X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davedarragh
    replied
    Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    The switch is to the left..electrode negative....the pulse was on but set at the lowest. I turned pulse off totally and tried again. It didn't do it. I'll do more checking.....thanks guys
    Monte: What's the material thickness? I rarely use the pulser, unless it's thin material. Tungsten type?

As Sundown mentioned, it's easy to "pull back" on the torch, which changes your arc length. As a rule of thumb, arc length should be one electrode diameter.

Remember, this is a CC process, and like SMAW the voltage (electrical pressure) varies with arc length.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    The switch is to the left..electrode negative....the pulse was on but set at the lowest. I turned pulse off totally and tried again. It didn't do it. I'll do more checking.....thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• Donald Branscom
    replied
    Originally posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    What he is saying is he may be moving the torch closer then farther away then back close again.
    Its easy to mistakenly do as you start moving both hands in sync.

Adding filler with one hand and unknowingly moving the other hand with the same motion.

Just maybe Sundown is correct.

Only other time I seen something similer is from running the welding machine from a gas generator that couldn't
    keep up.
    Ok...I understand.

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied
    What he is saying is he may be moving the torch closer then farther away then back close again.
    Its easy to mistakenly do as you start moving both hands in sync.

Adding filler with one hand and unknowingly moving the other hand with the same motion.

Just maybe Sundown is correct.

Only other time I seen something similer is from running the welding machine from a gas generator that couldn't
    keep up.
    Last edited by Hardrock40; 02-16-2011, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Donald Branscom
    replied
    Not sure what SundownIII is saying.

SundownIII can you explain?
    "You don't realize it, but you're changing the tungsten to work length."

Just asking.

Leave a comment:

• SundownIII
    replied
    Arc length.

You don't realize it, but you're changing the tungsten to work length.

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    Ok I have a Sync 200 and am tigging steel on dcep...160 amps.
    Not that it addresses your problem, but shouldn't you be tigging steel on DCEN?
    Last edited by Helios; 02-16-2011, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Does it happen when your running in pulse? Cause that pulse runs from where ever you set your peak amperage to where ever you set your low or background amperage

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    started a topic why is this

why is this

Ok I have a Sync 200 and am tigging steel on dcep...160 amps. The arc will start, make a puddle and I start to add filler and then without lifting my foot off the pedal pushed to max, the arc will get smaller and less power and then it may get to full power again without me changing anything. ??????????
Working...
X