Millermatic 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 35

I just got an old millermatic 35 . I know guys it is a old machine but she did good for about 2 inches and stopped. Pull trigger you can hear it activate but no wire. The wire feed motor is not turning. How can I trouble shoot this welder ? Did I waste my cash on it ?

Mm35

Originally posted by orangeboxxfab View Post
    I just got an old millermatic 35 . I know guys it is a old machine but she did good for about 2 inches and stopped. Pull trigger you can hear it activate but no wire. The wire feed motor is not turning. How can I trouble shoot this welder ? Did I waste my cash on it ?
    i had one that did the same thing and thought the wire feed motor was out and took it in to get repaired and they said all it needed was a new liner they said the one that was in there was too short and that fixed it . get ya a new liner before you take it in , it probably needs one anyways if it's been around for awhile. they are not expensive. and be sure your switch is good in your gun . as for wasting your cash if you get that thing working you will love it they are good old machines. is it a black or a white faced machine and what did you have to give for it ? good luck Chris

Comment

Flip the wire tension roller up so there's no pressure on the wire, then pull the trigger and see if the motor runs. Another problem may be the tension on the spool spindle may be too tight. A bad diode can cause the drive motor not to run either as it runs on DC current. I had that issue with mine, new diodes that weren't that expensive and up and running again. There's a lot of variables, with the information you've given it's hard to isolate the cause.
      Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
      Miller 340A/BP
      Victor O/A torches
      Lincoln SP125
      Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
      78 GS1000
      82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

Working...
      X