millerbobcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• millerbobcat

i have a 1997 millerbobcat 225g plus that i need a motor for dose eneybody no wher i can get one

miller bobcat

it has a onan 16 hp witha threaded shaft

Comment

What's wrong with the one currently on the unit?

For parts, member onanparts.com (TJ) http://onanparts.com/ can get you any and all parts for that P216G that you'll need for a rebuild.

Mind saying where your location is?
      MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
      *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
      *HF-251D-1
      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
      PakMaster 100XL
      Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
      http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

It's a long story, but I bought it at an auction last year and it ran fine, but a little funny. This year it stopped running so I took the motor apart, and someone had blocked off the intake and exhaust ports to make it a single cylinder. The right side piston exploded inside blowing out the head and bending the crank, somehow it still ran on one cylinder, all the piston parts were laying in the oil pan. So I don't think I will be able to rebuild it. I was wondering if i could buy a new one, or if i can put a different brand motor on it.

Comment

The threaded crank is the kicker. It's a Miller exclusive. There was a seller that had a bunch available on ebay a while back (not there now) for an 18hp but that would require different rods too in addition to the new piston(s) and everything else.

You could give a call to member weldersales (Larry Burross) of Applied Equipment in Dallas who may have a used unit available or know the whereabouts of one.

Larry Burross
          Applied Equipment, Inc.
          2515 Cartwright St.
          Dallas, Tx 75212

214-630-9353 phone
          214-630-9354 fax
          888-630-9353 toll-free
          214-577-9353 cell
          786-629-9353 computer
          Email: [email protected]
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          *HF-251D-1
          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
          PakMaster 100XL

Comment

thank ill give that a try

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
              The threaded crank is the kicker. It's a Miller exclusive.
              Maybe you could use a different engine and have someone make an adaptor between the crank and the gen thats threaded. Just my thoughts...Bob
              Bob Wright

Comment

Definately not going to say it isn't possible but as the almost 3" crank stub screws into the rotor and the rotor butts almost right up to the seal area, a crank adapter would require spacing the stator housing away from the engine several inches which, while doable, would present its own challenges.
                Syncrowave 180 SD
                *HF-251D-1
                *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                PakMaster 100XL

Comment

I thought I saw bobcat retrofitted with a honda 20 horse v twin

Hello guys, I recall seeing a bobcat retrofitted with a Honda V twin in the 18 to 20 hp range, I cant recall which it was exactly. The stock Onan pooped out and the guy had an adaptor collar made somewhere because he wanted to get the Honda reliability. I remember it was an older unit that did not have the totally enclosed sheet metal and the engine was not covered. I know that a while back the Lincoln ranger 8 or 9 (not sure ) was offered with a Honda as well. Dunno if it crossed applications.
                  I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

Comment

I know one thing if it was sitting in front of me i could get it going with another brand of motor and my metal lathe...Bob
                    Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by sturugged View Post
                      Hello guys, I recall seeing a bobcat retrofitted with a Honda V twin in the 18 to 20 hp range, I cant recall which it was exactly. The stock Onan pooped out and the guy had an adaptor collar made somewhere because he wanted to get the Honda reliability. I remember it was an older unit that did not have the totally enclosed sheet metal and the engine was not covered. I know that a while back the Lincoln ranger 8 or 9 (not sure ) was offered with a Honda as well. Dunno if it crossed applications.
                      Miller switched to the threaded crank in the mid-90s and the earlier Miller/Onans had a stubby tappered output and an adapter plate that would be easier for a re-power.

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                      I know one thing if it was sitting in front of me i could get it going with another brand of motor and my metal lathe...Bob
                      Yup, no doubt about it in my mind. Just saying the engine adapter-to-stator housing spacer would pose the biggest challenge for most people without access to right material and lathe or mill.
                      Syncrowave 180 SD
                      *HF-251D-1
                      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                      PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post

Yup, no doubt about it in my mind. Just saying the engine adapter-to-stator housing spacer would pose the biggest challenge for most people without access to right material and lathe or mill.
                        Yup thats true. And if i knew how and what to make i could mail it. But i have neither the welder or an engine to look at...Bob
                        Bob Wright

Comment

sometimes you can find lawn tactors with 16hp onans like johndeer...as long as you have a good crank you could swap out...might be somethin you could look into
                          Bobcat225g plus
                          8VS suitcase feeder
                          Syncrowave SD180
                          Miller CP250-TS S-52A Feeder
                          Lincoln SP100 mig
                          14x40 engine lathe
                          bridgeport mill
                          torch, plasma cutter, grinders, drills, and all that stuff

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                            Yup thats true. And if i knew how and what to make i could mail it. But i have neither the welder or an engine to look at...Bob
                            If mine was still apart I'd get you some dims and drawings but I'm afraid it's staying together for now.
                            Syncrowave 180 SD
                            *HF-251D-1
                            *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                            PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Originally posted by big joes welding View Post
                              It's a long story, but I bought it at an auction last year and it ran fine, but a little funny. This year it stopped running so I took the motor apart, and someone had blocked off the intake and exhaust ports to make it a single cylinder. The right side piston exploded inside blowing out the head and bending the crank, somehow it still ran on one cylinder, all the piston parts were laying in the oil pan. So I don't think I will be able to rebuild it. I was wondering if i could buy a new one, or if i can put a different brand motor on it.
                              So you bought it an at auction sale- how cheap? If it was me I think I'd part it out or try to sell it "as is" to one of those above mentioned parts suppliers.

Comment

Working...
                              X