Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Branscom
    replied
    BTW..Mike, How many of those were required? A thousand?

Leave a comment:

• davedarragh
    replied
    "Out to Lunch?"

Originally posted by reggie View Post
    our truckdriving buddy...he is the guy to ask for this "out to lunch" never need to know info.
    Reggie: You've been missed. Haven't gotta clue what this guy is asking, and frankly, don't care. Got better things to do these days.........

Leave a comment:

• reggie
    replied
    Have to jump in on this,as SDIII said "BS question"".A while back I was asked to answer a BS question of this realm of" rocket science"(as JSFAB later stated) from our truckdriving buddy.The weight of a weld cross section...he is the guy to ask for this "out to lunch" never need to know info.If your here asking questions,that level of fabrication is over your head....

Leave a comment:

• Donald Branscom
    replied
    Originally posted by mikejmu View Post
    Thanks a lot. My dad and I were trying to figure it out together. He's pretty old, but he used to do a lot of welding. I'm a beginner.

Thanks again!
    You need a drawing or blueprint. Also if you design the part yourself of coarse it will have to be tested for its intended purpose. Lives could be at stake.
    Last edited by Donald Branscom; 02-17-2011, 02:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mikejmu
    replied
    Originally posted by old but new View Post
    what`s the reason for the question ? curious, commercial reward, bored and want something to do ? pre bid ? What will you do with the info ? If it`s pre bid you are in trouble already.

old but new
    Thanks a lot. My dad and I were trying to figure it out together. He's pretty old, but he used to do a lot of welding. I'm a beginner.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• old but new
    replied
    I`m with Sundown

what`s the reason for the question ? curious, commercial reward, bored and want something to do ? pre bid ? What will you do with the info ? If it`s pre bid you are in trouble already.

old but new

Leave a comment:

• Donald Branscom
    replied
    One more thing. Mike should read this excellent web page on cost savings for these "shutters"

http://www.weldreality.com/metric_weld_conversions.htm

Excellent info for production parts.

Leave a comment:

• Donald Branscom
    replied
    They do have hand held welding calculaters for that express purpose, but first we would need to know the length of the welds and the spacing if any etc.,.

mikejmu - We need much more information to answer your question. See below.

And what was the welding process? MIG, SMAW, ????

See what I mean?

First determine the pounds per foot for that process, and filler size. Then figure how many inches or feet of welding with that welding process and welding specification, and you will have your answer.
    You may need to know how to read welding symbols.

After you measure the plates and have your thickness say 1/4 inch @10.2 pounds per square foot then take the total
    weight of the plates- and subtract that from the weight of the finished weldment and you will have your answer to the weight of the welding filler material.

For the forum members..... Go to http://www.indiamart.com/yauseffabri.../products.html
    And scroll down to see photos.
    These "shuttering" plates are forms for the construction process of bridges etc.,.

BTW... Why are we not making these simple plates in our own country for our own building projects???/
    Last edited by Donald Branscom; 02-18-2011, 12:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mikejmu
    replied
    Wow, I really am not a spammer.

I was trying to find out the answer to the question. I guess I'll post it on another forum. Sorry to bother you.

Leave a comment:

• jbmprods
    replied
    Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
    NO

Frankly I think it's pretty stupid to post up a question that you don't even have a clue about what's being asked.

But then again, based on this and your other posts, I'm pretty sure you're just another SPAMMER posting BS on a message board.

GTFOH with your ads for "welding machines".
    very well put SundownIII

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Originally posted by mikejmu View Post
    Ok, then we're not stupid then :-) I found the question online. I didn't know the answer. My dad didn't know. So I thought I'd ask you guys. Oh well.

Here's where the question is: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3194941AAu4Wcy
    Seriously- why are you even asking this question if you are not a Spammer?

"This question about "How much weight of w… " was originally asked on Yahoo! Answers India"

Leave a comment:

• mikejmu
    replied
    Wow, not too friendly. In most forums you're allowed to put a link in your signature. I'm not a spammer.

Have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• SundownIII
    replied
    NO

Frankly I think it's pretty stupid to post up a question that you don't even have a clue about what's being asked.

But then again, based on this and your other posts, I'm pretty sure you're just another SPAMMER posting BS on a message board.

GTFOH with your ads for "welding machines".

Leave a comment:

• mikejmu
    replied
    Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
    That makes us all even.

We don't understand what the he11 you're talking about.

Ask a BS question and you're not going to get any help. Try explaining what you're talking about (application), and there may be someone who could help.
    Ok, then we're not stupid then :-) I found the question online. I didn't know the answer. My dad didn't know. So I thought I'd ask you guys. Oh well.

Here's where the question is: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3194941AAu4Wcy

Leave a comment:

• SundownIII
    replied
    That makes us all even.

We don't understand what the he11 you're talking about.

Ask a BS question and you're not going to get any help. Try explaining what you're talking about (application), and there may be someone who could help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X