Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Dynasty 200 ac dc

Hi Guys

first off, I would like to interduce my self, I am Piero from the UK.
    A long time hobbie Mig welder, haveing restored a few cars in my time.

Second, PLEASE allow for my spelling, I was born Dyslexic, so please do your best to read any of my posts.

That out the way, I am looking at buying my first Tig set.
    have prity much set my sights om a Good second hand Dynasty AC DC, hopfully with little hours use ...

My question, has Miller ever done any changes to the Dynasty 200.
    like maybe???? the 2005 modle with the what ever!!!!!!!!!

Any help on this welder will be well recived

Kind regards
    Piero

Yes, the newer models are updated for better arc starting capabilities. The serial numbers of the new style Dynasty 200s are LJ280222L and later
    2- XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1- Blue star 185
    1- BOBCAT 250
    1- TRAILBLAZER 302
    1- MILLER DVI
    2- PASSPORT PLUS
    1- DYNASTY 200 DX
    1- DYNASTY 280 DX
    1- MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1- HF-251 BOX
    1- S-74D
    1- S-75DXA
    2- 12-RC SUITCASES
    1- 8-VS SUITCASE
    2- 30 A SPOOLGUNS

Comment

Is the DX to one to go for or are there others

many thanks

Comment

DX200 - Scarce to find used

Once I decided to get a DX200, I looked for several months on eBay and elsewhere to little avail. One came up and was bought within minutes of posting. I can only conclude that they are so well liked, few part with them.
        I like my new one!

Comment

I imagine there has to be a cheaper option in the UK for a Hobby Welder.
          Ed Conley
          http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
          MM252
          MM211
          Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
          TA185
          Miller 125c Plasma 120v
          O/A set
          SO 2020 Bender
          You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Urge

There are a couple of used ones on ebay right now. I've noticed they all go for a pretty high price even used. I just received a new one last Friday night and tried it out over the weekend and it's very nice to say the least. I still have my Syncrowave 180SD but may sell it to my brother when he is ready for it. I always wanted the 200DX but never could afford it before. Now it's more than a thousand dollars higher than when I first looked at it. Almost settled for a HTP 221 because of the price but I've wanted the 200DX for so long now I just had to make the jump. I'm just a hobby welder but I did manage to do enough side work to easily pay for the Syncrowave so I don't feel too bad about having to sell it and upgrade a bit. Good luck with your search. Of course you know my opinion, it's worth saving up and getting one.

Comment

I have had my 200 DX for about a year now, I love it. Just got done welding 8' of 4" X 3/8" aluminum plate on a pier slip. It did the job wish I had the 350 or the new 280.

Comment

miller dynasty 200 2005

I bought a used 2005 model dynasty 200 to start my own tig welding operation making maple syrup evaporaters. The high frequency quit working so I was no longer able to use the lift arc feature and was forced to use scratch start. Still works great but kind of frustrating. I guess that's what u get buying used though

Comment

Originally posted by sparkchaser2010 View Post
                  I bought a used 2005 model dynasty 200 to start my own tig welding operation making maple syrup evaporaters. The high frequency quit working so I was no longer able to use the lift arc feature and was forced to use scratch start. Still works great but kind of frustrating. I guess that's what u get buying used though
                  Seems dumb to use it when it should be repaired. You should get that thing fixed.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                  Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                  MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                  Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                  Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                  Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                  Miller WC-115-A
                  Miller Spectrum 300
                  Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                  Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
                  X