I was speaking...

Originally posted by rick-l View Post
    Thanks
    ...about the post directly above mine.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by tommy2069 View Post
    i just use 045 tips in my migs that way i don't have to worry about changing tips to larger size .never had any wire whipping around on me and you can't really tell any diference in the tips when welding
    So if an .045 tip is .010-.014 bigger than whats stamped on it (its supposed to be if its an industry standard) you could almost run 2 .023's thru that, almost LOL...Bob

Leave a comment:

• rick-l
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Doughboyracer
    replied
    Wow...

...gonna go get some popcorn for the responses to that one...lol

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    i just use 045 tips in my migs that way i don't have to worry about changing tips to larger size .never had any wire whipping around on me and you can't really tell any diference in the tips when welding .plus i always make it a point to run a larger tip to cut down on binding when welding.if you run a 035 tip and run 035 waire just one bb from the arc can shut you down.so i suggest that you just get you some 045 tips and go with it.the only thing you have to change when going to smaller wire from larger wire is the rollers..025 and .035 will run the same rollers but going from .045 down to .024 will sometimes give you a bit a slipping .

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    Originally posted by rick-l View Post
    For my Millermatic 175 the tip is stamped .023, the spool of wire just used up says it is .024 and Home depot sells Lincoln .025. Will .025 work?
    Yes, They are All the same, .023", .024", .025" Tips & Wire .

.........Norm

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Yup...Bob

Leave a comment:

• rick-l
    started a topic mig wire size

mig wire size

For my Millermatic 175 the tip is stamped .023, the spool of wire just used up says it is .024 and Home depot sells Lincoln .025. Will .025 work?
Working...
X