200 DX where to get best price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 DX where to get best price

I'm looking to get into a 200 DX to replace my Lincoln V-160 inverter. Where are the best deals. I'm looking to get one with a water cooler and foot control. I've found some on Ebay and I did some google searches, but I thought you may have some places that have the best deals.

Thanks

I would get a good price on the Internet, print it out and bring it to your local miller dealer, they may match it. It's nice to have someone local to help with any problems. I've found Cyberweld has good prices. Welders supply company has the best prices I've seen, $4400. For dynasty 200DX W/water cooler full runner package

Comment

Originally posted by go2building View Post
      I would get a good price on the Internet, print it out and bring it to your local miller dealer, they may match it. It's nice to have someone local to help with any problems. I've found Cyberweld has good prices. Welders supply company has the best prices I've seen, $4400. For dynasty 200DX W/water cooler full runner package
      Totally agree. Even if you have to pay a tad more at your LWS, they should give you great support if a problem arises.

My LWS is great at delivering free, setting up and demonstrating the machine before I sign for it. If there is a problem, they pick up, repair under warranty and redeliver without any cost to me.

You are going to pay shipping or tax, never pay both.
      Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
      3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
      Miller Dynasty200DX
      ThermalArc 400 GTSW
      MillerMatic350P
      MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
      MKCobraMig260
      Lincoln SP-170T
      Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
      Hypertherm 1250
      Hypertherm 800
      PlasmaCam CNC cutter
      Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
      SiberHegner CNC Mill
      2 ea. Bridgeport
      LeBlond 15" Lathe
      Haberle 18" Cold Saw
      Doringer 14" Cold Saw
      6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

Here, check this out for pricing. I bought a machine from them but in store.

http://www.weldersupply.com/products...s|Tig+Machines

Comment

Search the internet if your only concern is price.

I have bought from Cyberweld with good results after my LWS would not even try to compete (list price only). I have since switched to a farther LWS & they told me to give them a shot when I buy another machine.
          MM250
          Trailblazer 250g
          22a feeder
          Lincoln ac/dc 225
          Victor O/A
          MM200 black face
          Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
          Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
          Arco roto-phase model M
          Vectrax 7x12 band saw
          Miller spectrum 875
          30a spoolgun w/wc-24
          Syncrowave 250
          RCCS-14

Comment

Ditto on the LWS
            My local Airgas has beat the Internet on every machine I've bought for at least 15 years now
            If your local Airgas won't play ball I would call their bosses. They even advertise at Airgas they will beat any price. So they can if they want to and should anyways from the way I understand it.
            I also realize there are many on here whose luck hasn't been quite so good with them so YMMV.
            Bottom line here is at least let the local boys have a shot at it. Then if they are too stupid to not get you as a customer at least you tried.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300
            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. I got my MM252 from the airgas dealer and he beat all the internet prices for me. I asked for a quote on the 200DX and he's about $300 higher than the internet prices. I'm still debating on waiting to see the prices on the 280 before I pull the trigger. Any ideas on the price of the 280s or if the price of the 200s is going to come down?

My deployment is almost over and I have a significant chunk of change burning a hole in my pocket. I'd like to get something that I won't grow out of and that is a good value.

Comment

IDK will you need the extra 80 amps of power in a portable? I have the 200 and it's lacking power on thicker aluminum for me. I'd what and see price. If you don't need the portability and have the extra $$$ why not the 350?

Comment

I bought my 200DX from http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com. Cyberweld is essentially local for me, but sales tax would have added a couple of hundred dollars.

The LWS, here, is Airgas. They would have cost another couple of hundred more, plus sales tax. I read about how some of you have good luck with your Airgas dealers, but mine doesn't want to sell me anything. Most recently I tried to get 2% ceriated 3/32 tungsten from them. Their price was $90, and were a special order. I went to a GTS-Welco and got them for $30, because I was insufficiently patient to wait for a web order, and they had them on the shelf.

My Airgas is also about double the price of anywhere else for Argon.

Comment

Another thought here.... Instead of the water cooled package with the 200 dx, get the air cooled 280 when it comes out and build a water cooler. I'm guessing the price-point will be about the same that way.

Thoughts?

Comment

Indiana oxygen is where I bought my last 2 welders. Dynasty 200dx w/ water cooler and wireless foot control. GET the wireless pedal!!!! Worth the extra couple hundred bucks!

My lws couldn't touch ioc's price. Lws is good for consumables and cheaper than IOC for rod.

Comment

I couldn't beat Indianaoxygen.com price....
                        Miller 330 BPA - Sold
                        Miller 180SD Syncrowave - Sold
                        Miller Aircrafter 330ST - Sold
                        Miller 351 Syncrowave - Sold
                        Miller CP-300
                        Miller Maxstar 150 STL
                        Miller Dynasty 200 DX
                        Miller 135 Millermatic
                        Miller Spectrum 250D (Now running strong!)

Comment

Working...
                        X