No announcement yet.

Will spool gun work on Trailblazer????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will spool gun work on Trailblazer????

I got a Trailblazer 301g ( about 2004 ) will a 30A spoolgun run off a 14 pin on my welder or do i have to have a wc24 in-between? And where would I find all this out on Millers website I looked through the manual and didn't see anything that satisfied my search.

fraid you are gonna need a WC-24 Turtle....

I have a TB301G... w/30A... & WC-24....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

What H80N said.

Not sure why the 301G isn't listed but its 14-pin has everything needed for the WC-24/30A set up though.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...gun-chart.html
      MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
      *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
      *HF-251D-1
      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
      PakMaster 100XL
      Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
      http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Why is it not listed then?

Comment

Originally posted by joulian View Post
          Why is it not listed then?
          Sunspots!!!!

did you maybe think that it is and old model and the list is for current models????

or

that I was trying to deliberately mislead you as some part of a vast plot??

take some time, read and research the old threads from when the 301g was new and see what the answer really is.....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

No i had not put much thought at all into someone I do not know personally trying to mislead me on this random forum in this random thread somewhere out there in cyperspace. Just busy enough to take things at face value in such an instance and get back to work. I wasn't asking for political views here.

Some 301g have 1 or 2 pc boards in them and though I am not an expert, I was speculating that depending on what year yadda yadda it might be that one of those models ( depending on serial ) might just have something like a WC built into it.

Comment

Some 301g have 1 or 2 pc boards in them and though I am not an expert, I was speculating that depending on what year yadda yadda it might be that one of those models ( depending on serial ) might just have something like a WC built into it.
              You need a WC24 to run a spool gun on a 302TB so the odds would be pretty good that you'd need it with the older 301 model. Not very often that they remove functionality, but I guess it's worth a check.
              at home:
              2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
              2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
              2008 Suitcase 12RC
              Spoolmatic 30A
              WC-24
              2009 Dynasty 200DX
              2000 XMT 304
              2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
              Sold:MM130XP
              Sold:MM 251
              Sold:CST 280

at work:
              Invision 350MP
              Dynasty 350
              Millermatic 350P
              Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

I got a Trailblazer 301g ( about 2004 ). . .
                Got a SN?

. . . will a 30A spoolgun run off a 14 pin on my welder or do i have to have a wc24 in-between?
                I didn't mention it before but take another look - that 30A has a 10-pin not a 14-pin plug. Common misunderstanding. The WC-24 has the matching 10-pin receptacle to match as do a number of shop machines that are capable of accepting the 30A as a direct connect (as shown in the hook-up chart).

Well there is a DC only version of the TB 301G and the manuals make mention in several places of the "CV/CC model" but I was always of the understanding the 301G were all CV/CC and all have 2 boards (PC1 Power Board/PC2 Control Board).

I know later units have the 14-pin equipped with 115VAC and earlier ones didn't. Only 24VAC but can be upgraded. In fact I actually have one in the shop at the moment that was upgraded but have never heard of one capable of a direct connect 30A from the factory or a with a field kit.
                Last edited by duaneb55; 12-27-2011, 05:44 PM.
                Syncrowave 180 SD
                *HF-251D-1
                *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                PakMaster 100XL

Comment

called Miller today and they said WC is necessary. Mine has one PC board, which I replaced a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
                    Got a SN?

I know later units have the 14-pin equipped with 115VAC and earlier ones didn't. Only 24VAC but can be upgraded. In fact I actually have one in the shop at the moment that was upgraded but have never heard of one capable of a direct connect 30A from the factory or a with a field kit.
                    I ll look tomorrow on the pins on my Machine. Will get S/N too. Can i upgrade to a 14 pin (+24v ) if mine is the 10 pin?

Comment

I ll look tomorrow on the pins on my Machine. Will get S/N too. Can i upgrade to a 14 pin (+24v ) if mine is the 10 pin?
                      I wasn't clear enough on my explanation.

The 10-pin is on the 30A not the TB which has a 14-pin. It's the earlier TB 301G 14-pin remotes that didn't have 115VAC but only 24VDC. The WC-24 requires 24V (hence the "24" designation) which is why the WC-24 will work - and is needed - to run the 30A off an early or late TB 301G.
                      Syncrowave 180 SD
                      *HF-251D-1
                      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                      PakMaster 100XL

Comment

teach a man to fish.............

Duane
                        it is a valiant effort but until he reads and UNDERSTANDS the manuals.... the obvious questions could contioue ad infinitum.............

"give a man a fish and he eats for a day..
                        Teach a man to fish and he is fed for a lifetime"

Well..... here is the link to his fishing pole...
                        look up and read the manuals that pertain to the serial numbers.. then at least the truly obvious questions will be eliminated... we hope..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

I have a 325 EFI and i want to know if i can make aluminum weld with a spool gun

Comment

Originally posted by Lisber View Post
                            I have a 325 EFI and i want to know if i can make aluminum weld with a spool gun
                            Yes..........on.......... DC CV..........

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

For some reason, Lisber bumped a six-year old thread with a barely related question, but since he did:

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
                              ...It's the earlier TB 301G 14-pin remotes that didn't have 115VAC but only 24VDC...
                              I was the first recipient of the 115V control upgrade so I could remote-control my ancient Millermatic 80A suitcase feeder. After that, it was made available to the public.

Originally posted by H80N
                              "give a man a fish and he eats for a day..
                              Teach a man to fish and he is fed for a lifetime"
                              No, no; you've got it all wrong.

"Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day.
                              Set a man on fire, and you warm him for the rest of his life."
                              Last edited by MAC702; 04-13-2017, 08:03 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X