hip deep in sh*t and laugh at him............. Because he'll most probably grab you by the feet and drag you down in that pit with him!!! It's always a much better plan to do the best you can to aid his escape from that pit and earn a friend for life because he'll NOT forget who helped him when he was down.... I know there's exceptions to this rule and I myself have helped some that came back to stab me in the back but that won't cause me to change and not help the next guy.. I'm sure that many of these guys that own Chinese machines will one day own a Miller or perhaps something else beside Chinese, but at the rate our government is going it's more likely that the Chinese people will end up OWNING ------------------------> US ALL !!!!!!!!! Thats what everyone had better focus on ........... It's not the imported goods from there that's going to sink us it's the Trillions of dollars our government owes them that we can't pay back because of the GREED of corporate American to make as much profit as possible so they moved all our jobs over seas so they could use child labor and not worry about polluting the planet in the process.................... WAKE UP that's what you best be focused on!! Your hatred is directed in the complete wrong direction and at the wrong people..

Comment

Gunner
                      ..............calm down..!!!........ Geez!!!...

the strangest post was from fdcmiami... who in the past has claimed to be a happy "neverlast".. owner.... otherwise I did not see hate filled content....
                      This IS a Miller site... so one would expect some pretty strong brand loyalty....
                      Chill.........
                      Last edited by H80N; 03-31-2012, 02:33 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

Could it just be that you just get a charge out of being inflamatory??. ....

This was in response to a very inflamatory post by fdcmiami that has since then been edited out and disapeared... in what appeared to be an attempt to steer the conversation to politics and away from the quality and reliability issues at hand....very clever..
                        Last edited by H80N; 04-01-2012, 09:00 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

i am very happy with my everlast 250 ex. end of story.

i have no beef with the chinese, i was an antiwar activist.

however i can definitely understand why, if someone served during that war they might have a big problem with the chinese. nothing strange with that.

personally i think the bigger problem was and still is the leadership in this country.

thanks for listening.

now i have to take my long time, asian born, now naturalized citizen, republican voting, very educated and very well paid IT professional girlfriend out to get something to eat.

that's it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                            Gunner
                            ..............calm down..!!!........ Geez!!!...

Dude GUNNER is a long ways from EXCITED !!( however I do get very pissed every time I think about the way our government has sold MY.... OUR country to anyone willing to write them a check!! ) It's OUR'S NOT THERE'S TO SELL !! Please restrain yourself from making post that insinuate that I'm worked up..... Every post I have made has been geared toward calming down the rest of the posters that got worked up enough to even bring ( Nom ) into the thread.. Buying anything Chinese is anti American etc..... If our President can drag his *** on his belly over there begging for a crumb I really can't see where owning a welder from there a big deal.. I really can't understand calling people stupid or Anti American because they own an Everlast unit... It's really not worth arguing over..
                            Last edited by Gunner12R; 03-31-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner12R View Post
                              Dude GUNNER is a long ways from EXCITED !!( however I do get very pissed every time I think about the way our government has sold MY.... OUR country to anyone willing to write them a check!! ) It's OUR'S NOT THERE'S TO SELL !! Please restrain yourself from making post that insinuate that I'm worked up..... Every post I have made has been geared toward calming down the rest of the posters that got worked up enough to even bring ( Nom ) into the thread.. Buying anything Chinese is anti American etc..... If our President can drag his *** on his belly over there begging for a crumb I really can't see where owning a welder from there a big deal.. I really can't understand calling people stupid or Anti American because they own an Everlast unit... It's really not worth arguing over..
                              Gunner
                              you seem to be the one most focused on political issues.....

That is not what this thread has been about............Let's Not Get Sidetracked...

my concern would be on marginal quality and service/support problems... that seem to be very common with chinese import welders..
                              All of the ones that I have been exposed to were because the owners had issues with them and needed help...... I sure was not impressed with what I saw...
                              Most other posters on this thread were likewise dealing with possible equipment problems and shortfalls of chinese equipment..... Not any political stuff..........

It Is About Quality Issues!!!....

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by fdcmiami View Post

now i have to take my long time, asian born, now naturalized citizen, republican voting, very educated and very well paid IT professional girlfriend out to get something to eat.
                                Nice...Have a great night...Bob
                                Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X