Dynasty 280

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah,

Talked to my tech guy last week. He's pretty "connected" with Miller and is a good friend of Andy's.

This machine (the 280) has been in the works for some time. Nearly 2 years ago Andy hinted to me that Miller recognized the void between the 200 and 350 and would be addressing it.

The "easy solution" would have been to simply come out with a slightly modified Dynasty 300. Not the Miller way. Danged if they didn't develop a machine with better 1 phase output (than the 300) and put it in a 52# box.

ja-cain

Had so many MOS's in the service, not sure what to say. I'll try to abreviate.

Came out of college in 1967 (BS in Civil Engineering). Little skirmish going on in VN. Volunteered for the draft. Basic, AIT (Combat Engr), and then jump school. In Jan 68 the Army (a buddy really) convinced me to take a commission. Attended OCS at Ft. Belvoir and was commissioned Corps of Engineers in Aug 68. MOS of 1328. From Belvoir I went to Ranger School. Then off to CA for the MATA Course (Advisor training). Then to Panama for Jungle Warfare. Back to Ft. Bliss (Biggs Field) for VN language training, and then back to Bragg for SF training. From there i attended HALO school, before being assigned to the 5th SFG, Bangkok, Thailand. Spent 19 mos running long range patrols into N VN, Cambodia, and Laos. Then took an A team into the Mekong Delta (IV Corps, VN). Returned stateside in late 71.

Attended the Army Engineer Advance Course in 1973. From there the Army sent me back to grad school at the Univ of Miami in Industrial Engineering (with a concentration in Systems Analysis). For the next 18 years or so I flip flopped between engineer and special ops assignments.

I retired in 1989 as Chief of Automation for the Army Logistics Center at Ft. Lee. Had just been promoted to Colonel, but didn't serve the time in grade for retirement purposes so my retired pay is as a LTC.

Did a fair amount of traveling in the service. Was deployed to 46 different foreign countries during my 22+ years of active duty. Kind of a rush at 30, but gets kinda old as the kids start coming along. I've now been retired for as long as I was on AD.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
      A little bird tells me that April 1st is the public introduction for the Dynasty 280DX...... anybody else heard anything??? confirm??? deny??

Mebbe April Fools???
      Could be right my guy at the LWS is telling me March/ April before he will have pricing on it.
      at home:
      2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
      2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
      2008 Suitcase 12RC
      Spoolmatic 30A
      WC-24
      2009 Dynasty 200DX
      2000 XMT 304
      2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
      Sold:MM130XP
      Sold:MM 251
      Sold:CST 280

at work:
      Invision 350MP
      Dynasty 350
      Millermatic 350P
      Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Any News???............... should be hearing something any time now............

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

are we there yet Daddy?? Dynasty 280DX.......

Well the first of April is Tomorrow.... so if all the rumors are true.... we should be hearing something real soon now....

from what I have been told... the 280DX is a real sweetheart... and bridges the gap between 200DX and 350DX very well.....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

Not by my calender

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300
            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Dynasty 280

My smart phone is getting very smart it can see posts from the future. lol

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                Not by my calender
                Oops.... off by a day...

in any event...........

one of the little birds has suggested that it may be a little later.. like May-June timeframe.... but I guess we will see when it happens...

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Availability of the Dynasty 280 Dx

I called the Miller sales office in Appleton, Wisconsin yesterday and was told that the 280 dx would not be available until June or July of this year. I was disappointed. Guess I will need to wait for several more months

Comment

Ooowwww....(dissapointed)...

Comment

save your

Well, if it is not to be available until June/July, that just gives you more time with saving your money to buy one.

1960s Beach Boys song about the boy wanting a 409 engine was that he was saving his nickles and dimes to buy a 409.

Well, that will not work today because of inflation.

Best kept saving your half dollars and dollars to buy a 280DX!!

Your 2010s song is- She's real fine my 280DX!!

Comment

It's August now. Is there any pricing info on this machine yet?

Comment

Little Bird in Appleton told me....

Dyn 280 will be out in Oct....

no pricing info yet...

Last edited by H80N; 08-27-2012, 05:06 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            The wife caught me looking at the brochure. She said "How many welders do you need?!!!"

I said "How many shoes do you need?"

I'm not sure I made the correct point. She probably thinks the shoe budget just increased to match the welder budget.
                            Boy, I hope a pair of shoes costs less then the welder ! You may need a second job !

Comment

by now i thinks this machine was just a big lie!

Comment

Last delay??

Originally posted by cayager View Post
                                by now i thinks this machine was just a big lie!
                                Gotta admit that the delays have gotten a little old...

you begin to wonder if this thing really exists...

The guys that are close to the project assure me that it will be worth the wait... and are pretty rueful and apologetic about the stumblydy-dumb information leakage and buildup that has both built premature excitement AND pissed off potential buyers...
                                (putting it in the 2012 catalog sure got a lot of us launched...way too early.. )

that it is Real...not just a thing of myth...

Anyway.. sure hope this is the last delay and that we do see this fabled machine soon...

My Blue Stuff:
                                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                                Dynasty 200DX
                                Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                                X