Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inform on Miller (MIG Gun) Aluminum Conversion Kit??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inform on Miller (MIG Gun) Aluminum Conversion Kit??????

any information about #172-136 Miller (MIG Gun) Aluminum Conversion Kit. I have 252 Millermatic with M25 MIG gun.
    I did search here and no luck. I need get information about it.

Anyone had experince with that?
    MillerMatic 211

Short term solution to a long term problem. Comes with a teflon liner and special drive rolls. The liners don't last very long.

A better solution in the long term is the spool gun.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

I used one for about 8 years at work on a Miller Deltaweld mig. It worked OK not perfect. Still had birds nests even with 1/16" wire. I went thru a few liners that wore thru...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Really, if you think of lost time, constant loss of consumable wire due to bird nesting and yanking the rest of it out the liner, and rapidly worn out drive rolls and teflon liners, as well as setting up to fail usually due to a kinked gun cable, you really should look at a spool gun.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          you really should look at a spool gun.
          Thats for sure...Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

The pain of plunking down the jack for a 30A spoolgun will only hurt until the first time you use it.

Comment

Get the 30A, I just bought one myself and it is working very well. It does take some learning to get used to MIG welding aluminum. There is a very fine line at times between too how and too cold.

-Dan
              Owner
              DW Metalworks LLC
              Miller Trailblazer 302
              Miller 8RC Feeder
              Miller Passport Plus
              Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
              Hobart Handler 135
              Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
              Smith O/A Torch Set
              Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Comment

spool gun

i bought a 30a millermatic spool gun for my trailblazer and love it if you are doing aluminum go spool the only down fall i have found is the 1lb. spool a push pull gun would be nice but for what i do i can't justify the extra cost.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyr View Post
                  the only down fall i have found is the 1lb. spool a push pull gun would be nice but for what i do i can't justify the extra cost.
                  You can get real creative and run a long nylon tube from the end of your gun and have a larger roll on a spindle with the other end of the nylon tube there. That would get rid of the little spool. Thats how my robot is at work. Just my thought...Bob

.18 cents a foot here plus some little homemade fittings. http://www.mcmaster.com/#tubing/=by46c3
                  Last edited by aametalmaster; 04-19-2011, 01:57 PM.
                  Bob Wright

Comment

slick

that's a slick idea... i never thought about that and i do not know why it would not work. it would basically make it a pull gun and if the wire was free on the other end you would not have any slipping on the gun side. i like it thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyr View Post
                      that's a slick idea... i never thought about that and i do not know why it would not work. it would basically make it a pull gun and if the wire was free on the other end you would not have any slipping on the gun side. i like it thanks
                      Yup ours at work just has a spool of wire turning on a stub. The nylon just slips into 2 brass ends that are bolted to a plate to keep the nylon in place. Easy enough to fab up. And tape the nylon to your hose/cable you already have...Bob
                      Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                        You can get real creative and run a long nylon tube from the end of your gun and have a larger roll on a spindle with the other end of the nylon tube there. That would get rid of the little spool. Thats how my robot is at work. Just my thought...Bob

.18 cents a foot here plus some little homemade fittings. http://www.mcmaster.com/#tubing/=by46c3
                        Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                        Yup ours at work just has a spool of wire turning on a stub. The nylon just slips into 2 brass ends that are bolted to a plate to keep the nylon in place. Easy enough to fab up. And tape the nylon to your hose/cable you already have...Bob
                        That s cool idea..pls post picture here. Everyone would like to see. Picture is 1000 words worth

Thanks I will order spoolgun 100 or 200 or 30 on mm252.

Where I can get McKay Maxal 52xx wires thru online order?
                        MillerMatic 211

Comment

Looking at your photos of the "muffler" (another post), I'd recommend you spend considerable time learning how to mig weld steel before you start worrying about welding aluminum.

You can have the "best tools" available, but if you don't know how to use them, they're useless.
                          Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200 DX
                          Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                          Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                          Hobart HH187
                          Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                          Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                          Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                          PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                          Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                          Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                          More grinders than hands

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                            Looking at your photos of the "muffler" (another post), I'd recommend you spend considerable time learning how to mig weld steel before you start worrying about welding aluminum. True!!!!

You can have the "best tools" available, but if you don't know how to use them, they're useless.
                            Are you complaining on my posts? I ask for some help.
                            I agree with you about "useless". If I don't improve on welding, I would sell it anyway.

Do you know what forum here for?
                            Last edited by Ls2cam; 04-21-2011, 10:44 AM.
                            MillerMatic 211

Comment

Originally posted by Ls2cam View Post
                              That s cool idea..pls post picture here. Everyone would like to see. Picture is 1000 words worth

Thanks I will order spoolgun 100 or 200 or 30 on mm252.

Where I can get McKay Maxal 52xx wires thru online order?
                              Why 52XX wire? 5356 us the common 5XXXX series wire and I would stay away from that unless you must. 4043 would be the wire to get, just about any decent local welding supply should be able to get you some.

-Dan
                              Owner
                              DW Metalworks LLC
                              Miller Trailblazer 302
                              Miller 8RC Feeder
                              Miller Passport Plus
                              Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
                              Hobart Handler 135
                              Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
                              Smith O/A Torch Set
                              Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Comment

Working...
                              X