Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller syncrowave 350 unstable and intermitent ac arc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller syncrowave 350 unstable and intermitent ac arc.

Recently purchased a syncrowave 350 tested it and it was ok a frind came by to practice tigging aluminum then he called me and said the arc became unstable and intermitent. DC works fine AC is looneytunes!!!! Please Help got a big aluminum gig coming next week.

Make sure the HF is set to continuous.

Check the point gap for the HF. (Covered in the owners manual)

Try stick welding in AC.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Comment

Originally posted by El Guanche View Post
      Recently purchased a syncrowave 350 tested it and it was ok a frind came by to practice tigging aluminum then he called me and said the arc became unstable and intermitent. DC works fine AC is looneytunes!!!! Please Help got a big aluminum gig coming next week.
      Depending on the machine, i turn the ac balance way up for aluminum somewhere between 6-8, it seems to help the tungsten especially with welding thicker aluminum.. we have a bunch of syncrowave 250s at work.. make sure your using clean tungsten and your material is properly grounded, and your material is nice and clean if you can. A stainless steel brush helps as ong as you only use it for aluminum and dont cross contaminate. like Sundown said make sure high frequency is on continous!
      Last edited by blown99gt; 03-09-2011, 01:21 AM.

Comment

you got it right forgot hf button set to contiuous. haha!!! novice mistake

Comment

Working...
        X