X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt hands
    replied
    Hi bishop0517,

I have your little brother - Dynasty 350 and I have gotten a similar error message.

I repositioned my leads and ground clamp location and after several tries, the error code went away.

I was testing the frequency settings and was increasing them to see the effect it had when I got the error message.

From what I have been able to read and research, when the frequency is increased, the cable insulation and ground placement becomes more critical and can wreak havoc on your tigging.

I don't know what frequency the HF start runs at ( Cruizer?) but my guess is this also has an effect on insulation and cable placement.

I use an insulation tester for neon work which emits a high frequency spark which jumps to any cracks in a cable insulation so I am guessing this "skin effect" may have a bearing on the error message

In any case, I solved my error messages by lowering the frequency and also re-arranging my leads.

With good placement of my cables, I can tig at 400 hz.

hope this helps,

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Hard to say. likely there is a glitch with your programming might want to write down your settings and reset the machine.

Leave a comment:

• bishop0517
    started a topic Dynasty 700 Advanced Wave Issues

Dynasty 700 Advanced Wave Issues

Is anyone else having an issue while running advanced wave with the 700? If I'm in Advance with an AC Freq higher than 275, I get a help 8 Code. This is the only waveform this happens with. I just want to see if this a common or rare problem before I contact a Tech.
    Thanks
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎