Jesse James Build Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse James Build Off

For being such an "Artist" his stainless TIG welds look like bird poop...

here is a closeup

Click image for larger version

Name:	JesseJames.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	530457

He had 10 guys there to help him finish it..... should of had one of them weld it for him....

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/american...ctures-02.html

Jesse sure has some of the finest metalshaping equipment that money can buy.... though its too bad he needs to learn how to use it....
    Brendan Thompson is the young fellow who did the sheetmetal on the PJD bike.. He did a lot more, and TONS nicer with very little equipment..... those that can... do...

http://elitemetaldesigns.com/indexb.html

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Jesse said everything you see he built by hand. BS . He made the wheels, the engine, etc????. All of them have frames, wheels, and many other parts built by others. They do some of the fab and it can be good. Give me a catolog and a lot of money and I can build a nice bike also. Jesse is talented but he is a jerk too.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Jesse =

PJD =
      Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
      3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
      Miller Dynasty200DX
      ThermalArc 400 GTSW
      MillerMatic350P
      MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
      MKCobraMig260
      Lincoln SP-170T
      Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
      Hypertherm 1250
      Hypertherm 800
      PlasmaCam CNC cutter
      Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
      SiberHegner CNC Mill
      2 ea. Bridgeport
      LeBlond 15" Lathe
      Haberle 18" Cold Saw
      Doringer 14" Cold Saw
      6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

west coast

he's been out for a long time. what did he say 5 years wow. one thing is for sure at least you could get on his bike and ride. i thought it was a bike build off? thats what a bike build off is you build a bike you can ride anywear. witch he did hands down.. pjd built a theme bike thats what they do and are good at. you could not ride that bike to daytona or as far as that goes to the nearest gas station but you could start it up in the driveway and look pretty. occ now i am not sure wear they came up with that thing but it would be fun to mess with as long as you dont have a strong wind coming at you to burn your hair off. but then again i do not think they were really tring to win. just show people they can think a little out of their relm alittle. as far as attitudes i think they were put up to the bashing by the show. to keep things fired up. and the only one that didnt like the idea was jr. but im sure give it time the big bucks seem to get to even the best of them. thats just my thought.

Comment

Sad.....

My angst was Jesse's lack of craftsmanship... after declaring himself "one of the best in the world"........ then his trash talking the other guys... but with all of his bragging... gotta tell ya, I have seen newbies run nicer beads with a new Diversion fresh out of the box....
          a little humility might have helped him..... but that closeup pic of those welds does not lie....... Truly Sad.....

no problem with WHAT he built... but with HOW he did it

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

jea jessie done lost all my respect i had for him. and like waht was posted before they all order pre made pieces now the guy in florida and the other guy indian larry i think was his name they make all their own stuff from scratch. it was a sad day to see old indian larry died.

Comment

I think Jesse should have one the biker build off.If I wanted a piece of art I would buy Paul Jr.'s bike.If I wanted a bike to ride I would buy Jesse James' bike and I think that is what this build off was about building a real motorcycle.What the **** did Occ do,cool but not a bike.The thing I do not like about Paul Jr is he has the machines to build everything he needs (waterjet, 3 axis cnc mill etc.) but yet he out sources so much.The frame, the swingarm,the front end etc.As a designer Paul Jr is very talented,as a real world fabricator I do not think so.What really did PJD build on that bike?The gas tank,the bars,exhaust fenders maybe.Build a frame PJD that will test their real fabrication skills.
              Millermatic 210 with spoolgun
              Millermatic 211
              Lincoln Precision Tig 225
              Miller Spectrum 375 plasma cutter
              4x8 CNC Plasma Table with TD Cutmaster 101
              Hydmech DM 8 horizontal bandsaw
              Edwards 40 ton ironworker
              Mk Morse dry cut saw
              Hougen HMD 904 mag drill
              2 Bench grinders
              6 angle grinders
              Slip roll 48 inch
              Pan and box brake 48 inch
              Tubing bender
              etc.,etc.,etc

Comment

I saw Jr build a frame out of large hex stock on an early OCC. He can do it.
                He is a fabricator and an artist.
                CG
                Old Miller Swinger 180 Buzzbox
                Miller Diversion 165
                1945 Craftsman Atlas Lathe
                Smithy Lathe/Mill

Comment

jesse james portrays himself as a bad asz bike builder, in reality he is just an arrogant self centered jerk with fabrication experience and alot of money. Its one thing to joke around with occ and pjd, but he just kept running his mouth about how stupid they were and how great he was. pjd may use a few off the shelf parts but his bikes are innovative and impressive.

I love how jesse changed his tone twards the end when he realized he wasn't going to finish.

whatever, It's just a tv show right.
                  MM 211 W/ Spoolgun
                  Diversion 180
                  Spectrum 375 X-TREME
                  Portable Victor O/A
                  Palmgren Bench Drill Press
                  14" Evolution Dry Saw
                  IR 60 Gal. 3 HP Compressor
                  Speedglas 9100x
                  My Brain

Comment

Jesse had to keep trying to look around the handle bars to see, he couldn't just look straight and see.

Comment

Jesse is a true fabricator. All I've seen Sr and Jr do is tack metal together, usually without a hood.
                      AutoArc 230 (MM 210)
                      3035 spoolgun
                      Spectrum 625
                      Dialarc HF w/Coolmate 4

Comment

Originally posted by bob_e95482 View Post
                        Jesse is a true fabricator. All I've seen Sr and Jr do is tack metal together, usually without a hood.
                        so you are trying to tell me that Jesse's welds look professional to you???

yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you even look at those Stainless Steel welds he did on that frame...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by H80N; 12-09-2011, 06:30 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

what i don't understand is they have the hightech bender that can bend any shape they need and as many as they need so why do they buy frames that are made already?be a man and a true fabricater and use that machine and make your own frames

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                            so you are trying to tell me that Jesse's welds look professional to you???

yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you even look at those Stainless Steel welds he did on that frame...
                            I am having the same argument on a mustang site I hang out on. They think he is the best tig welder in the world. I wonder when the frame will crack, even more brittle after heating it cherry red to bend.
                            Miller Dynasty 300DX
                            HTP MIG 240
                            HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
                            South Bend Lathe
                            Etc. Etc....
                            tjsperformance.com

Comment

i don't know about the crackin of stainless after heating it .i worked at north american shipyard for a few years and made a prybar out of stainless steel round bar.that was years ago and the hotter i got it so i could flatten the end and bend it the harder it got it seemd to make stainless even stronger when i put heat to it.i just recently lost that prybar after lending it to a friend but i'll say one thing after i heated it up to bend it that thing never cracked nor did it ever bend out of shape.now this was 3/4 solid round bar so i don't know how stainless tubing would react but i figure it would react the same way.

Comment

Working...
                              X