econotig post flow problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• econotig post flow problem

i have a miller econotig ce and when i let off the foot pedal the gas continues to flow. there is no adjustment of post flow but its a pre-determined setting at the factory i believe. now i'm no trouble shooter but i removed the gas valve and you can blow thru it. wouldn't it be closed without current to it? - i hooked it back up to the gas without it being on the machine and lo and behold gas comes out. i hooked up my tester @ the terminals and when you apply current i get 24 vac which is what i should have but when you let off the pedal the current is still 24v - shouldn't it go to zero? - the valve appears to be bad but maybe another issue lurking. sorry for the long post-any suggestions?

Serial freaken # please!

Comment

you guys up north always so rude. its an econotig CE serial #KH488250. the part number is 125785 but has been replaced by miller with a kit number 222837. is that enough or would u like the names of my children and s/s number-geez have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by welder57 View Post
        you guys up north always so rude. its an econotig CE serial #KH488250. the part number is 125785 but has been replaced by miller with a kit number 222837. is that enough or would u like the names of my children and s/s number-geez have a nice day
        Think you are confused!! the guy is doing you a favor on his own time and is not being paid for it...... would think you could at least not be a jerk about it....

Smart guy that you are maybe this will sink in.... each model name may have several significantly different revisions , and the ONLY way to tell the difference is with the serial number...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Hey guys, I have a GMC that wont shift into 4 wheel drive. Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

Wait, this might help: Its a 1994, Yukon, 4x4, with a 350. Trans is a 4L60E, transfer case is a NP209, vin# GGEETTAAACCCLUUUEEE. Maybe this addition of additional info will help.
          Last edited by ja baudin; 01-05-2012, 08:43 PM.
          sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
          Millermatic 350P
          30A Spoolgun
          Lincoln Pro Mig 140
          Hypertherm Powermax 30
          14" Rage Evolution dry saw
          40 ton press brake
          Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

Wow after that rant what you do to help a member??I know what I would do.
            Lets wait and see!!

Cruzier I,m with you.

My2¢

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
              Wow after that rant what you do to help a member??I know what I would do.
              Lets wait and see!!

Cruzier I,m with you.

My2¢
              got the response i figured i'd get. my point was there was a better way for him to ask for serial number than how he did. i was using a little sarcasm. i totally agree that he might need some morei nfo. i know people give advice for free as i have a few times. a little politeness goes a long way. thanks

Comment

i have a miller econotig ce and when i let off the foot pedal the gas continues to flow. there is no adjustment of post flow but its a pre-determined setting at the factory i believe. now i'm no trouble shooter but i removed the gas valve and you can blow thru it. wouldn't it be closed without current to it? - i hooked it back up to the gas without it being on the machine and lo and behold gas comes out. i hooked up my tester @ the terminals and when you apply current i get 24 vac which is what i should have but when you let off the pedal the current is still 24v - shouldn't it go to zero? - the valve appears to be bad but maybe another issue lurking. sorry for the long post-any suggestions?
                If you did a minor review of my posts (I'm a CST miller tech, and Advanced tech for almost every other brand) you'll notice that I require the serial #. and yes if you want a question answered in a quick format I need that information to pull up the correct machine, correct theory and correct electrical diagram.

Moral of the story is that according the the operational theory your machine has a non adjustable 15 second post flow. The timer appears to be a linear chip, so there is no way to get around it.

Often if the gas valve is open all the time, the little spring inside it is worn out, dissassemble it and with a little tug on the spring, reassemble it. Other times, something is jamming it open, generally its teflon tape stuck in the orfices.

Jeff
                Last edited by cruizer; 01-06-2012, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                  If you did a minor review of my posts (I'm a CST miller tech, and Advanced tech for almost every other brand) you'll notice that I require the serial #. and yes if you want a question answered in a quick format I need that information to pull up the correct machine, correct theory and correct electrical diagram.

Moral of the story is that according the the operational theory your machine has a non adjustable 15 second post flow. The timer appears to be a linear chip, so there is no way to get around it.

Often if the gas valve is open all the time, the little spring inside it is worn out, dissassemble it and with a little tug on the spring, reassemble it. Other times, something is jamming it open, generally its teflon tape stuck in the orfices.

Jeff
                  didn't realize that was what you do for a living. never got that in depth reading some of your other posts. it seems as if a lot of people post problems without the proper amount of info so patience would be a virtue. thanks for the info. i have a gas valve on order. the chip appears ok because i go to zero VAC after the 15 seconds so that appears to work. thanks again

Comment

!

Welcome welder57 to the forum!
                    sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
                    Millermatic 350P
                    30A Spoolgun
                    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
                    Hypertherm Powermax 30
                    14" Rage Evolution dry saw
                    40 ton press brake
                    Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

Welcome..

Welcome to the forum

lots of knowledgable folks here willing to help others with troubleshooting and other technical and welding advice.... the vast majority volunteer their time..... and.... Cruizer is a real gem...he does this for a profession, yet still finds time to volunteer and help out here on the forum.. his patience and knowledge of welder repair is truly an asset here.... Pardon us if we are a bit protective...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
                        Welcome welder57 to the forum!
                        thnx

Comment

Working...
                        X