No announcement yet.

New to Aluminum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure that is even aluminum you are trying to weld? That is U-gly. Somehthing is deffinately not set correctly

Originally posted by Aggieclimber View Post
    I'm using a Miller 211, .30 wire, wire speed 90, voltage at 10, argon is around 35-40. I understand from other threads I need to be lower on the gas. And I've burnt through 4 tips. I assume the gun shroud us too close the aluminum.

Of course because I'm a rookie the welds are porous, black and very inconsistent. This is best I can get so far. I've tried to clean material but having never done it before I don't know how thorough to be with the stainless brush/acetone. Sure could use some coaching.

Comment

Spoolgun hop-up

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
      Where are you at? I am sure someone here would help you out. If you need to hop up your spoolgun give me a yell i can make it run better...Bob
      Mr. Bob,

I tossed you a PM in hopes of picking your brain about your spoolgun hop up and some other tid bits. Whats the best way to reach you?

Thanks

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by cityjack View Post
        Mr. Bob,

I tossed you a PM in hopes of picking your brain about your spoolgun hop up and some other tid bits. Whats the best way to reach you?

Thanks

Sid
        PM sent...Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

Polarity

Are you DCEP? And your connections of positive and negative hooked up right to your power source? Valves should always be full open on your bottles.
          Millermatic 210
          Syncrowave 200
          Spectrum 625 X-treme
          Hobart Champion 16 W/
          Miller 8VS Suitcase
          Miller 3035 Spool Gun
          Tons of Tools
          Microwave
          Laptop and Printer
          Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
            Don't get to tied up trying to spray weld because with your welder it isn't going to happen. Short circuit is what you will be doing. Not enough volts to spray...Bob
            the 211 will spray just fine, I have burnt many a roll of aluminium wire through mine all with spray arc. a trick to try is to set the wire speed 2 numbers above the chart setting and ease back till it smooths out and you wont burn near as many tips.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07947.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	512479
            Last edited by Diverdude; 02-11-2012, 04:37 AM. Reason: added pic
            "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Diverdude View Post
              the 211 will spray just fine, I have burnt many a roll of aluminium wire through mine all with spray arc. a trick to try is to set the wire speed 2 numbers above the chart setting and ease back till it smooths out and you wont burn near as many tips.[ATTACH=CONFIG]28774[/ATTACH]
              Thats cool. Thanks...Bob
              Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
              X