Pipe Fiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Fiting

Need to join a 8" 1/4 wall pipe 90 degree to form a T,I know I can keep triming to get a good fit by trial,is there a good way to mark it to start with? Thanks, MAKINGSPARKS

make a camel template from some card board, a couple of shoe boxs will have enough material to make one, not too professional, but it will do in a pinch,

Comment

Originally posted by MAKINGSPARKS View Post
      Need to join a 8" 1/4 wall pipe 90 degree to form a T,I know I can keep triming to get a good fit by trial,is there a good way to mark it to start with? Thanks, MAKINGSPARKS
      There are templets for everything.
      Are you making the T joint out of 3 pieces or 2?
      That would help to know
      Thank you for your time and consideration.
      Sincerely,
      Kent
      Welding is an art. But is also science in action. Chemistry and Physics. Got to love it.

Comment

using 2 pipes,thanks

Comment

simple! wrap a piece of cardboard or any other suitable material around the 8" pipe, tape it together, slide it off, place it 90 degrees to the pipe being welded, trim excess cardboard until it fits snuggly to pipe, when you are happy with the result, place this template on the pipe that will be cut, mark the pipe then cut away

Comment

Try this link: http://metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi
            It will let you put in your pipe dimensions and print out a coping pattern. Cut out the pattern, wrap it around your pipe, mark it and cut it!
            Miller Syncrowave 200
            Homemade Water Cooler
            130XP MIG
            Spectrum 375
            60 year old Logan Lathe
            Select Machine and Tool Mill
            More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

nice site, very interesting

Comment

hey man, just making sure i understand u correctly. r u talking about a saddle. if so there is a right way to do it. by no means saying everyone elses way is wrong. if you are going to be doin a lot of pipe work i would recommend going to your local weld shop and purchase either some templates or the Frankland book. thats the author. or the pipefitters blue book. most welding shops around here carry both. if i could remember how i would tell you but i cant. i can remember how to layout and cut the lateral but for some reason not the branch. it's been awhile, we dont make our own very often. ne way hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                X