What is it that makes a machine CE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reidy01 View Post
    Nah you are right Larry he said I could go as high as 32 amps but this is in a domestic situation, he did say if I were to go to an Industrial unit I could have what I want in the way of power supply, I could even hard wire it and do away with the power point all together. My bad, I thought 15 was the biggest. Never the less I still can't run the thing at home. Sorry Cruizer the serial number off which machine mate? Ah I'm here at the moment it's LC0932925 for the CE one, the other one is LE455694, thanks for your help!
    Close on the serial# but not quite, the # is supposed to be LC093925 born as a single phase CE machine on 3/8/2002 with owners manual #359

Comment

What do you mean Cruizer?

Comment

Originally posted by kcstott View Post
        CE serial number is invalid check it again and post
        Sorry guys I've been sooo freak'n busy lately, I've got soo much to do and it doesn't help that I have no help but anyway I'll post it again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by reidy01 View Post
          Sorry guys I've been sooo freak'n busy lately, I've got soo much to do and it doesn't help that I have no help but anyway I'll post it again tomorrow.
          When you get a chance just take a Pic of the name Plate

it has all the info on it
          Last edited by Broccoli1; 06-29-2011, 08:25 AM.
          Ed Conley
          http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
          MM252
          MM211
          Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
          TA185
          Miller 125c Plasma 120v
          O/A set
          SO 2020 Bender
          You can call me Bacchus

Comment

I would say it has a 20 amp or 32 amp single phase plug on it which looks like a three phase plug but has less poles in it. One place i worked in we had a single phase mig and plasma cutter and drill etc we would run out of three phase plug but the lead had one less pole which dropped it back to single phase. That might be the answer to him thinking its three phase.

Comment

Well I finally got my machine going, well I didn't the guy that came to look at my CE machine and got it going said why don't you use the good one there the tig runner? I told him the long story and he said nah we should be able to get it going too, I said to him mate if you got that going I'd think about kissing you, but your not really my type so you should be right. He laughed and we loaded the CE unit into his truck. He phoned me a day later and he said it's fixed I'll bring it up this afternoon. He turned up hooked it up and there was a couple of little problems which he sorted out and got it going, I used it to run a couple of little beads, and it was hot so I asked if he wanted a drink? I came inside and made us a drink, I walked back out to the shed walked in and he's got the TIG runner going, man I was sooooo happy, and no I didn't kiss him. Man what a machine I love it! I looked at some two millimeter thick aluminum i turned it on its edge to test arc stability and ran a bead along the edge of it, man I was impressed! WHAT A MACHINE the torch is soooo lite and a joy to use and being water/liquid cooled it stays nice and cool. Oh the guy is South African and did his training at Miller so it turns out I had the right guy for the job.
              Last edited by reidy01; 11-14-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X