xmt 300 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xmt 300 problem

I have had my XMT 300 since it was new and have used it in many process, both as a hobby and now I use it in a industrial position. as in used each and every day.
    Lately in the last 6 months. I will pull the trigger on mig and it will weld fine, then in the middle of a weld it will loose power. wire will come but no power. I will shut off
    the switch wait for a minute then turn it back on. some times it will work flawlessly
    and some times till the second or third weld. I have checked the ground cable and
    the whip. today I ark welded some aluminum and it shut down, so it is in the welder
    itself. I was wondering if it has contacts in it like my old Idelarc welder? Or
    something easy that I could fix. I would have to use the plants welder for about
    three to four weeks. wont say what kind but it is not a miller. lol. I am running it in 480 three fase. It is a XMT 300 cc/cv stock # 903277 serial KC238797 with auto
    link

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-02-24 10.23.19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	530591Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-02-24 10.23.47.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	530592

likely zero to do with the powersourse, probably a loose fitting in your control cable , failed gun trigger or perhaps a short from your gun trigger to the internal current carring conduit.
    Last edited by cruizer; 02-24-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

xmt 300

I drops power when ark-welding. nothing to do with mig.

Comment

Working...
      X