Looking for a cheep stick welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a cheep stick welder

Any one have a cheep stick welder for sale let me know. Just started a welding class. And am loving it. Only have class once a week so would like to get soothing I can practice with during the time I don't have class.

Thanks

What's your location ?

..........Norm
    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

before you guy new go checkout the pawshops sometimes they hae some good deals just bring a few rods with you so you can test it out before buying it.

Comment

Los Alamos New Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by tommy2069 View Post
          before you guy new go checkout the pawshops sometimes they hae some good deals just bring a few rods with you so you can test it out before buying it.
          I hit pawn shops all the time. I've yet found one with a circuit for a welder let alone have you weld in the store. Get a return option if it does not work and not store credit, Cash back.
          Nick
          Miller 252 Mig
          Miller Cricket XL
          Millermatic 150 Mig
          Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
          2-O/A outfits
          Jet Lathe and Mill
          Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
          DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
          Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
          20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
          Propane Forge
          60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
          Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
          and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

You can find good deals on craigslist

Comment

Cool thanks guys

Comment

there is one pawnshop down here that has the the power output to let you hook it up and if they don't they give you a 60 day return on it. this pawnshop also sells large generators that can easily run a welder and they are happy to let you fire them up what better way to test the welder and generator.

Comment

Different kind of pawn shop but first i think I would search and follow the "lists" for a few days and find something right for me at the right price. Who knows what goodies pop up with these deals, Have seen little DC buzzers for 200 and come with 75 ft of passable lead,,, ha. Lots of these are not "forced sales" have seen a lot where people just cleaning it out and want to rid of it for the cost of the trouble. Have seen cords and plugs, boxes of rod "thrown" in as while as you are here, most of the time I never fool with the price, I already called the guy,, I found paying the asking cost if its reasonable and what I want the sellers are often more than helpful. If I was starting out today thats the way I would fly, so much more used equipment available at low cost in todays world it would be well worth making a little hobby out of shopping for a few things.
                  Second like the man said, especially if you are student go and fill in a little forum info. The question is vague, profile yourself a little in the question, there must be a reason to want or need to learn to weld, etc. You got some tools or a place to work with 50 amp service, etc, your a farmer or landscaper, etc????

Comment

Working...
                  X