This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OLD SKULL View Post

Here in Canada there is no Harbor freight but we have a place named "Canadian tire" were we get our cheap tools from!
    Don't forget about Princess Auto.......My father in law loves that place !! LOL.... My lovely wife is Canadian and I've spent just a little time up there... I opened up a custom Street Rod company up there back in 2007 over in Vancouver, BC... I put Miller welding equipment in there because the person paying the bills gave me free choice to buy anything I wanted in the shop.. When money isn't an issue I picked Miller then as well....

Here's a link.... Notice the Miller equipment all over the shop... All my doing.... At that time I was still very hooked on my Syncrowave and picked that over the Dynasty---------------------> Then I thought it was the best, TODAY I'm certain that I did mess up by not picking the Dynasty machine for them... Live and learn!!
    http://www.radicalrides.ca/main/

Oh yea I really like Canadian Tire !!! I can spend days in there !!! LOL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TIG Welding.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	512601

Comment

I have been a long time Miller customer, I have purchased 15 welders over the years for my two company's. During that time only one welder went down, a what I call a second generation syncrowave (the first to have digital gauges), the Amphenol plug lost the 10 volts to the foot control. The replacement plug had the pins soldered and everything was good.

I have great respect for Miller and the products they produce, I especially like the Dynasty 350.

Two years ago I tested a friends Everlast 250EX, I liked it so I got one. I has been going strong for two years with not one glitch. I can not believe hardly anything that has been said in this thread, if it was true, there would be a minimum of 1000 people screaming bloody murder including myself. I read a lot of reviews on all welders and have not found anything bad about Everlast.

Comment

Originally posted by srp View Post
          I have been a long time Miller customer, I have purchased 15 welders over the years for my two company's. During that time only one welder went down, a what I call a second generation syncrowave (the first to have digital gauges), the Amphenol plug lost the 10 volts to the foot control. The replacement plug had the pins soldered and everything was good.

I have great respect for Miller and the products they produce, I especially like the Dynasty 350.

Two years ago I tested a friends Everlast 250EX, I liked it so I got one. I has been going strong for two years with not one glitch. I can not believe hardly anything that has been said in this thread, if it was true, there would be a minimum of 1000 people screaming bloody murder including myself. I read a lot of reviews on all welders and have not found anything bad about Everlast.
          Believe what you want. You need to read reviews outside of welding web.
          BTW, this is your first post and you're defending neverlast?????

Here is a post from a troll asking for schematic digram on a Miller board:
          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...2-Everlast-Tig
          Millermatic Passport Plus
          Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
          XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
          Dynasty 300 DX
          Thermal Arc 400 MST
          Victor O/A
          Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Comment

Originally posted by crawler View Post
            Believe what you want. You need to read reviews outside of welding web.
            BTW, this is your first post and you're defending neverlast?????

Here is a post from a troll asking for schematic digram on a Miller board:
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...2-Everlast-Tig
            If the goal here is to protect Miller's market share, would it not be better to keep things on a professional level and state the facts where Miller is better to sway would be buyers? The name calling and dog piling on from people that do not a own a Everlast or can truly give any type of real evaluation looks bad to me and could backfire big time.

I know nobody here wants to see Miller bashed, this type of thread just fuels it to happen somewhere else. What if several people took offense to this thread, bought Miller welders and posted a bunch of videos on Youtube saying bad things about Miller?

Comment

I read a lot of reviews on all welders and have not found anything bad about Everlast.
              You lost all credibility from me on that last statement.
              Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
              3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
              Miller Dynasty200DX
              ThermalArc 400 GTSW
              MillerMatic350P
              MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
              MKCobraMig260
              Lincoln SP-170T
              Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
              Hypertherm 1250
              Hypertherm 800
              PlasmaCam CNC cutter
              Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
              SiberHegner CNC Mill
              2 ea. Bridgeport
              LeBlond 15" Lathe
              Haberle 18" Cold Saw
              Doringer 14" Cold Saw
              6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

Threats??

I know nobody here wants to see Miller bashed, this type of thread just fuels it to happen somewhere else. What if several people took offense to this thread, bought Miller welders and posted a bunch of videos on Youtube saying bad things about Miller?
                Veiled threats of retaliation sure make a person question your motives and affiliation..... posting false complaints on YouTube would certainly be a juvenile form of attempted bullying.... and would cloud the reputation and business practices of the offshore brand... kind of puts a creepy shifty tone to it... Baseless complaints and smears will be seen for the back alley tactics that they are..

I for one bought my Miller welders based on decades of excellent experience with them.... and am now encouraged to stay even further from a Brand-X machine... even as a backup...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
                  You lost all credibility from me on that last statement.
                  I just call it like I see it, maybe you can tell me where all the unhappy owners are and where the pile of unusable, unrepairable welders are? I will happily check it out and verify your credibility.

Comment

srp,

Frankly, I'm calling BS to your entire post.

You come on a Miller site and try to blow smoke up everyone's skirt about a POS Chinese import.

In your initial post, you claim to have purchased 15 Miller welders for two different businesses. However, in your profile you show one (1) Miller Syncrowave and two Everlast machines (Tig and Plasma).

You won't find all the negative posts because the importers are experts at censorship. We've all watched it over the last 4 years.

You miraculously appear on this site as the "truthsayer" but yet you bring NO creditability. No one here knows you, but we're all supposed to just "take your word".

I say GTFOH and go drink the green kool-aid. You seem to fit right in with the other Chinese import owners. You know the ones who don't know jack sh1t about what makes a quality machine.
                    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200 DX
                    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                    Hobart HH187
                    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                    More grinders than hands

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                      srp,

Frankly, I'm calling BS to your entire post.

You come on a Miller site and try to blow smoke up everyone's skirt about a POS Chinese import.

In your initial post, you claim to have purchased 15 Miller welders for two different businesses. However, in your profile you show one (1) Miller Syncrowave and two Everlast machines (Tig and Plasma).

You won't find all the negative posts because the importers are experts at censorship. We've all watched it over the last 4 years.

You miraculously appear on this site as the "truthsayer" but yet you bring NO creditability. No one here knows you, but we're all supposed to just "take your word".

I say GTFOH and go drink the green kool-aid. You seem to fit right in with the other Chinese import owners. You know the ones who don't know jack sh1t about what makes a quality machine.
                      Temper temper temper, I will not go along to get along.

Is Everlast getting under your skin or what? You should not allow a thread to be called Chinese welders, if you don't want to talk about them and hear the truth. It seems you do not want to talk about them but only bash them.

Why are you even on this thread? If you do not have one how can you say their bad and have any creditability? I on the other hand can say they are good welders and know what I am talking about.

If it bothers you that someone thinks Miller is a good welder and Everlast is a good welder. Your just going to have to get over it.

Comment

No A-Hole,

Neverlast is NOT getting under my skin.

The dumb azz wanna be welders who don't know jack sh1t, but are selling out the USA, ARE.

Take your Chinese crap and go play in the "kiddie room". They may be more inclined to listen to your babbling.
                        Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200 DX
                        Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                        Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                        Hobart HH187
                        Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                        Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                        Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                        PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                        Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                        Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                        More grinders than hands

Comment

Guys I hate that I ever posted in this thread because I feel responsible for a lot of the Everlast bashing. I never post up to start a fight about things. I post to pass along information for other to learn from my experience or mistakes whatever the situation happens to be. We all make mistakes in life and business and if we're smart we learn from them and move on. If we are decent humans we do our best to help our brother man and pass along what we learn as we pass through life. The reality here is these are just welders and not life or death situations. I have said many times I love my Miller products but like many others feel the price could be a little better but it's not and that's where it's everyone's personal choice to either pay the price or select something else. I hate that Everlast is know all over the internet as Oleg because that makes things personal and not as much just business. Many companies do business in ways that I wish were different but they are just blind companies and not attached to a single person's name. That keeps things less like a personal attack. I can't stand a witch hunt or ganging up on a single person no matter what the situation which is one reason why I won't attack Everlast. Another reason is they did what they advertised and no one can ask more of any company than that. He thinks he has a machine that's top quality and believe in that so much that he puts him money where his mouth is by offering a money back promise to anyone that tries his equipment. I did that and I wasn't 100% satisfied and I got EVERY DIME back !! So doing business with me cost Oleg 600 in shipping in both directions and a machine that's now used and has to be reduced in price to sell... Can someone please explain how that's anything other than honorable? If every company I have ever spent money with was like that I would da*n sure have a lot more money in the bank and so would everyone else here... No one forces anyone to buy anything it's all about freedom of choice in America. The least of our worried in America is Oleg and Everlast as far as our failing economy is concerned. I simply can't understand why there's so much personal hate for a person just trying to make a living like everyone else. There's nothing he can do that will change anyone's mind here about their personal choice for a welding machine so why get so angry about the situation. Some people simply can't afford a Miller Dynasty ...in fact most people can't afford a 10K welding machine.. I can't afford a ZR1 Corvette but I want one and maybe one day yet I'll have one but until that day I'll drive something lesser and be happy that I'm not walking. It's really all the same thing when you think about it.. In life there's the best of whatever and there's the rest ... A few select people are either able to afford the best or willing to spend the money on it even though they surely can afford it... And some people are willing to pay the price and they have the best.... I happen to own what I think is the best TIG welder made in the Dynasty 350, but that's about the only thing I own that's considered the best besides my apple phone.. everything else I have is somewhere between the best and the worst made because that's the best I can personally do. If I could afford the best of everything I'm still not sure I would be willing to pay the price for the best of everything... This topic is the exact same thing..... There's the best which most here have and there's the rest.... I don't think I'm personally any better of a man because my welder is the best. I don't think I'm any smarter than someone else because of that, I don't think I make all the right decisions in life because I own a Dynasty welder, I do feel however that I'm the same as Oleg and that means I put my pants on one leg at a time and I work for a living.. Everything else is a matter of choice... I think we can all agree on that ..... honestly

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                            No A-Hole,

Neverlast is NOT getting under my skin.

The dumb azz wanna be welders who don't know jack sh1t, but are selling out the USA, ARE.

Take your Chinese crap and go play in the "kiddie room". They may be more inclined to listen to your babbling.
                            That's what I wanted to hear you say, it has absolutely nothing to do with quality or dependability. You hate China, why didn't you just say it to began with?

I don't think much of someone that will hide behind there computer and run off at the mouth, You have no class what so ever.

Comment

That's what I wanted to hear you say, it has absolutely nothing to do with quality or dependability. You hate China, why didn't you just say it to began with?

I don't think much of someone that will hide behind there computer and run off at the mouth, You have no class what so ever.
                              So...You enjoy inciting discord and pushing peoples buttons...
                              not terribly constructive...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

friend, there are plenty of us still out there that will not forget the war in vietnam.

sunny is one of them and so am i. the chinese were active in the war, they supplied support, engineering, weapons and manpower to the cong and nva. without the help of the chinese we would probably be looking at a situation similar to the two koreas.

but worse than that is the fact that richard nixon and henry kissinger were busy preparing to sell out the us and the south vietnamese by recognizing china. after the 1968 republican convention when nixon grabbed the nomination he announced he had a 'secret plan' to end the war in vietnam. personally i have often felt that representatives of the mainland chinese government had contacted him around that time, possibly offering him a way to achieve 'peace with honor' if the US would recognize the gov led by mao tse tung.

take a look at the timeline; draw down of troops in vietnam, kissingers preliminary trips to china, more than coincidence.

in the end the chinese got it all. nixon went to china (big efn hero), they got the recognition they were looking for. formosa/gone. south vietnamese forces/screwed,
                                south vietnamese people/screwed, american fighting forces betrayed by their own government.

one day it was saigon and the next ho chi minh city.

they beat us and some people have never got past it.
                                what a waste of life. for absolutely nothing. they
                                Last edited by fdcmiami; 03-29-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X