Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Welders

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • German Welders

    Interesting reading.

    http://www.ewm-sales.co.uk/index.php

    Look at the prices!

    -Ian
    :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

  • #2
    Seems like alot of coin for a now "made in China" machine

    Comment


    • #3
      they can keep it and sell it there!!! I prefere one of the big three L/M/H

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        Seems like alot of coin for a now "made in China" machine
        That's Euro coin (about $1.33 U.S today). Add the Value Added Tax of 20% and it gets pretty dang expensive!

        I am happy with my Lincoln (red), Hobart (white) and Millers (blue).

        Oh yea, the Thermal Arc, but it says made in china.

        -Ian
        :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

        Comment


        • #5
          EWM Welders

          Here in New Zealand we have had German made EWM machines for a while.
          Most of them are parked up in a corner as they are just too complicated to use.
          Here they are a lot cheaper than American machines,but still too expensive if you can't work out how to use them

          Comment


          • #6
            unfortunately lincoln is pretty chinese as well
            Originally posted by crabber View Post
            That's Euro coin (about $1.33 U.S today). Add the Value Added Tax of 20% and it gets pretty dang expensive!

            I am happy with my Lincoln (red), Hobart (white) and Millers (blue).

            Oh yea, the Thermal Arc, but it says made in china.

            -Ian

            Comment


            • #7
              "I am happy with my Lincoln (red), Hobart (white) and Millers (blue).

              Oh yea, the Thermal Arc, but it says made in china".

              -Ian
              Should have got a HYPERTHERM!!!!
              -Hypertherm is the largest plasma manufacturer....designs, tests and builds all of its products in the USA. The company employees (about 1300 right now) own the company.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by turbo38t View Post
                unfortunately lincoln is pretty chinese as well
                Not all,

                I just bought a Lincoln Ranger & a Lincoln LN-25 - Both are made in Cleveland, U.S.A.

                ........Norm
                www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                  "I am happy with my Lincoln (red), Hobart (white) and Millers (blue).

                  Oh yea, the Thermal Arc, but it says made in china".

                  -Ian
                  Should have got a HYPERTHERM!!!!
                  -Hypertherm is the largest plasma manufacturer....designs, tests and builds all of its products in the USA. The company employees (about 1300 right now) own the company.
                  I have a Hypertherm Powermax 30. Great little portable cutter!

                  -Ian
                  :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by turbo38t View Post
                    unfortunately lincoln is pretty chinese as well
                    The one Lincoln I have is an old LN-25. It makes short work of the bigger stuff!

                    -Ian
                    :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by raptorex View Post
                      Here in New Zealand we have had German made EWM machines for a while.
                      Most of them are parked up in a corner as they are just too complicated to use.
                      Here they are a lot cheaper than American machines,but still too expensive if you can't work out how to use them
                      Yea, that makes welders VERY expensive when they sit in corners because they are too complicated...

                      You guys get Kemppi. They are some of the finest welders around.

                      I really like my new Miller Dynasty 350.

                      -Ian
                      :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Love my Kemppi.
                        Attached Files
                        Kemppi Pro Evolution 4200
                        Kemppi 530 wire feed with MXE panel
                        Kemppi ProCool ( coming soon)
                        Cigweld TransMig 210se
                        Cigweld TransTig 200 AC/DC
                        Hypertherm PowerMax45
                        CutSkill O/A setup
                        Speedglas 9000x adflow
                        Speedglas 9100xx

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lincoln LN-25 ?

                          Originally posted by crabber View Post
                          The one Lincoln I have is an old LN-25. It makes short work of the bigger stuff!

                          -Ian
                          Ian, How do like the old LN-25, I just bought one & have'nt had a chance use it yet ?

                          .........Norm
                          www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
                            Ian, How do like the old LN-25, I just bought one & have'nt had a chance use it yet ?

                            .........Norm
                            Norm,

                            The LN-25 works great for FCAW. It does not have a gas valve or contactor, and is very simple and rugged. I run it with my XMT 304.

                            -Ian
                            :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by crabber View Post
                              Norm,

                              The LN-25 works great for FCAW. It does not have a gas valve or contactor, and is very simple and rugged. I run it with my XMT 304.

                              -Ian
                              Ian;

                              Mine does have the gas valve & contactor.
                              It came with the Euro connection for the gun whip, so it's out being replaced with a Tweco connection .
                              I can't complain though as I got it All for $500. & two guns & whips Binzel I think it was called . I also got two 30lb. reels of Lincoln .035" wire ! ( s-6 )

                              I hope to have back sometime next week.

                              .........Norm
                              www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X