Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese Welders

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chinese Welders

    I know I will get bashed for asking on a Miller Site but has anyone had any experence w/t Everlast / Longevity welders or know anyone who has . I know miller is alot better but the price of these welders are priced good for someone just learning .

  • #2
    i own one of their inverters but for the life of me i can't figure why you would post your question here; knowing full well the reponse you will receive. so, i will just assume you are stupid; i expect you will be buying a welder soon and posting some equally stupid questions about operating it.

    i have to agree with previous poster's; this is a miller board specifically, there are plenty of others you can go to.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kent9683 View Post
      I know I will get bashed for asking on a Miller Site but has anyone had any experence w/t Everlast / Longevity welders or know anyone who has . I know miller is alot better but the price of these welders are priced good for someone just learning .
      Lots of previous threads on the subject... has been covered extensively... do some research and read those..... no need to rehash it...
      but the short answer is.. you get what you pay for....
      Last edited by H80N; 03-16-2012, 09:02 AM.
      .

      *******************************************
      The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

      “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

      Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

      My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

      TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes it wasnt very smart to post on a miller site , and no Im not lookig at buying , I have an old Econo tig that I probly will be bashed about also but only use it about mabe 5 times a year . My freinds sons who is still in highschool asked me to check there web site , he was interested in a small dc machine to learn on and the price was in his range . Miller is the only site I'm a member of So thats why I ask .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kent9683 View Post
          Yes it wasnt very smart to post on a miller site , and no Im not lookig at buying , I have an old Econo tig that I probly will be bashed about also but only use it about mabe 5 times a year . My freinds sons who is still in highschool asked me to check there web site , he was interested in a small dc machine to learn on and the price was in his range . Miller is the only site I'm a member of So thats why I ask .
          Kent
          ignore the bashing... some people are just not happy unless there is a fight going on... their loss...
          as said the subject has been extensively covered and the threads are worth reading.... there are a lot of facets to that discussion that you may not have considered.. pretty informative... also look at the Eastwood thread...
          And.....
          sure there is Miller brand loyalty here.. would you expect different?? they build an excellent product... as is witnessed by how many of us are willing to pay the premium for it...
          happy reading...
          .

          *******************************************
          The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

          “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

          Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

          My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

          TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

          Comment


          • #6
            The only reason I'd buy a Chinese welder (Neverlast or Nolongivity) was if I was planning to burn down my shop and claim the insurance.
            Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200 DX
            Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
            Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
            Hobart HH187
            Dialarc 250 AC/DC
            Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
            Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
            PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
            Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
            Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
            More grinders than hands

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
              The only reason I'd buy a Chinese welder (Neverlast or Nolongivity) was if I was planning to burn down my shop and claim the insurance.
              Now, that's funny
              Nick
              Miller 252 Mig
              Miller Cricket XL
              Millermatic 150 Mig
              Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
              2-O/A outfits
              Jet Lathe and Mill
              Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
              DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
              Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
              20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
              Propane Forge
              60" X 60" router/plasma table

              www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
              Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
              and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi, here's some info from another site.

                http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...erlast+welders


                Everlast PowerARC 200 or Longevity StickWeld 250

                Comment


                • #9
                  Eastwood,fastway and others buy them in korea on alibaba.com and smack there sticker on them...miller is american and a **** GOOD company!...keep it in the country guys!
                  sigpic
                  "OUR ONLY LIMITATION IS YOUR MIND"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kent9683 View Post
                    Yes it wasnt very smart to post on a miller site , and no Im not lookig at buying , I have an old Econo tig that I probly will be bashed about also but only use it about mabe 5 times a year . My freinds sons who is still in highschool asked me to check there web site , he was interested in a small dc machine to learn on and the price was in his range . Miller is the only site I'm a member of So thats why I ask .
                    I would only recommend name brands: Miller, Lincoln, Hobart, ESAB

                    UNLESS I had first hand experience with a questionable machine

                    because when that Chinese cheap/low cost machine takes a dump yer friend will be looking at you

                    "Why'd you tell me to buy this piece of Krap?"
                    Ed Conley
                    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                    MM252
                    MM211
                    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                    TA185
                    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                    O/A set
                    SO 2020 Bender
                    You can call me Bacchus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      buy a name brand ONCE, or keep replacing the imports, which makes more sense, it takes as many years to become a decent welder as it does to become a doctor, why slow the process down with crappy tools.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Chinese Welders

                        Kent
                        My opinion is it is better to get a good used tool than a junk new tool. If you get a tool that dose everything it's not going to do the individual job as well as the tool made for that job.
                        Kevin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hang on to your hat guys...

                          Everlast...... Owned one for about 30 days and shipped it back.. The machine I owned was their new top of the line EXT250 TIG machine... They are doing their best to copy the Dynasty and on some points they did OK.. The Arc is silky smooth but the machine was loaded with issues.. Of the supposed 30 units that were sold from this first batch they all have issues.. The saving grace for this Kat is most of his customers are hobby welders and don't know much past it's a welding machine. There was me and one other guy that were actually welders with 30 years experience and we both raised total **** about the issues from day one until I finally shipped it back.. When I purchased the thing I wanted a Dynasty but hated the thought of what it cost.. 30 days later I remembered an old lesson---------------------------> You get what you pay for!! The company owner is an alright guy but his tech staff consist of mainly one guy that works out of his home in Georgia and is about a prick that couldn't wipe his *** without getting poop on his hand when it comes to welding.. He was personally put in charge of making sure the proto-type machine functioned correctly and much to my horror he never even hooked up a foot pedal to the **** thing and guess what....... The foot control didn't function for sheeet ! His answer for this issue was.......and I quote----> " Real welders don't use foot controls!! " What a complete idiot !! I guess all he knows about TIG is working on some construction site welding sch40 pipe where a foot control is rarely if ever used, but in a custom fab shop where sheet metal intakes, oil pans, Titanium Headers, etc are welded every day a foot pedal is 100% required unless you want to scrap a lot of expensive materials.. not to mention turning out top quality work requires a foot control..

                          The 30 day 100% money back deal is a bunch of BS!! You have to pay the return shipping which in my case was 300 bucks nearly.. On a machine that was faulty from day one.... Now 3 months later the poor bastids that still have these machines are still being promised a fix and best of all they actually have their customers adding parts to their own boards !!! How much better does it get? That's insane !!!! But, these guys that are customers over there are such geeks they just like feeling needed I guess!

                          Me? I bought a 350 Dynasty like I should have in the first place and love the thing !! It's a BEAST !! Noting it does is wrong! It will make a good welder a great welder and a great welder -----------------> A WELDING GOD!!! And let's not forget to mention these bunch of retards do nothing but bash Miller products which is laughable at best ! It's like some dork with a Yugo pulling along side a 2012 ZR1 Vette and telling his woman how he can blow that POS off the road ! These *** clowns have actually went so far as to say they wouldn't own a Dynasty !!! NO WELDER in his right mind would ever say that if they ever welded with one ! The machine I owned would drop into a High Freq starting cycle anytime the machine was lower than 30 amps!! It was impossible to adjust it to not do this... All they talk about over there is different wave shapes and every other feature a Dynasty has and turn strait around and claim Miller is JUNK !! All these issues have been blamed on the machine being a new model but I'm not buying into that BS! Nothing it has is new technology and as well all know the Chinese are the best reverse engineering race in the world ! I'm pretty sure there's a Dynasty sitting in their factory completely disassembled and reverse engineered and if not there's surly someone else's machine there! A new model machine don't excuse a foot control that was never tested prior to shipping these machines! That's just a lack of intelligence and nothing more! I still check their site often to see if they ever get the machine fixed but nothing yet but more broken promises and BS excuses !! I wouldn't recommend anyone buy that machine and the owner has offered me another one a absolute dead cost if I'll buy another and compare it to my Dynasty.. I simply don't have the time or desire to do something like that because I already know the results! NOTHING is even close to the Dynasty!! It owns the TIG market!!! Yea it's NOT cheap by a long shot but is anything in life that's really worth owning? If so I haven't found it yet!!!

                          I hope this helps shed some light on this subject! Is Everlast a good welder? or would it be more fair to say ...... Is everlast an affordable welder? Yes it's affordable and most anyone can afford one, BUT it's a **** site short of ever being in the league of a Dynasty! Did I mention that I love my Dynasty???
                          Last edited by Gunner12R; 03-20-2012, 01:44 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kevin View Post
                            buy a name brand ONCE, or keep replacing the imports, which makes more sense, it takes as many years to become a decent welder as it does to become a doctor, why slow the process down with crappy tools.
                            30 years later and I still learn new tricks almost every time I weld! It's still fun to me and anytime I start thinking I'm hot sheet I surf the net for a few minutes and realize there's always a welder out there somewhere that's better than I am and that fuels my desire to keep figuring out what he's doing different than I am so I can raise my own bar another notch and keep climbing !!

                            And you're 100% right........ Why slow down the process trying to figure out is it you or the machine that's not up to par? I know with the Dynasty if it's not perfect it's my fault !

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gunner12R View Post
                              Hang on to your hat guys...

                              Everlast...... Owned one for about 30 days and shipped it back.. The machine I owned was their new top of the line EXT250 TIG machine... They are doing their best to copy the Dynasty and on some points they did OK.. The Arc is silky smooth but the machine was loaded with issues.. Of the supposed 30 units that were sold from this first batch they all have issues.. The saving grace for this Kat is most of his customers are hobby welders and don't know much past it's a welding machine. There was me and one other guy that were actually welders with 30 years experience and we both raised total **** about the issues from day one until I finally shipped it back.. When I purchased the thing I wanted a Dynasty but hated the thought of what it cost.. 30 days later I remembered an old lesson---------------------------> You get what you pay for!! The company owner is an alright guy but his tech staff consist of mainly one guy that works out of his home in Georgia and is about a prick that couldn't wipe his *** without getting poop on his hand when it comes to welding.. He was personally put in charge of making sure the proto-type machine functioned correctly and much to my horror he never even hooked up a foot pedal to the **** thing and guess what....... The foot control didn't function for sheeet ! His answer for this issue was.......and I quote----> " Real welders don't use foot controls!! " What a complete idiot !! I guess all he knows about TIG is working on some construction site welding sch40 pipe where a foot control is rarely if ever used, but in a custom fab shop where sheet metal intakes, oil pans, Titanium Headers, etc are welded every day a foot pedal is 100% required unless you want to scrap a lot of expensive materials.. not to mention turning out top quality work requires a foot control..

                              The 30 day 100% money back deal is a bunch of BS!! You have to pay the return shipping which in my case was 300 bucks nearly.. On a machine that was faulty from day one.... Now 3 months later the poor bastids that still have these machines are still being promised a fix and best of all they actually have their customers adding parts to their own boards !!! How much better does it get? That's insane !!!! But, these guys that are customers over there are such geeks they just like feeling needed I guess!

                              Me? I bought a 350 Dynasty like I should have in the first place and love the thing !! It's a BEAST !! Noting it does is wrong! It will make a good welder a great welder and a great welder -----------------> A WELDING GOD!!! And let's not forget to mention these bunch of retards do nothing but bash Miller products which is laughable at best ! It's like some dork with a Yugo pulling along side a 2012 ZR1 Vette and telling his woman how he can blow that POS off the road ! These *** clowns have actually went so far as to say they wouldn't own a Dynasty !!! NO WELDER in his right mind would ever say that if they ever welded with one ! The machine I owned would drop into a High Freq starting cycle anytime the machine was lower than 30 amps!! It was impossible to adjust it to not do this... All they talk about over there is different wave shapes and every other feature a Dynasty has and turn strait around and claim Miller is JUNK !! All these issues have been blamed on the machine being a new model but I'm not buying into that BS! Nothing it has is new technology and as well all know the Chinese are the best reverse engineering race in the world ! I'm pretty sure there's a Dynasty sitting in their factory completely disassembled and reverse engineered and if not there's surly someone else's machine there! A new model machine don't excuse a foot control that was never tested prior to shipping these machines! That's just a lack of intelligence and nothing more! I still check their site often to see if they ever get the machine fixed but nothing yet but more broken promises and BS excuses !! I wouldn't recommend anyone buy that machine and the owner has offered me another one a absolute dead cost if I'll buy another and compare it to my Dynasty.. I simply don't have the time or desire to do something like that because I already know the results! NOTHING is even close to the Dynasty!! It owns the TIG market!!! Yea it's NOT cheap by a long shot but is anything in life that's really worth owning? If so I haven't found it yet!!!

                              I hope this helps shed some light on this subject! Is Everlast a good welder? or would it be more fair to say ...... Is everlast an affordable welder? Yes it's affordable and most anyone can afford one, BUT it's a **** site short of ever being in the league of a Dynasty! Did I mention that I love my Dynasty???
                              Dang.

                              I might print this off and frame it.
                              Nothing welded, Nothing gained

                              Miller Dynasty700DX
                              3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
                              Miller Dynasty200DX
                              ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                              MillerMatic350P
                              MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
                              MKCobraMig260
                              Lincoln SP-170T
                              Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                              Hypertherm 1250
                              Hypertherm 800
                              PlasmaCam CNC cutter
                              Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
                              SiberHegner CNC Mill
                              2 ea. Bridgeport
                              LeBlond 15" Lathe
                              Haberle 18" Cold Saw
                              Doringer 14" Cold Saw
                              6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X