B R Welding Poor Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B R Welding Poor Customer Service

Well I just ordered the 211 from Cyberweld because of BR Weldings customer service (or lack there of). I asked 3 times for my address to be corrected on there site without it ever happening. Both my TIG and my helmet did not get delivered on time because this was never corrected. I had to drive 18 miles on Friday to pick up my new Miller helmet.

When you call up there youll get a nicer lady who willl emmediatly transfer you to "the guy" if youve ever had to call up there you know the one Im talking about. The one that talks to you like hes doing the job of 4 people and doesnt have time to talk to you like a person.

I let him know for the 3rd time I wanted my address corrected on the website and without avail he told me it would be ( just like last time). I went ahead and placed the order online like I did for my Diversion and Helmet, accept this time I called back to see if it would ship today. He said hed fax the order to Miller and no he doesnt offer 2 day air for MIGs. i asked what address he was giving Miller and of course it was the wrong address he faxed them.........

I told him to cancel my order andI asked him why he didnt change the address he said he couldnt change it online.....and neither can the customer, I then asked if hes recognizing the same shortfall in the system that I am and he abruptly hung up.

Just a heads up when dealing with companies that seem to value the all mighty dollar over ALL else.

This is good info people need to look for before purchace.

Good stories also help people find a good place to purchace.
    Kemppi Pro Evolution 4200
    Kemppi 530 wire feed with MXE panel
    Kemppi ProCool ( coming soon)
    Cigweld TransMig 210se
    Cigweld TransTig 200 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PowerMax45
    CutSkill O/A setup
    Speedglas 9000x adflow
    Speedglas 9100xx

Comment

Yeah i hate to come off as a complainer but nearly $3,000 last month in Miller welding equipment and all I was asking for is that my stuff be sent to the correct address. The guy was really argumentative too.

Comment

Must be the same guy I talked to. I called the store Asking for info on a certain item . Then I told him to place the order He told me I would have to order online or he would charge me more money if he took my info That was the end of BR for me.

Comment

My expierence was pretty good, I chit chatted with "The Guy" for a few minutes about spool guns and why my order didn't show up on the order page as processed. He told me he had 4 guns Fri and got 9 orders Fri. He was shipping them in the order received. Sounds reasonable to me.

My experience was good so I will keep using B R if they have the best price.

Mark

Comment

Many younger people today have NO social skills .

Many times when you make a call to these online businesses and you say something and then you wait for an acknowledgement of your statement, there is no feed back at all.
            "I was calling today to place an order for something I saw on your webpage, and thought your company had a good selection".....NO response. DEAD SPACE...
            YOU- "I was waiting for a response is all." THEM- Did you want to order something?

They do not know how to have a conversation because they grew up with the internet. All they do is say yes,or no. Thats it. IT is like pulling teeth.

Comment

I call BS to this thread.

We're only hearing one side of the picture.

My experience with BR Welding has been just the opposite from the OP's. I have always found them to be responsive and helpful. The owner's son, Brant, is probably the guy the OP spoke to.

Yes, he's busy (they're also a brick and mortar store with a full service dept), and probably doesn't have time for a bunch of "small talk", but every time I've delt with them on techinal issues, they've been responsive and helpful. Just recently, they walked me thru the process of converting one of my Bernard guns over for use on a Hobart machine.

Sorry that the OP had a "bad experience", but my dealings (more than 10 transactions) have always been very positive.
              Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200 DX
              Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
              Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
              Hobart HH187
              Dialarc 250 AC/DC
              Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
              Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
              PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
              Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
              Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
              More grinders than hands

Comment

I had exactly one conversation with BR. He was very truthful about being able to get a back ordered machine for me. He easily could of fed me a line about getting it sooner & got my money but he didn't. This is the first bad thing I have heard about them.
                MM250
                Trailblazer 250g
                22a feeder
                Lincoln ac/dc 225
                Victor O/A
                MM200 black face
                Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
                Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
                Arco roto-phase model M
                Vectrax 7x12 band saw
                Miller spectrum 875
                30a spoolgun w/wc-24
                Syncrowave 250
                RCCS-14

Comment

One time deal, maybe?

Yea, I got to disagree as well. I've had several completed transactions with BR and no issues. Even the one time I tried to get a particular hood from them (an Optrel e680) they immediately told me they didn't have it in the color I wanted and that they couldn't get it for some time. Thery actually refered me to another dealer. Every body has bad days. Maybe there is another side to this tale.
                  Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

Hey Sundown, how do you start a response with "I call BS on this thread" then end it with an apology about the poor service I Received? Your opinion as a man has more weight if you can pick a **** side.

Ok little update, my local welding store sold it to me the 211 for $1,008.67 and they cut me a deal on a bottle with MIG mix and I didn't have to wait for UPS.

As far as BR is concerned I'm simply putting it out there what happened to me, I could care less what anybody else does with thier money. Everyone here is free to form thier own opinion of the situation I'm simply giving one mans experince.

Comment

I've only had one dealing with B&R and it was with what sounded like a senior (older than I) person. Very pleasant, honest, and considering how much (or little) money they made off that sale he had infinite patience with me.

As for customer service. The rules that they don't tell the young folk are as follows:
                      1) the Customer is dissatisfied enough that they bothered to call - like they had nothing better to do. Immediately take responsibility. Don't say it was temporary help, or you "fired that guy" etc. "We are sorry it happened. We will make sure it doesn't happen again"
                      2) Fix the problem. Sometimes you can't fix it to everyone satisfaction, such is life, but bend over backwards to do so and if necessary even point the guy at a competitor who has it "in stock". <= this act alone tells the customer that you are in it for them.
                      3) Make sure the customer comes back.... and comes back ASAP. Throw him discount on the next purchase etc. Next 30 days if you need. Coupons are good, a mark on the account is better.

Another version:
                      http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/cus...tservrules.htm
                      Con Fuse!
                      Miller Dynasty 350
                      Millermatic 350P
                      -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
                      Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
                      Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Comment

Cory,

You come on the forum with your half dozen posts and bash a company many experienced members of the forum have had excellent service from.

In another of your posts you mention that you were going to buy from BR because they had the "dirtiest deals" of all the places you'd contacted.

Then you say you didn't order from BR because they didn't change your address. Who gave them the wrong address in the first place? I've had goods from BR shipped to three different addresses (home, work and another business) and the order always got where it was supposed to.

Last fall I was converting a Bernard Q200 mig gun over to use on my Hobart 187. The Bernard originally had the Miller back end. I called BR and spoke to Bob (think that's the owner). We discussed the parts changeover in length. Came down to a couple parts that neither of us were too sure about. His response was, "Why don't I ship you several different options, try them, see if they work, and send back the parts you don't need. Then I'll bill you for what you keep." That, folks is great customer service.

Not only are they an internet store, they are also a brick and mortar local welding supply company with a full service department. They are a Miller service facility, with trained techs on staff. Try finding that with most internet sellers.

In another post of your's you come on the board and ask about whether you should buy a M211 or a plasma cutter. Really. You need someone else to tell you what you need to get things done in YOUR shop.

Maybe Brant (probably the "young guy" you spoke to) just didn't have time to put up with your ramblings. Personally, I can understand his feelings precisely. I've had people come in my shop and tell me how to do a job or how much it should cost. You know what. I tell them if they already know how to do it and are willing to do it for that price, they should go do it, because it's not going to get done here.

As I said in my previous post, we're only hearing "your side" of the discussion, and that side is the same guy asking others what he needs in his own shop. Your portrayal seems very counter to all my dealings with them.

PS. Went back and read your last post.

Just confirmed my original feelings. BR "blew you off" because you got to be a whining little pest who was looking for something for nothing. This thread started with you were buying from Cyberweld because "BR did you wrong". Now we hear you bought the machine from your LWS because they "threw you a deal". What happened to Cyberweld? Wouldn't they get "dirty" enough for you?
                        Last edited by SundownIII; 04-06-2011, 11:01 PM.
                        Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200 DX
                        Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                        Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                        Hobart HH187
                        Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                        Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                        Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                        PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                        Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                        Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                        More grinders than hands

Comment

Hey Sundown ,

Man I dont know how you balance all that work in your shop with having to respond to Cory151's post? Is this not an advice forum? Have you ever asked advice on here, or were you born knowing it all. And by "my shop" do you mean my basement? Who cares if I have one post, or 1,000 posts, crappy customer service is crappy customer service. You can site all the past post you want and all your past experience with how amazing of a reach around deal you got from BR,but this is my thread. The title states "BR Welding Poor Customer Service." Perhaps you could make your own about how great they are. All I do know is the more you keep responding the more people are gonna know where you can play customer service roulette.

Lastly, I could tell from you initial response that someone has broken your will a long time ago. Confidence in your convictions is a valued trait in men for which sir, I can tell, you do not possess.

I hope you have a very good day by the way.

Comment

Oh and if you must know Cyberweld could not offer 2nd Day Air

Comment

Maybe Brant (probably the "young guy" you spoke to) just didn't have time to put up with your ramblings. Personally, I can understand his feelings precisely. I've had people come in my shop and tell me how to do a job or how much it should cost. You know what. I tell them if they already know how to do it and are willing to do it for that price, they should go do it, because it's not going to get done here.

I don't mean to keep this thread going because I believe if you don't like it, then go somewhere ....ITS LIFE AND ITS HUMAN.... But that is 100% true about telling me how to do a job for you that you have no clue that aluminum is more expensive then steel but you say aluminum is lighter so it must be cheaper

Thank you
                              SundownIII

Comment

Working...
                              X