Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laiky
    replied
    Thanks for the input. i will take a better look at ebay. I don't intend to sell any accessories with it since i will eventually replace it. my friend already has all the accessories for it. I'm not looking to give it away, since it really does what i need it to, that would be silly. I won't have time to use it for about 6 months anyhow. I would rather get a good price on ebay. My interest in a new unit is as a hobby. As i said it keeps me sane and i find the technology very interesting and enjoyable. I should probably just take up drinking, its less expensive!

Leave a comment:

• raferguson
    replied
    ebay values

Ebay has a function, under the advanced search, to let you look at completed listings. I found three for the 200DX, $2600 to $3300. Obviously you would need to look at each listing to evaluate whether they were comparable to your unit. I noticed that at least one of those was for a unit with no cables or foot pedal.

I often use Ebay to get a sense of the market value of things, not the asking price, but the completed listings. Note that ebay would probably take around 7% or so of that, so you could take a couple of hundred less on a local cash sale and still end up with the same amount of cash in your pocket.

The high price of a used Dynasty supports my contention that a used Syncrowave, at $1000 to $1500, is the best deal for most people.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Laiky
    replied
    i told him 2200, that's what I figured i would be happy selling it for, not necessarily what its worth, although it's pristine. Keeping in mind I just upgraded my 175 for a 211 and i don't NEED a new TIG. Had he asked me before i spent the money on the 211 maybe i would have said less. It seems like just yesterday that i bought it! I know Miller machines hold their value well. When we originally talked i didn't really consider the updated arc starts and waveforms or the age of the unit. I guess the question is, are the waveforms and arc starter THAT great?? i don't know. i never had any real arc starting issues, occasionally just touch the tungsten and start. I TIG weld as a hobby, i enjoy it and it keeps me sane. I would love to try the waveforms. How useful do you guys find the different waveforms?

Leave a comment:

• SundownIII
    replied
    Five year old machine.

No warranty.

No Blue Lighting arc start.

I'd think you'd be lucky to get 2K for it.

You may get more on e-bay, since I've seen equipment go there for much more than it's really worth.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    And how much were you looking to get our of it??

Leave a comment:

• Laiky
    replied
    i have a friend that wants to buy it. I gave him a price that was worth it to me to let it go. I'm curious what the going price actually is. if i can get more I'll try ebay. if its less i would reconsider what i told him. I barely use it now and he would give it a good home. if i found the time to get into some more projects i could use it as an excuse to upgrade in a year or so.

Leave a comment:

• TxDarth
    replied
    Sad part is it will not bring what it is worth to you....

I bought a new Syncro 200 this summer as well....now I wish I would have added the extra money and bought the Maxtar series. I believe it would have been another $1,500 or so to go that way, now I wish I would have splurged for the difference.

Good luck with your sale.
    Last edited by TxDarth; 10-26-2011, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Laiky
    started a topic Whats my Dynasty 200 DX worth?

Whats my Dynasty 200 DX worth?

I have a 2005 version Dynasty 200 DX, i don't know the hours but they are low. i used it to learn to TIG and for Practice and personal projects. Its immaculate. I'm curious what its worth because I'm thinking of upgrading. Ebay doesn't have any comparable listings. Any input? Welder only, no accessories.
Working...
X