Millermatic 185 Gun Length question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 185 Gun Length question?

I picked up a used Millermatic 185 and I want to swap out the gun. I did some research and the MM185 has a pretty week drive system. Do you guys think the drive system will be ok with a 12 foot M15 gun? Also what gun would you guys buy for the MM185?

I have the MM185 and the M-15 gun is perfect for it. I wanted a 12' but stayed with the 10'. I have used lots of different guns over the last 10 years in different shops and garages and i wouldn't trade my M-15 for any of them. They are tough and the parts are cheap. Just my thoughts...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
      I have the MM185 and the M-15 gun is perfect for it. I wanted a 12' but stayed with the 10'. I have used lots of different guns over the last 10 years in different shops and garages and i wouldn't trade my M-15 for any of them. They are tough and the parts are cheap. Just my thoughts...Bob
      Thanks for the info!

Do you think the drive system on the MM185 can handle a 12 foot M15 gun? Those 2 extra feet would be nice to have.

Comment

I think it will be fine with the 12'. Grab yourself a 3035 spool gun if you ever find one ...Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
          I think it will be fine with the 12'. Grab yourself a 3035 spool gun if you ever find one ...Bob
          Actually my used MM185 came with a Spoolmate 185 but I ended up selling it because I already have a Dynasty 200 DX. I really did not see myself using the spoolmate enough to keep it. After I sold the spoolmate I have around $500 in the MM185 and it came with a full 80 bottle. Check out the pics I think I got a pretty good deal. They guy said he only used it for a couple of hours. The serial number says it was made in July 2000 which I think was the last year for the MM185. I really wanted a 252 but I could not pass up the deal on the used 185. I am really glad I saved the money and bought the used 185 the only negative thing I could find about the welder was the drive system. I think if I stick with 10 lb spools and a 12 foot gun it should be fine.

The only other thing that worries me is the 185 is over 10 years old even though it was only used for a couple of hours I hope it has some good years left in it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice, mine looked that clean once. I just too use the 10# spools figured why were it out making 5,000 tacks on some of my parts but i did use the 33 pounders with no problems...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
            X