miller mig for sale under 500$????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller mig for sale under 500$????

Does anyone know where I could pick up a miller MIG welding machine for less than 500 bucks I k.ow Lincoln makes a few models for around 150 to 200$ but I prefer miller obviously please let me know feel free to email me or txt due to being in lass [email protected] or 661-414-2079

Ive never heard of a lincoln welder being that cheap unless it was used. Even then a buzz box could run you more than that. Welders are not cheap, at least the top brands. Lincoln has a basic 110 powered welder called the power MIG 140c that starts around 500 bucks. Buying it from the right source will get you the ready to weld package. In the way of a Miller your looking at a few more bucks. A MIG comparable to the Lincoln, the 140 auto-set, will run you in the 800 range. If your looking on spending under 500 and want a miller it is going to be used and it will still be hard to find. I would probly try saving a little more money before looking. Anyways, good luck..

Comment

a 500$ Lincoln in the same class is comparable in a general way to a 500$ Miller, depends on the models. Linc has made more entry level models with the box store marketing.

Comment

Actually Lincoln makes a weld 120 pack for 190 bucks and its a complete set ready to weld and I have the money but why spend more than you have to doesn't make sense to me that's why I asked

Comment

Miller doesn't offer anything in that class of a welder.

You are going to be severely limited by the Lincoln weldpak 120, can't find that exact machine but any machine that is 190 bux gonna be priced relative to its capabilities.
          Ed Conley
          http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
          MM252
          MM211
          Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
          TA185
          Miller 125c Plasma 120v
          O/A set
          SO 2020 Bender
          You can call me Bacchus

Comment

That sounds like a pretty fair price for a ready to weld set up. I was unaware they made a 120 still because they are not advertising them in there catalog. Kinda weird but sometimes they do that. Anyways, i guess it would depend on what your welding. Like Broccoli1 said, you will be severely limited. But any welder is better than no welder..

Comment

i was moping around one of the box stores, either home depot or lowes, there sat this shiney red lincoln mig, i am almost sure it was under 500, i picked it up and was amused as to how light the thing was, it was rated at 3/16" steel max, shortly after that i was in a lws who sold lincoln, there i saw was what i thought i saw at the box store until i lifted it off the shelf, much heavier, i guess lincoln makes a knock off for these companies, granted this was 3 or 4 years ago

Comment

hmm

go to your local miller dealer and ask them to see if there's anything on the demo used or refurb list they get an update once a month i think

Comment

Originally posted by kevin View Post
                  i was moping around one of the box stores, either home depot or lowes, there sat this shiney red lincoln mig, i am almost sure it was under 500, i picked it up and was amused as to how light the thing was, it was rated at 3/16" steel max, shortly after that i was in a lws who sold lincoln, there i saw was what i thought i saw at the box store until i lifted it off the shelf, much heavier, i guess lincoln makes a knock off for these companies, granted this was 3 or 4 years ago
                  Kevin,

I had a similar experience recently at home depot. I don't know, but I'm thinking the weight difference is in a much heavier duty transformer. I did not compare specs.

I used a Lincoln 120VAC MIG at a customer's site for some garage door frames, It was the home depot box version. I couldn't get the [email protected] thing to run a decent bead on an 1/8" garage door upright with 75ar/25co2 and solid .030 wire.. It ran a nice flux core bead. I made the repairs, ground the beads flush and the unit did fine. The customer had 2 of these little Lincoln Weldpaks. Neither would perform with solid wire and75/25. I tried .030" and .023" solid wire. Everything was hooked up correctly. I've been mobile for over 20 years and welding much longer than that

It "ain't much of a machine-(the Home depot box version)!

Not to be misleading. I am not brand bashing here! I have also welded with the better quality $600 Lincoln Weldpaks from my LWS and they are super little machines! iIhave owned 3 of them and had no complaints. They performed very well for that class machine, 120VAC input MIG machine, designed to easily weld 3/16" mild steel with .030" solid wire and 75ar/25co2 shielding gas.

HAWK
                  Last edited by HAWK; 05-25-2011, 09:46 PM. Reason: add content

Comment

Originally posted by kevin View Post
                    Kevin,

I had a similar experience recently at home depot. I don't know, but I'm thinking the weight difference is in a much heavier duty transformer. I did not compare specs.

I used a Lincoln 120VAC MIG at a customer's site for some garage door guide frames. It was the home depot box version. I couldn't get the [email protected] thing to run a decent bead on an 1/8" garage door upright with 75ar/25co2 and solid .030 wire. It ran a nice flux core bead. I made the repairs, ground the beads flush and the unit did fine. The customer had 2 of these little Lincoln Weldpaks. Neither would perform with solid wire and75/25. I tried .030" and .023" solid wire. Everything was hooked up correctly. I've been mobile for over 20 years and welding much longer than that

It "ain't much of a machine-(the Home depot box version)!

Not to be misleading. I am not brand bashing here! I've also welded with the better quality 600 Lincoln Weldpaks and they are super little machines! I've owned 3 of these little units over the years and loved them! Yes of course i prefer Miller, but I purchased the 3 Lincolns and saved about $600 over buying 3 similar Miller machines. that was important at the time.

HAWK
                    Last edited by HAWK; 05-25-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

The Lincoln 140 machines sold at the Box store are all the same machine- different badge and some LWS may carry a similar machine The SP140T but they usually only stock the the Power Mig 140C

The only machine that is different is the Power Mig 140C

Some LWS believe that the SP140T is a better machine because you can only purchase it the through a Welding Distributer and not at a Box Store but it is the same machine.
                      Ed Conley
                      MM252
                      MM211
                      TA185
                      Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                      O/A set
                      SO 2020 Bender
                      You can call me Bacchus

Comment

hmm

the difference in the box store and lws Lincoln's is HD and Lowe's have plastic parts vs lws versions being metal parts that's where they can knock the price down

Comment

Originally posted by umahunter View Post
                          the difference in the box store and lws Lincoln's is HD and Lowe's have plastic parts vs lws versions being metal parts that's where they can knock the price down
                          There is only one LWS model that is different: The Power Mig series

The SP series is exactly the same as the Box store models.
                          Ed Conley
                          MM252
                          MM211
                          TA185
                          Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                          O/A set
                          SO 2020 Bender
                          You can call me Bacchus

Comment

I know Home Depot...

...can only sell the LS series of John Deere lawn tractors. (I think that is the line) I also know I would never by one and they are giving John Deere a bad name. I would not be surprised if the same held for a welding machine. When these big box stores get too much power over their suppliers, bad things happen.
                            MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
                            Just For Home Projects.

Comment

The confusion over the box store models is a point Hobart should really sink their teeth into and exploit. The competition is handing them a gift with that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X