Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Sporty
    replied
    My 211 and 375 also sit on the same cart with gravity holding them down. I've pulled this from my shop to the front of my house through the grass with great effort, and nothing moved.

Think about bolting it down. If you do and the need arises to move the 211, you have to take the cover off, unbolt the welder, and then put the cover back on. Then when you're done with your project, reverse the process. Seems like a bunch of work to me for little gain.

But, it's your welder, your cart, and your decision. I just related what works for me. YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• Larwyn
    replied
    Both my MM180 and my little 375 Extreme plasma cutter are held in place on the cart by gravity alone. Neither of them have ever given any sign of wanting to float away. I did put slightly larger wheels on the factory cart that came with the 180. I also built a frame addition in order to piggyback the plasma on the same cart. I intended this setup to be temporary but it has worked fine for so long now I do not see any point on wasting time and material building something "better"......
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CartMods.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	511534

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    replied
    Trees

Jim, I havn't looked yet, the weather lady said 3-5'' of rain this week. I hope to have the arc done by the end of the week, when the flood starts.

To the OP I have my plasma tied down with big zip ties. That's only temporary, until I build a proper cart.

Good Luck,
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• jbmprods
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Miller View Post
    You could put rubber feet on it. Some have tapped holes already there.
    Or a piece of rubber matt and some kind of belt or strap to hold it down.
    Or bolt it down.
    Good Luck,
    Bob
    i bolted my 175 down to keep it securely mounted in case of tip over. my plasma cutter i strapped down since i didn't have to open the side door.

hey Bob you got your ark built yet. i lost a butt load of trees in the wind last night.

Leave a comment:

• JohnJohn
    replied
    Thanks for the responces. I wanted to make sure i was not missing a part. I had some rubber mat so i cut a peice to fit the top tray. Now the welder stays put but i may ad bolts as well.
    Good tip on the larger wheels.

I have been using a SnapOn 110v MIG for a few years on loan from a friend. He is moving so I got my own and went for the 211 upgrade. It sure is sweet. Now i need to run my 240v outlet.

Also need a 240v extension cord and i will be all set.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    replied
    Rubber Feet

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
    Just picked up a Miller 211 to make my rock crawler and love it. I got it on sale and it came with a standard cart. The welder slides around on the cart. Is the 211 suposed to have rubber feet on the bottom or am I suposed to take the welder apart to access the holes inthe bottom and bolt it to the cart?
    You could put rubber feet on it. Some have tapped holes already there.
    Or a piece of rubber matt and some kind of belt or strap to hold it down.
    Or bolt it down.
    Good Luck,
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob Miller; 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• iceman8
    replied
    Definately fasten your machine to the cart. Another thing you might consider as a useful option, is to remove the tiny wheels on the cart, replace them with something a bit larger/softer so as to move it a bit easier over rough terrain in the yard, gravel driveways and such. The wheels on most new carts of late are smaller and good for a perfectly flat shop floor only.

I did all that (above) to both my smaller machines then recently got a Passport Plus. Should have bought it long ago, great grab and go rig.

Leave a comment:

• JohnJohn
    started a topic 211 ruber feet?

211 ruber feet?

Just picked up a Miller 211 to make my rock crawler and love it. I got it on sale and it came with a standard cart. The welder slides around on the cart. Is the 211 suposed to have rubber feet on the bottom or am I suposed to take the welder apart to access the holes inthe bottom and bolt it to the cart?
Working...
X