Wireless remote controled Foot peddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless remote controled Foot peddles

Hey everyone...Its been awhile since I have been on the discussion board but I am looking for opinions about Wireless foot peddles. I demo'd Miller's peddle and I was not overly impressed...It worked some of the time. When it did work...I do admit I liked it...I want to know who has used one and what they thought. I am looking to buy up to 6 for my shop. I teach welding and fabrication to high schoolers. To make more room in my shop, I am looking to bank 6 of my machines and trying to eliminate cables to foot peddles from laying on the floor. I want to know what your experiences have been with the wireless remotes!!
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    !
    Jonesy

Jonesy, I would ask Miller if they are available on different frequencies before I went too much farther. It would really suck if the wrong pedal was in charge of the wrong machine and somebody got burned or injured. Just a thought from an old RC plane crasher that had a couple shot down from too many radios on the same channel. Hope this helps...
    Bob

Comment

Yes...every peddle is different...granted dealing with kids...I have to watch for kids switching peddles from booth to booth...I will color code my peddles to minumize the shanatigans!!
      Jonesy

Comment

First of all i would like to thank you for passing on your knowledge to high schoolers. That is where i first learned how to weld. But im no help with the wireless foot control. New technology is always scary until the bugs get worked out. But you could always go to an amproll. Its not as easy but it gets the cords off the floor.
        Linclon power mig 350MP

Comment

When you say it worked some of the time, what kind of conditions did it take for it not to work. Are you saying that just randomly it didn't work?

I by virtue of what I do don't use the remote but I know the guys who worked on that project. If there is something specific that they need to look at then let's get it functional for you. I know the testing they did, it went through the full treatment that Miller applies to any new product.

Comment

YOu had to step on the peddle a couple of times to get it to work...Once it did activate...It worked great...I teach in a shop in my school...I am trying to make my own 6 pack by stacking my machines to save space...I like the idea of wireless peddles (yes I know kids will want to switch them around to play games) My main consern is getting cords off the floor. I am prepared to buy a spool or 5 wire to legthen all of my foot peddles if I have too.
            Jonesy

Comment

Working...
            X