mm252 how long of power can you add

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mm252 how long of power can you add

I just bought second hand a MM252and i have about a 25 ft 6/3power cord on my MM35 that i want to change over to the new machine before i sell the 35 i was wandering if it is ok to put that cord on the new machine without any problems? thanks Chris

how long of a power cord can you add to a MM252

Originally posted by ctinberg View Post
    I just bought second hand a MM252and i have about a 25 ft 6/3power cord on my MM35 that i want to change over to the new machine before i sell the 35 i was wandering if it is ok to put that cord on the new machine without any problems? thanks Chris
    just correcting the title .

Comment

Look up Manual to get answer

Copy the Serial Number from the Machine and do a USER MANUAL Search. You should be able to find the answer your looking for. Have a MM200 that had a 50ft. 8/3 SOJW (Rubber Neoprene) cable on it when it was first purchased. Was in a 40'x80' building then; now in a 30'x40' building and welding in one spot most of the time. It now has a 12' 8/3 SDT (Sunlight, Direct Burial, Tray Cable, NO CONDUIT REQUIRED) cable on it. I have #6 to the wall plug from the breaker panel. I still have 44' of that original 50' cable, now its setup as an extension cord, if needed.
      '77 Miller Bluestar 2E on current service truck
      '99 Miller Bobcat 225NT for New Service Truck
      '85 Millermatic 200 in Shop

'72 Marquete 295 AC cracker box in Shop
      '07 Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Plasma Cutter in Shop
      Miller Elite and Digital Elite Hoods

Comment

Yes you can put that cord on your MM252.
        MM250
        Trailblazer 250g
        22a feeder
        Lincoln ac/dc 225
        Victor O/A
        MM200 black face
        Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
        Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
        Arco roto-phase model M
        Vectrax 7x12 band saw
        Miller spectrum 875
        30a spoolgun w/wc-24
        Syncrowave 250
        RCCS-14

Comment

Thanks for the info guys . a little FYI I called Miller tech support today and they told me if i have 6/3 wire i could use up to 100 ft. for a cord ."definitely didn't expect that " something to keep in mind . thanks again Chris

Comment

Working...
          X