Miller 225 g carb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 225 g carb

I have a miller 225 plus with an onan p216 engine. I have to run it with the choke out approximatly 75%. Without the choke pulled it will run high speed but rough and will die when it drops to idle speed. I removed carburetor and soaked in cleaner and reassembled it and ran two tanks with sea foam in it, didn't help. Could it be a vacuum leak? My dealer said sometimes they just have to replace the carburetor. Thanks for any help.

Sounds more like a fuel pump issue to me, as it runs on vacumn.

And I've NEVER replaced a carb yet...
    Last edited by cruizer; 04-29-2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Same thing happened to one of our 250's, small crack in the gas line, barely detectable.
      Miller Trailblazer's ( 2 )...MillerBobcat 250...Millermatic 251's ( 2 )...Miller Syncrowave 200...Miller Syncrowave 180SD...Miller 12VS Suitcases ( 2 )... Hobart Hefty CC/CV Suitcases ( 2 )...Miller 30A Spool Guns ( 2 )...Miller WC 15A Control boxes ( 2 )...Thermo Dynamics Cutmaster 50 Plasma Cutters ( 2 )...Thermo Arc Hi Freq Units ( 2 )...Smith / Victor O/A Sets...DeWalt Power Tools...Craftsman / Snap On Hand Tools... Two Dodge Mobile Rigs

Comment

Miller 225 carb

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        sounds more like a fuel pump issue to me, as it runs on vacumn.

and i've never replaced a carb yet...
        you think i need to rebuild fuel pump or just get a new one?

Comment

Miller 225 carb

Originally posted by old skool View Post
          same thing happened to one of our 250's, small crack in the gas line, barely detectable.
          i assume the cracked line was on the suction side of the fuel pump.

Comment

I usually merely plug off that vac line, and run a 3 psi universal $25 fuel pump and run the power to it off the switched side of the oil pressure switch That way if the unit runs out of oil, the switch shuts off as does the pump. And of course as soon as the unit is turned over, there is oil presuure and the pump turns on.

Comment

miller 225g carb

sounds more like the main jet in the carb is plugged, just soaking in carb cleaner won't get the gunk out of the jet. what kind of cleaner did you use?

Comment

Plugged Main Jet !

Originally posted by pullerguy View Post
                sounds more like the main jet in the carb is plugged, just soaking in carb cleaner won't get the gunk out of the jet. what kind of cleaner did you use?
                pullerguy;
                I agree with you , that's what happened to my Lincoln 185 last Oct. !
                The carb. was removed & cleaned, but the Main Jet was still plugged up.
                The tech. guy used some Fine wire , I think to clean it fully. It's worked fantastic since then !!!!!!!

..........Norm
                www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
                  pullerguy;
                  I agree with you , that's what happened to my Lincoln 185 last Oct. !
                  The carb. was removed & cleaned, but the Main Jet was still plugged up.
                  The tech. guy used some Fine wire , I think to clean it fully. It's worked fantastic since then !!!!!!!

..........Norm
                  Didn't you only buy that machine last year
                  ''True genius,in many fields of human endeaver,is often revealed in elegant simplicity"

Comment

I'm not entirely sure how this grit is getting by your gas line filter. even getting grit out of a plastic gas tank. There is really no reason to plug up your carb. Unless you don't use your unit for a year (bad gas), or never change out your fuel filter. An outback is too new to have carb problems.

I've made alot of mistakes over the last 20 years of this , but never had to take apart a carb for jet issues. alot of floats on sa200's but nothing on the Onans/Kohlers and such

Comment

cruizer, the new gas out there starts breaking down in less than twenty days after the gas gets above 70 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie View Post
                        Didn't you only buy that machine last year
                        I bought the Outback in 2009.
                        In Oct./10 it would only run with the choke pulled half way out.
                        The Tech. took it apart cleaned it in a machine of cleaner & it still didn't work properly.

He then took it apart again, put a Thin Wire throught the Main Jet, reinstalled & it ran great !!!!!!!!!

.........Norm
                        www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

225G Carb

I beleive I will check the jets again. It is not much trouble to remove carb and check them, although i ran a full tank of gas with Seafoam cleaner throught it and I have had good results using it before. The machine only has 98 hours on it and is 10 years old, so it could be carb problems.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                          X