Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

response to Cory151

In response to Cory151 .
    When Cory filled out the web order, he did not supply the right address. We shipped to the address provided in the order, and found out through UPS, that
    it was not a correct address. After calling Cory, he relayed the right address
    and we corrected it with UPS. This was relayed to Cory as well once we corrected
    it on our internal computer system.
    Cory did in fact order a MM211, which weighs 86 lbs, and wanted it 2ND day air.
    Something we do not do, since that adds to damage of the machine in the process of shipping. I (Brant) was only looking out for the customer and did
    not want to see the machine damaged in transit. The charges alone to zip
    code 92107, residental, were $ 345.00, per UPS GROUND! More then the list
    at the local Miller supply house..
    Thank you to our loyal customers for the comments as well. Seeing how I(Brant) am 36, and have been in this business for 18 years, just wanted to see Cory
    receive a undamaged machine.
    Brant

Originally posted by Cory151 View Post
    Well I just ordered the 211 from Cyberweld because of BR Weldings customer service (or lack there of). I asked 3 times for my address to be corrected on there site without it ever happening. Both my TIG and my helmet did not get delivered on time because this was never corrected. I had to drive 18 miles on Friday to pick up my new Miller helmet.

When you call up there youll get a nicer lady who willl emmediatly transfer you to "the guy" if youve ever had to call up there you know the one Im talking about. The one that talks to you like hes doing the job of 4 people and doesnt have time to talk to you like a person.

I let him know for the 3rd time I wanted my address corrected on the website and without avail he told me it would be ( just like last time). I went ahead and placed the order online like I did for my Diversion and Helmet, accept this time I called back to see if it would ship today. He said hed fax the order to Miller and no he doesnt offer 2 day air for MIGs. i asked what address he was giving Miller and of course it was the wrong address he faxed them.........

I told him to cancel my order andI asked him why he didnt change the address he said he couldnt change it online.....and neither can the customer, I then asked if hes recognizing the same shortfall in the system that I am and he abruptly hung up.

Just a heads up when dealing with companies that seem to value the all mighty dollar over ALL else.

Comment

Cory,

The more you post, the more convinced I am that you're just an irritating little pest.

"Cyberweld wouldn't give me 2 day air". LMAO

You spend days asking on an internet forum (WW) whether you should buy a mig or a plasma cutter, and then get pi$$ed that the retailer doesn't pay big bucks to get you a machine in two days. Did you miss out on a big contract because you didn't have a mig machine in your basement?

Did you come on the boards to learn welding or just to pi$$ and moan about how people are not willing to kiss your azz.

PS. You don't have to worry about my "spirit" being broken. Just never had much time for whiners.
      Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200 DX
      Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
      Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
      Hobart HH187
      Dialarc 250 AC/DC
      Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
      Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
      PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
      Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
      Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
      More grinders than hands

Comment

Originally posted by brwelder View Post
        In response to Cory151 .
        When Cory filled out the web order, he did not supply the right address. We shipped to the address provided in the order, and found out through UPS, that
        and we corrected it with UPS. This was relayed to Cory as well once we corrected
        Something we do not do, since that adds to damage of the machine in the process of shipping. I (Brant) was only looking out for the customer and did
        Thank you to our loyal customers for the comments as well. Seeing how I(Brant) am 36, and have been in this business for 18 years, just wanted to see Cory
        Brant
        Holy [email protected],

It costs $345 to deliver an 86 lb package via UPS ground? How do you make any money?

Why is it UPS 2nd day air causes more damage than UPS ground?
        Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
        3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
        Miller Dynasty200DX
        ThermalArc 400 GTSW
        MillerMatic350P
        MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
        MKCobraMig260
        Lincoln SP-170T
        Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
        Hypertherm 1250
        Hypertherm 800
        PlasmaCam CNC cutter
        Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
        SiberHegner CNC Mill
        2 ea. Bridgeport
        LeBlond 15" Lathe
        Haberle 18" Cold Saw
        Doringer 14" Cold Saw
        6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
          Holy [email protected],

It costs $345 to deliver an 86 lb package via UPS ground? How do you make any money?

Why is it UPS 2nd day air causes more damage than UPS ground?
          because it gets dropped outta da plane first and then dropped outta truck
          Ed Conley
          http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
          MM252
          MM211
          Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
          TA185
          Miller 125c Plasma 120v
          O/A set
          SO 2020 Bender
          You can call me Bacchus

Comment

In response to Cory151 .
            Brant
            Two sides to every story.
            MM250
            Trailblazer 250g
            22a feeder
            Lincoln ac/dc 225
            Victor O/A
            MM200 black face
            Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
            Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
            Arco roto-phase model M
            Vectrax 7x12 band saw
            Miller spectrum 875
            30a spoolgun w/wc-24
            Syncrowave 250
            RCCS-14

Comment

For what it is worth... I have had nothing but good experience with the folks at B&R over the last several years... they have always been helpful and polite... they are not my only supplier but are at the top of my list... sounds like maybe there may have been a misunderstanding somewhere in this chain of events..
              Hope this helps
              Heiti

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

In response to Cory151 .
                Brant

This is where we can separate fact from fiction,

1) At no time did BR call me, I had to call them when I received a postcard from UPS.

2) Also the guy I spoke to didn't have "time" to look up that price on 2day air for me he simply said "we dont offer it, on that machine." Besides that BS about UPS damaging it simply because its 2 Day Air, is just that BS. I called UPS customer service and talked to Andrew 1-800-PICK-UPS and he said that just isn't true, and furthermore if UPS damages something the shipper is responsible for a very limited $ amount and its UPS that ends up paying for damages if it was broken in shipping.

3) The reason I wrote this is because BR REFUSED TO CHANGE A WRONG ADDRESS THAT HAD BEEN BROUGHT TO THERE ATTENTION 3 TIMES. Thats it, I could care less about the attitude the guy had or the shipping. It comes down to customer service.

Comment

Suckdown--------

You got robots running that shop? How are you making anything while your teardrops are hitting a keyboard over my posts all day?

You better get out in that shed boy and start cookin some metal!!! LOL!

Comment

Cory,

What is your motivation for slandering a company (a well established one at that) on an open internet forum?

We have all had less than stellar service from many companies, large and small, from time to time. Every shop has a bad day.

It's unfortunate that your expectations were not met. It's also unfortunate that you feel compelled to get into arguments with forum members who have had fine service from BR, or IOC, Cyberweld, and whoever else you shopped around with. Finally, you ended up buying from your local welding shop, whose name you did not mention. This is the second BR bashing thread you started.
                    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ing-Supply-FTW!!

Your trying to tell us you don't want to "come off as a complainer". Are you getting the picture why maybe, just maybe, someone calls BS?

Why this is in "welding discussions" is beyond rational thinking.

-Ian
                    :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

Comment

In response to Cory151 .
                      Brant
                      I've always had good luck with every online welding supply including B R.
                      Last edited by Rig Hand; 04-07-2011, 09:45 PM.
                      '08 F-350
                      Vantage 400
                      SA-250
                      SA-200
                      Invertec V350Pro
                      Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
                      Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
                      Track torch

Comment

That a good question..... How did we get here? Well it should be clear at this point I have no hidden agenda, I dont sell welders, no conspiracy theory etc. just a guy with some hobbies. You'll notice I never attacked Cyberweld or Indiana Oxygen, and thats mostly because they didn't treat me like I was subhuman on the phone. So I posted a thread to maybe give some guys a heads up. I simply stated what happened to me and someone made the educated statement "I call B.S. on this thread."

So someone who wasn't on the phone when I was trying to place an order with BR claims they know what happened, and I don't. Thats really all it comes down to someone saying your word is no good. In the Wal Mart society we live in I expect my accusations that they refused to correct a simple wrong address and that I was treated with hostile cross examination by BR Welding to fall on deaf ears, especially when price is king. But brother you have got to know that Im not just making stuff up here, trust me, do you really think I would waste multiple days talking about it if it weren't true. Believe me when I say I would not be wasting your time or mine. **** I got my 211 cheaper local and I love the machine, but as the saying goes "you treat me good, Ill treat you better, you treat me bad, I'll treat you worse."

Comment

This thread should just go away. It serves no purpose at this point.
                          MM250
                          Trailblazer 250g
                          22a feeder
                          Lincoln ac/dc 225
                          Victor O/A
                          MM200 black face
                          Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
                          Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
                          Arco roto-phase model M
                          Vectrax 7x12 band saw
                          Miller spectrum 875
                          30a spoolgun w/wc-24
                          Syncrowave 250
                          RCCS-14

Comment

UPS damage - the truth

I will be glad to post the information that was filled out by you(Cori), in which
                            you did in fact place down the wrong address. So if you got a machine by someone
                            else, that fine, you got a machine and can weld. For you to keep going on about
                            the same thing, sounds like high school games.
                            For anyone that ships UPS, if you do not insure, they give you $100.00 max
                            toward all damages. So we the shipper eat the rest of the cost, so that is why we
                            will not ship out heavy packages express. For you (Cori) to say UPS said that is
                            again you making false statements. All business persons on here, who have made
                            claims know that UPS always wins on the claims and we are left with the bill.
                            As for the address change! Maybe you misread the last message, or just like
                            to further spill the truth. It was correct in our main computer. The web site cannot since you (Cori), set up the password. But the truth is it was fixed the first
                            time, relayed to you as such. I mentioned it to you on the phone, and then you blamed me for entering the information wrong on our web site! Funny, we at B&R
                            did not enter your web order, you did. So we are getting blamed for your mistake?
                            Yes it does come to customer service, very true. But again when we(B&R), Cyberweld, or all the others, ship, we relay on the information given in the customers profile. True or not!
                            ***On another note to all Diversion buyers, Miller is increasing prices on both models as of May 1, 2011. They forgot to increase price in the newest update.***

1) At no time did BR call me, I had to call them when I received a postcard from UPS.

2) Also the guy I spoke to didn't have "time" to look up that price on 2day air for me he simply said "we dont offer it, on that machine." Besides that BS about UPS damaging it simply because its 2 Day Air, is just that BS. I called UPS customer service and talked to Andrew 1-800-PICK-UPS and he said that just isn't true, and furthermore if UPS damages something the shipper is responsible for a very limited $ amount and its UPS that ends up paying for damages if it was broken in shipping.

3) The reason I wrote this is because BR REFUSED TO CHANGE A WRONG ADDRESS THAT HAD BEEN BROUGHT TO THERE ATTENTION 3 TIMES. Thats it, I could care less about the attitude the guy had or the shipping. It comes down to customer service.

Comment

UPS damage - the truth

I will be glad to post the information that was filled out by you(Cori), in which
                              you did in fact place down the wrong address. So if you got a machine by someone
                              else, that fine, you got a machine and can weld. For you to keep going on about
                              the same thing, sounds like high school games.
                              For anyone that ships UPS, if you do not insure, they give you $100.00 max
                              toward all damages. So we the shipper eat the rest of the cost, so that is why we
                              will not ship out heavy packages express. For you (Cori) to say UPS said that is
                              again you making false statements. All business persons on here, who have made
                              claims know that UPS always wins on the claims and we are left with the bill.
                              As for the address change! Maybe you misread the last message, or just like
                              to further spill the truth. It was correct in our main computer. The web site cannot since you (Cori), set up the password. But the truth is it was fixed the first
                              time, relayed to you as such. I mentioned it to you on the phone, and then you blamed me for entering the information wrong on our web site! Funny, we at B&R
                              did not enter your web order, you did. So we are getting blamed for your mistake?
                              Yes it does come to customer service, very true. But again when we(B&R), Cyberweld, or all the others, ship, we relay on the information given in the customers profile. True or not!
                              ***On another note to all Diversion buyers, Miller is increasing prices on both models as of May 1, 2011. They forgot to increase price in the newest update.***

Comment

BR Welding...

Sorry, as a daily lurker for many months now, I feel compelled to chime in on behalf of BR. I have had exceptional service with them on several occasions. They have been timely with sales shipments, responsive to subsequent *stupid* inquiries, and very helpful/timely in exchanges. Their prices are good, though I concede price isn't everything.

The previous accolades relate to separate transactions made over the past year, and I would not consider myself a big-buck customer; just a Passport & plasma cutter, plus a few other items. I'm not even going into the responsive e-mails and phone calls that resulted from a no-sales-prospect inquiry.

In context - everyone has a right to utilize public communication as they choose - and I choose to publish the excellent *experiences*, plural, that *I've* received from BR. I'd like to consider myself a logical guy, so one thread, from one person, about one negative experience should be taken lightly, compared to several positive ones, from several people, over several transactions. Prospective new customers should not be overly concerned by this thread.

No offense to you, OP. I don't know what occurred. I only know what my experiences have been, and I think it's only fair to post the positive, if someone alleges the negative.

Safe trips guys,
                                Dave Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X