No announcement yet.

snap on muscle mig mm250sl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont regret my snap on mig. mm250sl i think i got for $2200 6 months 0 interest. mm252 with remote feeder is going for how much? 252 is a better machine but yes it does cost more.

never had an issue with the machine but the web site says that they pride themselves on stocking parts on every item they produce for over 4 decades. dont have to buy special tips that cost 5 dollars either.

would i purchase a snap on welder again? no.i want another brand at home but im thinking im going to have to wait ten years or so for this machine to give up the ghost.

whats the matter with the wire feeder?
    Attached Files

Comment

Never really had many problems with the wire feeder itself, they actually run quite well, its the transformer power source that drives it is the problem. Caused me alot of headaches.

Comment

I must be really lucky...My Snap On guy still knows nothing about welding, but he knows when a shop wants to off their old equip to come talk to me. I picked up a MM251, with flowmeter, and a few extra consumables for around 1600. Its nice to have a heavier machine than my MM180.

Also on the truck account. So 0 interest, and because I have a habit of dropping large amounts of cash on his truck, I get a bunch of free stuff from time to time too. I have mugs, hats, jackets, free tickets to events...all in all, not a bad deal.
        Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Comment

Hey guys is someone who now is it possible do stick weld with snap on 250 muscle or with snap on 212 thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tamal View Post
            Hey guys is someone who now is it possible do stick weld with snap on 250 muscle or with snap on 212 thanks
            Nope. You need a CC machine. Migs are CV...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
            X