Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't one of our "computer geeks" cut and paste this over on TOS? The "other manufacturers" site would seem to be appropriate.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Comment

All i can say is well written Gunner...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
        Can't one of our "computer geeks" cut and paste this over on TOS? The "other manufacturers" site would seem to be appropriate.
        What site do you want it on? (link please and permission)
        MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
        Just For Home Projects.

Comment

Doughboy,

WW is what I had in mind.

Got to post it in the "other manufacturers" section because if you post it in one of the "paid" sponsors sections, I guarantee it will go off into never never land. They can't delete threads not posted in their sections.

I get bashed by the manufacturers (and of course our good friend Luggy-who Gunner met) because I DON'T OWN ONE and shouldn't comment. Heck, from what I've seen from them (and their junk machines) over the last 4+ years, you couldn't pay me to have one in my shop. (Been offered free machines from both Neverlast and Nolongivity)

I pay good money for Miller machines, but at least, when I flip the switch, I'm pretty sure it's going to do what it's supposed to do.
          Dynasty 200 DX
          Hobart HH187
          Dialarc 250 AC/DC
          Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
          Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
          More grinders than hands

Comment

I pay good money for Miller machines, but at least, when I flip the switch, I'm pretty sure it's going to do what it's supposed to do.
            HAHA!! Now that is the voice of experience! I love it

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300
            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Doughboy,

WW is what I had in mind.

Got to post it in the "other manufacturers" section because if you post it in one of the "paid" sponsors sections, I guarantee it will go off into never never land. They can't delete threads not posted in their sections.
              Well, it made it....................to Neverland.
              Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
              3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
              Miller Dynasty200DX
              ThermalArc 400 GTSW
              MillerMatic350P
              MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
              MKCobraMig260
              Lincoln SP-170T
              Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
              Hypertherm 1250
              Hypertherm 800
              PlasmaCam CNC cutter
              Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
              SiberHegner CNC Mill
              2 ea. Bridgeport
              LeBlond 15" Lathe
              Haberle 18" Cold Saw
              Doringer 14" Cold Saw
              6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

I posted a link to this thread (Gunners post specifically) in their forum. It probably will not last long.

jrw159
                ASW CWI / ASNT ACCP II / CWB Welding Inspector / CWB Welding Supervisor / PT Level II / MT Level II

Comment

Find a Chinese welding website and just ask them ! I'm sure they have one

Just like this HIGH QUALITY MILLER SITE. All the REAL MANUFACTURES have

their own sites.

Comment

WOW ! My earlier post got me several emails and phone calls from the owner of Everlast...

For anyone that don't know anything about Everlast it's owned by a man named Oleg. Oleg is a good guy that works his tail off trying to build a company that sells affordable welding machines to a market that don't require or demand the best. This isn't to say he's not trying to always improve his equipment through staying in contact with his over seas manufactures. I respect Oleg for the hard work he puts into running his company. Being a small business owner myself I fully understand what it takes to survive in the market place and still make a profit. I don't have to say that it's a not easy and it gets more difficult everyday. I have found my customers want and are willing to pay for top quality parts and the ones that aren't willing to pay for top quality can always find someone that offers a comparable product to mine at a lower price that fits what they are willing to spend. Not everyone demands the best and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

This is where Everlast excels. There's a market filled with people that either can't afford the best welding machine or feel they don't require the best welding machine made. Either way it's their right to choose a machine that's priced cheaper than the best the same as it's our choice to purchase what I feel is the best TIG machine made.... The Dynasty!!!

Now with that said I'm not saying Oleg's Everlast unit is complete junk because it's not. As I posted before the machine I had was his latest and supposedly best TIG machine to date. The EXT250! The machine had several problems that kept it from being a usable product in my shop. I require instant and constant control over the puddle as I weld a lot of Aluminum Sheet Metal Oil Pans and associated parts for the race car industry. Weld appearance is just as important as quality and in some instances the customer cares only about the s*x appeal of the weld! So working under these conditions requires the best quality equipment made. That's a lesson I learned long ago but from time to time I need reminded I have to admit. To a hobby welder or someone that don't work under the demands I do the machine I had of Everlast would have still done the job even with the issues it had. If the problems it has are ever corrected I will go on record here and say it will be a da*n fine welding machine at a very affordable price. Even though this is a Miller forum and my post probably won't be very popular that's the strait truth.. Nothing I posted today goes against my post made a few days ago and Oleg still has an internal personnel problem that will kill his company sooner or later if he don't handle this person now. Having a company representative that is condescending to the customers when they clearly have far more experience welding than he does or ever will and lying to both the customers and the boss in an attempt to cover up the fact that he failed to properly test out a new machine before it was put into production when he had the pre-production unit over a year ago to test and trouble shoot and gave the OK on production! It don't take many failures like that before a lot of hard work to build a company reputation is destroyed and I've tried many times to make this a known fact to Oleg because as a person I actually like the guy. As a company owner controlling his troops well let's just say I've seen tougher managers at Chucky Cheeze !!

The Dynasty is still hands down the best welder I've ever had the pleasure of running in the 30 years since I started into the welding craft. Even at the price point which is what drove me to try another brand in the first place...even at the price it's worth every penny!!! Many times I regret spending money on things after the fact but the Dynasty isn't one of those times by a long shot!! I did beat my Miller salesman up quite a bit on it though... Doing business with the same guy for 20 plus years helps out sometimes..

The world is an ever changing place and it's hard to buy much of anything that's 100% made in America even if the company claims it to be.. Even a Harley has many parts made other places than America. I don't automatically assume something made in China is junk because they are really stepping up their game in recent years. In this particular case they still require a little more catching up but that's not a bad thing...... It keeps Miller on their toes improving their equipment and the winner is the guy like myself that puts meat on the table using a welding machine. After 30 years doing this craft I still learn new methods to improve nearly every day. I've never made the perfect weld because I don't think it exist. Everything has room to improve if you look hard enough. I hope this post helps to present both sides of the situation that I was involved with in a fair light.

Did I mention I love my Dynasty?
                    Last edited by Gunner12R; 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner12R View Post
                      Did I mention I love my Dynasty?
                      Many, many, many, many timessssss! I think you may get it engraved on your tombstone! I made a disclaimer for Neverlast feel free to use it or add your own message...

Comment

... Heck, from what I've seen from them (and their junk machines) over the last 4+ years, you couldn't pay me to have one in my shop. (Been offered free machines from both Neverlast and Nolongivity)

You and me both SD.

I'll never respect either company even if they did sell a decent machine due to the their poor business ethics and deceitful marketing.
                        The only stupid question is the one that never got asked.

Comment

Originally posted by ZTFab View Post
                          You and me both SD.

I'll never respect either company even if they did sell a decent machine due to the their poor business ethics and deceitful marketing.
                          Just exactly what did you expect from a country that produced pet foods that killed our dogs and cats? They even killed their own babies with melamine tainted milk.

I'll never buy any of their products. SHAME on china
                          Millermatic Passport Plus
                          Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
                          XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
                          Dynasty 300 DX
                          Thermal Arc 400 MST
                          Victor O/A
                          Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Comment

The newbies to the forum didn't see/don't remember the initial advertising both companies employed.

Didn't target the hobbiest. Rather they tried to make people think "they were just as good as Miller/Lincoln?ESAB/etc. BUT COST 1/3 AS MUCH."

That was my ***** from jump street.

We won't even talk about the censorship that goes on even to this day. Tigers don't change their stripes.

Their only "saving grace" is the fact that the majority of their owners couldn't tell the difference in a quality machine and a piece of junk if their life depended on it.

To this day they brag about their "improved quality control", but yet they put 30 defective machines in the hands of users. Some QC.
                            Dynasty 200 DX
                            Hobart HH187
                            Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                            Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                            Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                            More grinders than hands

Comment

The newbies to the forum didn't see/don't remember the initial advertising both companies employed.

Didn't target the hobbiest. Rather they tried to make people think "they were just as good as Miller/Lincoln?ESAB/etc. BUT COST 1/3 AS MUCH."

That was my ***** from jump street.

We won't even talk about the censorship that goes on even to this day. Tigers don't change their stripes.

Their only "saving grace" is the fact that the majority of their owners couldn't tell the difference in a quality machine and a piece of junk if their life depended on it.

To this day they brag about their "improved quality control", but yet they put 30 defective machines in the hands of users. Some QC.
                              No, I haven't ever see those ads. I would like to see them if anyone knows if they are still around somewhere. I was told many times " We aren't Miller and we don't claim to be."

One thing I always found funny was every time I would say anything about my Dynasty machine on that site there would be several haters that would always spew crap about there's a lot better machines than Miller in Europe! The machines they have over in Europe are so far ahead of Miller and advanced beyond anything Miller can dream of that people over there laugh at Miller if they have even heard of Miller in the first place. I find that hard to believe, but anything is possible I guess. I don't know how much more a machine can offer beyond what the Dynasty can do. It would just about have to do all the work for you while you nap in the truck do be better than the Dynasty!

I don't know anything about China other than they are causing havoc on the global economy as they are becoming more modern. I know they have NO RESPECT for patents that other companies hold on items. I know that Google had to stop offering them service for a time due to them hacking into the system. I know they don't practice the same business ethics as the majority of everyone else in the world does. I know our government has just about sold the United States to them a piece at a time. I know they spit in Obam's face and sent his *** home when he went asking for money. I know that their country is BOOMING while America is sinking under water with very little hope to stop until everyone is doomed! I know that Everlast is a very small part in any of this. Everlast being here or not being here will have no effect on the big picture. I don't hold a grudge against Oleg for selling a product that's not made here. If American's boycotted every business that sells products or products with parts made in China about 95% of the business district across the country would shut down over night. The sell outs aren't the people that Buy an Everlast or any other product. It's the people in Washington to got their pockets lined with gold by lobbyist to pass laws that allowed the sell out of our country in the first place. Like blaming a Union employee's wages for causing rising cost while the CEO's of the same company are taking home a 40 or 50 Million Dollar bonus a couple of times a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take away from the worker and line the CEO's pocket!! This is why China is taking over !!! Most people I know can NO LONGER AFFORD TO BUY -------------> Made in America even if they can find it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner12R View Post
                                No, I haven't ever see those ads. I would like to see them if anyone knows if they are still around somewhere. I was told many times " We aren't Miller and we don't claim to be."
                                Well they do not specifically say Miller/Lincoln any more thanks to the quick work of their editing department, but the wording they use clearly implies it. Look at their website and you will see statements like these which I have cut and pasted directly from the website.

"EVERLAST Welding Products sets new standards of excellence in the welding industry. By offering one of the most convenient and reliable welder and plasma cutter lines, EVERLAST earns the praise of customers and competitors alike."

"While the majority of competing products are just generic or inferior versions of better quality items, EVERLAST has exceptional standards governing research and development. Thanks to real world testing and improved manufacturing standards, every customer who purchases a new EVERLAST welder or plasma cutter receives the best value available in the welding industry."

You have seen first hand how their "exceptional standards governing research and development" work.

"EVERLAST now provides products for some of the top companies in the manufacturing and fabrication industries."

I would like to know what "Top Companies".

"As always, EVERLAST offers a high quality product and the best customer service."

Not from what I see.

This is just a quick look at it. They try to put themselves up there with the Top Dogs of the industry when in reality all they are is a cheap hobby welder POS.

Have a look at this thread where they say lots of Pro's use their machines.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=64165

And here, where they try to make an issue with their machine look like it is the customers fault.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=87121

And then the fix the customer had to come up with to keep the machine running right for any period of time.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=89351

Please note that these threads have been heavily edited!!!

Now from the start I have said that they have a right to do business, but we also have the right to know the truth and we have the right to expose them for the con artists that they are and NOT buy there POS toy welding machines.

You will NEVER see the whole truth due to them editing out bad reviews, bribing unhappy customers with free merchandise, and in one case, making a customer write a good review in exchange for a warranty return.

The main thing they are improving is the way they pull the wool over the eyes of unsuspecting newbies to the welding world.

jrw159
                                Last edited by jrw159; 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM.
                                ASW CWI / ASNT ACCP II / CWB Welding Inspector / CWB Welding Supervisor / PT Level II / MT Level II

Comment

Working...
                                X