• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• con_fuse9
    replied
    I have the non blue lightning 350.

I haven't had real problems with the high frequency starts but
    1) I'm usually welding smaller stuff - less than 200 amps. So I have smaller tungsten.
    2) Using ceriated or rare-earth only tungsten.
    3) I have a hand sharpener that is very easy to put a touch-up on the tungsten.

Occasionally, after making a pass and letting everything cool down, I have trouble starting. Had the same issue with my old Dialarc HF. If I scratch the tip of the tungsten itself (or tap it), it starts just fine afterwards. I'm not sure if that is a problem or not.

My house is a bit high on the voltage side. 126V single phase minimum with a high of 128 - that means I'm at 250-255 V. Also, in the states its all 60Hz.

Bottom line, the machine you are looking at is not a Blue Lightning, but at the right price its a good machine - but there is a big difference in value.

BTW, on the Dynasty 200s, they seemed to have changed the way you access the 'hidden' menus making the latest and greatest 200s better than the older 200s with Blue Lightning. Not sure if they made the same changes on the 350s. So not all blue lightning machines are equal. On the 200s, I normally say the blue lighting is about $500 additional on the used market. Not sure about the 350s.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Yea I remember you posting about all that and that's exactly what my answer was based upon.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it WAS one of those previous machines!
    Blue Lightning is great, but if a machine is functioning correctly, there is little need IMO.
    That first machine you guys had and all you was going thru was some freekin' drama for sure. The pond is way too wide for any more of that crap!!!

Leave a comment:

• awill4x4
    replied
    Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
    Considering where you're located, I would pass unless it was cheap.
    Then just crank up the start amps instead. It works way better that way.
    Thanks FusionKing, I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me with a price.
    I also work for Darren (Trikfab) after hours and I know from using his blue lightning Dynasty 350 what an easier machine it is to light off compared to the previous model.
    I think his LWS supplied him with 3 or so machines till he finally got one that had a good high frequency start and that was the blue lightning one.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Considering where you're located, I would pass unless it was cheap.
    Then just crank up the start amps instead. It works way better that way.

Leave a comment:

• TRIKFAB
    replied
    I was looking to see if Miller had any new toys and stumbled onto your post

Leave a comment:

• awill4x4
    replied
    Originally posted by TRIKFAB View Post
    Here you go Andy

The Blue Lightening feature was added to the 350's and 700's at serial #LK37000L which was manufactured on 10/15/09.
    Are you stalking me Darren?

Leave a comment:

• TRIKFAB
    replied
    Here you go Andy

The Blue Lightening feature was added to the 350's and 700's at serial #LK37000L which was manufactured on 10/15/09.

Leave a comment:

• awill4x4
    started a topic Blue Lightning serial number on Dynasty 350

Blue Lightning serial number on Dynasty 350

I've come across a Dynasty 350 for sale here in Australia.
    I don't have many details as yet but I asked the seller for the serial number and he quoted me the serial number LH 380571L.
    Could anyone tell me if this serial number signifies that the machine is a "blue lightning" machine or the previous model?
    Where I work after hours we have a blue lightning machine which is much better at arc starts compared to the previous model so I'd prefer to get the later machine if possible.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.
Working...
X