invertec V-205 LEMON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scranm View Post
    Yeah, I agree that will be the last red machine I ever buy. I have several miller welders. So, my point was to see if there was anybody else having issues like mine. I was not posting to complain.
    Additionally, Lincoln does not have fourm. If they did I'd
    really pitch a *****.
    In the past I've told potential buyers to look at the serial#, the first letter tells you the buyer where its made "U" for instance is Cleveland, "I" is Italy, "P" is Poland.

Power from one

Comment

Originally posted by 1930case View Post
      Gotta love (electronic grade or "sensor safe") RTV. Dabs o' goo have been protecting avionics since at least F4 Phantom days, and used to be common on computer hard drive data and power connections too.

If you ever feel like making a digest of your fixes that would be VERY interesting. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge!
      OK, from my F4 days I still remember it's predecessor - potting compound. The most God awful stuff I have ever used.
      Roger Troue

Retired since 2004

Miller 211
      Miller 200 Syncro
      Miller 375 Extreme

Comment

The Italy machines are not really made by Lincoln, made for Lincoln yes.
        Though still a quality manufactured machine, but every machine has thier individual quirks. serial# "U"*** is Cleveland, "I"*** is Italy and I think there are some Mexican and Polish machines around as well.

I never liked the way they changed voltages inside the machine, as I prefer the tried and true tapped setup for input voltage. Millers autoline is the best setup untill you reach the higher (over 600Vac) voltage, then they simply blow up another little quirk.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that machine switched from mosfet to IGBTs years and years ago. How old is your machine?

Comment

Now, if I went and did that, I'd never make any money.
            Considering the ratio of people who actually TAKE good advice to the much larger group exposed to it, your living is probably secure!

OK, from my F4 days I still remember it's predecessor - potting compound. The most God awful stuff I have ever used.
            Mmmm....I can still smell that too. (Broncos and Phantoms.) Brings back memories of cutting into it with a hot knife to run coax through bulkhead connectors. Credit where due, it SEALED very well and unlike crimp Cannon plugs, you could reuse the potted/soldered variety in a pinch...
            Last edited by 1930case; 01-26-2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Mansfield View Post
              I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that machine switched from mosfet to IGBTs years and years ago. How old is your machine?
              The mosfet has went bad on the machine. I had two different people look at the machine and they said the same thing. Lincoln will not sell any parts to the machine. They will only sell complete boards. The machine is probably 8 yrs old but has very little use. Less than 40 hrs on it. It is funny because we have a miller 330 that is probably older than me that won't die.
              Last edited by scranm; 01-26-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X