Xmt 304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmt 304

I have an XMT 304 displaying fault code hel p:5 after a couple of minutes of welding...It goes away after a couple of minutes with poweroff...I don't hear the fan running but it used to run without a load...anybody had this problem-solution before I open'er up...welds fine in short burst when cool...

Have you tried blowing it out with compressed air? If that doesn't help the fan motor might need to be replaced.
    hh 187.:
    powcon 300 st
    cheap chinese plasma cutter
    miller diversion :

Comment

Unfortunately help 5 means a variety of things including an over heat. The fan really doesn't come on much unless under heavy load though it can come on periodically idling, as the igbts are always switching on & off, and thus heating the heatsink up.

Now if the fan doesn't come on, it may be that a piece of dust is stopping the blades from turning, as these fan motors have pretty much zero torque

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        Unfortunately help 5 means a variety of things including an over heat. The fan really doesn't come on much unless under heavy load though it can come on periodically idling, as the igbts are always switching on & off, and thus heating the heatsink up.

Now if the fan doesn't come on, it may be that a piece of dust is stopping the blades from turning, as these fan motors have pretty much zero torque

The fan on mine runs every few minutes when in any electrode hot switched position.

Could the help code change in different selections?

-Ian
        :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

Comment

No as the fan uses "thermistors" to turn on and off. independent of which mode you are in. If I were you, I'd tightening up the output board screws. Right side board.as something is making a bit of heat

Comment

thanx will try suggestions...this problem came up suddenly about a week ago...seemeed to have started when I had a power interuption when the machine was idling (no load)

Comment

Working...
            X