Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MillerMatic 35S Gear Box problem

This is a millermatic 35S

And we used to have a problem with the wire not always coming out of the gun, and then it got worse and worse, and the gear in the wire drive is gone, pretty wore out all we need is the round gear, not the worm gear, to get this thing going again, where can i buy this part for it?

Its a Rae motor, with a part number 102830

anybody have some information on this gear box, or where i can buy the gear!?

thank you very much!

That devil has to be about 37 years old or older... was the first all in one MIG that I can recall.... would hope that somebody has some NOS parts or maybe it can cross the number to something a little newer like maybe a MM200???
    If you can keep it going that would be great... what a testimony to the longevity of Miller machines...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

yeah we bought it for 600 bucks, and 7 years of none stop use on the farm daily. Its a wonderful welder! all thats wrong is the gear has a flat spot in it, and when the worm gear gets to it, it quits turning til you nudge it a little bit and it will make 1 more turn.

even if i could just find a place that sells gears and get one that is the same, 51 tooth gear i think and a 8mm shaft and about an 31mm in diameter, the gear is 2.5mm thick not including the collar which adds another 2.5mm to it.

if that helps at all

Comment

You might try an inquiry to Rae Motors.... they are still in business and that gear is probably a common part in several of their models.....
        a call or email might find it
        here is their site..

http://www.raemotors.com/

let us know how that goes.......

Although it does sound like you have gotten your moneys worth out of it..... you might consider a capital purchase and get something that will cover a lot more of your ranch welding needs like a Millermatic 350P..... it is worlds above the 150 amps of a 35s and will replace most of your stick welding as well... you might consider it....

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00151

if it is a large ranch with a busy shop it might make sense....
        Last edited by H80N; 12-18-2011, 08:46 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by thefarmshow View Post
          all thats wrong is the gear has a flat spot in it, and when the worm gear gets to it, it quits turning til you nudge it a little bit and it will make 1 more turn.
          Is it a steel gear or nylon one? Got a pic of the problem area? If its steel just build it up and refile the tooth or teeth. If its nylon there are gear companys that have them on the shelf. I found lots of 50 tooth but 51 is an oddball...Bob
          Last edited by aametalmaster; 12-18-2011, 09:28 AM.
          Bob Wright

Comment

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1301q_mil.pdf page 37. Is the gear you need on the motor itself?...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

The motor we have has a gearbox, and it is at a right angle, that one looks direct drive. I may just email Rae about it, and see if they have one still.

The reason i still want to use this one is because I bought my own farm this year, and I dont have a mig over there, we bought a newer one for my dad's farm but its a older Lincoln, works just as well for him. but he said if i can this one, I can have it, so for a $5 gear or so im hoping to have a nice mig for my farm.

I'll post back here what I find out

Comment

Originally posted by thefarmshow View Post
                The motor we have has a gearbox, and it is at a right angle, that one looks direct drive. I may just email Rae about it, and see if they have one still.

The reason i still want to use this one is because I bought my own farm this year, and I dont have a mig over there, we bought a newer one for my dad's farm but its a older Lincoln, works just as well for him. but he said if i can this one, I can have it, so for a $5 gear or so im hoping to have a nice mig for my farm.

I'll post back here what I find out
                Before you call them you might spend a little time looking through their current line and see what they have that might be the same or similar...

http://raemotors.thomasnet.com/categ...gle-gearmotors

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                  Before you call them you might spend a little time looking through their current line and see what they have that might be the same or similar...
                  Maybe something will match because they prob will tell you its a special Miller item and they can't sell it to you. I have been down that road a few times in the last 34 years...Bob
                  Bob Wright

Comment

well its just which motor/gearbox is the one that i need? I have no idea what the drive ratio is for this, or how many RPM the output shaft is at, if i buy one that spins too fast, it'll push the wire out too fast. If anyone could tell me which one i needed i'd sooner go that route, already tried a different motor/gearbox ( actually a car window motor ) but it just didn't work. was easy enough to mount, but wouldnt do the job

Comment

I might be mistaken but wasn't the MM35s wire drive motor 115v ac/dc like on the MM200.... putting a 12vdc car window motor in it might let the smoke out of something...
                      my guess is if you get one of the tech support folks from RAE on the phone they can look up what you have and cross reference the parts....

here is another link to the manual...

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1301b_mil.pdf

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

If you can't fix it, might want to try Larry Burross. He has lots of parts and can probably help you.

Larry Burross
                        Applied Equipment, Inc.
                        2515 Cartwright St.
                        Dallas, Tx 75212

214-630-9353 phone
                        214-630-9354 fax
                        888-630-9353 toll-free
                        214-577-9353 cell
                        786-629-9353 computer
                        Email: [email protected]
                        Millermatic Passport Plus
                        Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
                        XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
                        Dynasty 300 DX
                        Thermal Arc 400 MST
                        Victor O/A
                        Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Comment

Can you post a photo or two of this unit? I don't know of any MM35S with an angle drive wire feed set up.
                          MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
                          Syncrowave 180 SD
                          Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
                          *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
                          *HF-251D-1
                          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                          PakMaster 100XL
                          Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
                          http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Working...
                          X