torch mounted on/off switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torch mounted on/off switch

I was woundering if there was a cheaper way to hook a on/off switch for my sync 200.I can purchase the button for 40 dollars but the complete setup is 160 dollars

Been using the button switch miller#171248 and stringing it to a 14 pin amphenol

Comment

Could you please post the wiring schematic for this.
      Thanks.
      T.J.
      Miller Dynasty 300DX
      HTP MIG 240
      HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
      South Bend Lathe
      Etc. Etc....
      tjsperformance.com

Comment

Not really, just plumb the 2 wires off the switch to "A" & "B" on the machine amphenol.

Comment

The wiring diagram is found in the product manual for your remote control. There are three wires going to the amperage control variable resistor (zig-zag portion on the schematic), the other two are for the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith_J View Post
            The wiring diagram is found in the product manual for your remote control. There are three wires going to the amperage control variable resistor (zig-zag portion on the schematic), the other two are for the switch.
            You only need A & B to turn the machine contractor on and off. The welding machine will run at the preset amperage on the display. If you want a finger amperage control, pony up the cash and buy one. The time to make something I do not see as economical.

I purchased the 14 pin connector and wired it up to a push button switch. But I think it is still $60 in materials. The connectors are $45 to 50 because commercially they are all metal housings. I think Miller has the plastic ones made just for them.
            Owner
            DW Metalworks LLC
            Miller Trailblazer 302
            Miller 8RC Feeder
            Miller Passport Plus
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
            Hobart Handler 135
            Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
            Smith O/A Torch Set
            Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Comment

Nope, the plastic ones are made by "AMP", and are readily available. I don't care for them much instead prefer real Amphenol. I say real as there are many clones around that don't fit my specifications

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                Not really, just plumb the 2 wires off the switch to "A" & "B" on the machine amphenol.
                Great. Thanks for the help. That is what I need.
                T.J.
                Miller Dynasty 300DX
                HTP MIG 240
                HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
                South Bend Lathe
                Etc. Etc....
                tjsperformance.com

Comment

Working...
                X