Millermatic 185 Liner questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 185 Liner questions

New guy here...Can I use a .030 liner in the above machine with .023 wire...as long as I use the .023 roller feed wheel and tip?
    Thanks!!

Yep! I don't think I have ever seen a liner on the shelves at the lws for .023 wire.

Comment

Yup as walker said. I have the MM185 also and run lots of .024 sil bronze thru it with no problems...Bob
      Yup they got them.
      LINER,.023-.025" WIRE, 15 ft
      194010 $20.64
      194010 $20.64
      194010 $20.64
      Bob Wright

Comment

Thanks for the input. The .030 spare liner I have is too cruddy to use, so I have an .023 liner coming today. It seems my wire is a bit corroded from sitting around for too long, as well. Will try using a scotchbrite pad clothes-pinned to the wire between the spool and feed roller to pre-clean it. Anyone ever done this?

Comment

Originally posted by Technician! View Post
          Will try using a scotchbrite pad clothes-pinned to the wire between the spool and feed roller to pre-clean it. Anyone ever done this?
          I have been using thick felt that way for 34 years...Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

Excellent. Is there any kind of "lubricant" that can be applied to your wool or my scotchbrite pad that will help clean it, ease it down the liner, and not affect the weld?
            Thanks

Comment

paper clamps holding the wool felt work very well.... is an old old trick....
              the felt could take a very light shot of silicone spray.. (not much)

Click image for larger version

Name:	black_paper_clamp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	512454

BTW.. silicone spray is a good thing to spray on partially used spools of steel mig wire before they are put away for storage to discourage rust during the humid months...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Clothespins work well also the you don't run the risk of the metal paper clip shorting out if it slips

Comment

Originally posted by hdwelding View Post
                  Clothespins work well also the you don't run the risk of the metal paper clip shorting out if it slips
                  "paper clamps" yes.... "paper clips" NEVER...........

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                  Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
                  X