ESAB dual shield 7100 ultra techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESAB dual shield 7100 ultra techniques

hello all, I am new to this forum and have read many of the interesting threads.

My question is when running 1/16 dual shield ultra what polarity should I be using? Also how much of a stick out should I have? I have been stick and solid wire mig welding for many years but have only attempted dual shield a couple of times. We have a LN25 at work that no one uses even though we do quite a bit of large plate welding. (my guess is lack of skilled welders rather than a bad machine) I work maintenance at a steel mill.

Thanks for your insight.

The gun is positive. About 3/4" stickout. I use that wire 10 hours a day...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

What kind of problems are ya having? I have found I like to pull a little and pause, pull a little, pause.... Never had a whole lot of luck weaving much with it. Get the heat and wire speed right, and you can lay very nice beads with little to no spatter. When welding flat, I'll lay the gun on the bottom base material and run the wire into the weld at almost horizontal, helps with rolling the bead over too much

Comment

Thanks for replies

only used the machine one time. There is no volt control, only wire speed. After much adjusting and tinkering I finally got it to run decent. That said I did not have the proper stick out which lead to trapped slag. I was using 75/25 co2 mix.

Comment

Although you can run this wire with 75/25 it runs better on CO2 which is the first recomended gas to use.
          MM250
          Trailblazer 250g
          22a feeder
          Lincoln ac/dc 225
          Victor O/A
          MM200 black face
          Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
          Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
          Arco roto-phase model M
          Vectrax 7x12 band saw
          Miller spectrum 875
          30a spoolgun w/wc-24
          Syncrowave 250
          RCCS-14

Comment

What power source are you using?
            MM250
            Trailblazer 250g
            22a feeder
            Lincoln ac/dc 225
            Victor O/A
            MM200 black face
            Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
            Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
            Arco roto-phase model M
            Vectrax 7x12 band saw
            Miller spectrum 875
            30a spoolgun w/wc-24
            Syncrowave 250
            RCCS-14

Comment

Our shop uses 75/25 with the dual shield...Bob
              Bob Wright

Comment

I have only used c25 with it. I love the wire. If I had only one wire to run, it would be this wire. You can really run with it. It will take some practice to run 1/16 vertical, but you will get the hang of it. I mostly run .045 and .052. With those two sizes I have welded upwards of 3 inches. It is at those thicker times I would switch to the 1/16. It just wasn't feesable to have 1/16 in the machine all the time due to the fact we just didn't weld thick. one weldment would be thick another would be thin. the shops I have worked for had a great variety of work.

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
                  Although you can run this wire with 75/25 it runs better on CO2 which is the first recomended gas to use.
                  co2 last much longer. Way more economical. I like this wire, run hot and fast

Comment

Working...
                  X