Hello from Michigan - love this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Michigan - love this site

GM Automotive Manufacturing Engineer for 30 years desigining, purchasing, and installing final assembly lines for the FWD Halfshafts for GM and even Toyota & Chrysler worldwide. Something new every day around the world.
    Had enough and retired 3 years ago when I was constantly asked to support and bail out the incompetence in China and Mexico while giving (helping out our PARTNERS as my boss would say) them all our technology and trade secrets.
    Don't get this wrong as it was a wonderful career with many challenges that I thoroughly enjoyed except for the last 3-4years and would do it all again.

Ok on to welding - strictly hobby type fixing and fabricating most everything in the small job category for the family and neighbors for the last 30yrs as well.
    It's my creative relaxing time when I'm not somewhere else in the world.

Hobbies include - RC flying airplanes and helicopters, SCUBA, Exotic foods, Travel, Photography, welding/fabricating. We have been to all 7 continents, the 4 largest water falls, 3 largest rivers, All continential highest peaks including Mt. Everest (Not including K2 in Pakistan)

Basically we live life with no regrets and thrive on adrenalin.
    Pics at www.crosstravel.us

Selfless plug - please vote for us (June 2010) if you like the picture at http://www.petoskeynews.net/worldphotos.html
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 PLASMA'r, Lincoln SP-100 MIGGER on gas, Lincoln 175 AC/DC Sq Wave TIGGER, Lincoln 225/125 AC/DC STICKER, 7" x 12" Horiz/Vert Band SAWER, Central 16" - 16 speed Drill PRESSER, Sanborn 3HP 20Gal Air COMPRESSOR, Dayton 9" disk - 6 x 48 Belt SANDER, Sears 8" Pedestal GRINDER, Victor O/A Torch BURNER, 150amp service to the 40'x64' Pole Barn - Priceless

Hello Gerald.

Working in China and Mexico helping friends. That's an interesting way to put it.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

Originally posted by Qwert66 View Post
      GM Automotive Manufacturing Engineer for 30 years desigining, purchasing, and installing final assembly lines for the FWD Halfshafts for GM and even Toyota & Chrysler worldwide. Something new every day around the world.
      Had enough and retired 3 years ago when I was constantly asked to support and bail out the incompetence in China and Mexico while giving (helping out our PARTNERS as my boss would say) them all our technology and trade secrets.
      Don't get this wrong as it was a wonderful career with many challenges that I thoroughly enjoyed except for the last 3-4years and would do it all again.

Ok on to welding - strictly hobby type fixing and fabricating most everything in the small job category for the family and neighbors for the last 30yrs as well.
      It's my creative relaxing time when I'm not somewhere else in the world.

Hobbies include - RC flying airplanes and helicopters, SCUBA, Exotic foods, Travel, Photography, welding/fabricating. We have been to all 7 continents, the 4 largest water falls, 3 largest rivers, All continential highest peaks including Mt. Everest (Not including K2 in Pakistan)

Basically we live life with no regrets and thrive on adrenalin.
      Pics at www.crosstravel.us

Selfless plug - please vote for us (June 2010) if you like the picture at http://www.petoskeynews.net/worldphotos.html
      Okay, so what's your question? You mis-spelled "pedestal"

Spammer
      "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Davedagrragh - Sig updated, thanks for the correction.
        My only question is did you vote ?

Shovelon - To clarify, I have not and will never consider them my friends, only a means to a retirement end.
        Last edited by Qwert66; 02-16-2011, 10:35 AM.
        Hypertherm Powermax 45 PLASMA'r, Lincoln SP-100 MIGGER on gas, Lincoln 175 AC/DC Sq Wave TIGGER, Lincoln 225/125 AC/DC STICKER, 7" x 12" Horiz/Vert Band SAWER, Central 16" - 16 speed Drill PRESSER, Sanborn 3HP 20Gal Air COMPRESSOR, Dayton 9" disk - 6 x 48 Belt SANDER, Sears 8" Pedestal GRINDER, Victor O/A Torch BURNER, 150amp service to the 40'x64' Pole Barn - Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by Qwert66 View Post
          Davedagrragh
          My only question is did you vote ?
          My voting record is personal. Now, you mis-spelled my name.

Do you have a question about WELDING you'd like answered?
          "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Sincerely sorry about misspelling your name.
            My Bad.

Comment

Working...
            X